|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
2. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
3. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
4. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
5. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
2. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
3. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
4. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
5. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
6. Where do the team of scientists on the Galaxy launch the second penetrometer?
7. What was the last message from the Discovery?
8. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
9. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
10. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, obviously care for each other although there are not many scenes of them together in the story.
Part 1) Compare what is known about Dr. Floyd's character to what is known about Chris Floyd's character.
Part 2) Is it clear that they share family traits? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe what is known about Shaka.
Part 2) If the group exists why does it seemingly refuse to take public responsibilities for its actions like many of the current terrorist groups?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)