|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
2. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
3. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
4. What was Sebastian?
5. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
2. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
3. What is Shaka?
4. What happened at Sunrise on Europa to convince Van der Berg of possible worth to the planet?
5. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
6. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
7. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
8. What was the last message from the Discovery?
9. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
10. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what is known about Rose, the hijacker.
Part 1) What is known about Rose considering the efficiency with which she gets Galaxy?
Part 2) Speculate on why Rose commits suicide rather than be interrogated. What does this explain to the reader about the Shaka organization.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe what is known about Shaka.
Part 2) If the group exists why does it seemingly refuse to take public responsibilities for its actions like many of the current terrorist groups?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Speculate on why the author chooses not to reveal the intelligent creatures on Europa.
Part 2) Is it possible that these creatures communicate with the monolith and its trinity? Explain.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)