|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Second Officer Chang explain to Steward Third Class Rosie McCullen?
2. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
3. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
4. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
5. What company insured the chartered mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
2. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
3. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
4. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
5. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
6. What happened at Sunrise on Europa to convince Van der Berg of possible worth to the planet?
7. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
8. Describe Europa's appearance.
9. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
10. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
Essay Topic 2
There are many famous guests aboard the Universe.
Part 1) Describe the different characters aboard the Universe.
Part 2) What famous people would be on the Universe if it were to fly today?
Part 3) Which famous character from the book could you best be described as and why?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the book are unable to return to Earth.
Part 1) Speculate on how it would feel to be more or less exiled from your home.
Part 2) Would you choose to live on a different planet away from your family if it would extend your life? Explain.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)