|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ASTROPOL and the USSA would not admit that what did not exist?
2. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
3. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
4. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
5. What is Old Faithful?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
2. When Captain Laplace realizes they are turning in space, what does he do?
3. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
4. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
5. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
6. Who does the group on the Universe think sent the warning to stay off of Europa?
7. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
8. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
9. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
10. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
Essay Topic 1
Although this book was written in 1987, what subjects did C. Clark touch on that are current issues today? If he wrote the book today what changes would be made if any? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why isn't there more information found on the Shaka group?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if there had been more information imparted to the reader about this organization?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe what is known about Shaka.
Part 2) If the group exists why does it seemingly refuse to take public responsibilities for its actions like many of the current terrorist groups?
This section contains 1,642 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)