|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
2. Who took William Tsung's title upon birth?
3. Rosie made great what?
4. Who fainted after the bridge doors opened?
5. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
2. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
3. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
4. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
5. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
6. What happened at Sunrise on Europa to convince Van der Berg of possible worth to the planet?
7. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
8. Describe Europa's appearance.
9. Where do the team of scientists on the Galaxy launch the second penetrometer?
10. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, are seemingly two of the more important characters in the book.
Part 1) How would the story been different if there had been no Dr. Floyd?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if Dr. Floyd had been with Chris aboard the Galaxy rather than on the Universe?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what is known about Rose, the hijacker.
Part 1) What is known about Rose considering the efficiency with which she gets Galaxy?
Part 2) Speculate on why Rose commits suicide rather than be interrogated. What does this explain to the reader about the Shaka organization.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is known about the monolith.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the monolith had Dr. Floyd's consciousness before it spoke with Chris?
Part 2) Why is Dr. Floyd's consciousness in the monolith crucial to the story?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)