|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
2. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
3. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
4. What was William Tsung's title?
5. How did Rosie McMullen hijack the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
2. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
3. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
4. When Captain Laplace realizes they are turning in space, what does he do?
5. Describe Europa's appearance.
6. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
7. What is Shaka?
8. Why was the Universe's tour cut short and called back to Earth?
9. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
10. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, are seemingly two of the more important characters in the book.
Part 1) How would the story been different if there had been no Dr. Floyd?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if Dr. Floyd had been with Chris aboard the Galaxy rather than on the Universe?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why isn't there more information found on the Shaka group?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if there had been more information imparted to the reader about this organization?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)