|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spaceship Dr Floyd will use on his voyage to Haley's Comet?
2. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
3. In 2060, who was the first Planetary President?
4. What was one of the principle tourist attractions on Haley's Comet?
5. Where did Sir Lawrence viewed a program about space exploration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
2. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
3. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
4. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
5. Where do the team of scientists on the Galaxy launch the second penetrometer?
6. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
7. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
8. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
9. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
10. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, are seemingly two of the more important characters in the book.
Part 1) How would the story been different if there had been no Dr. Floyd?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if Dr. Floyd had been with Chris aboard the Galaxy rather than on the Universe?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on how the story would have been different for the members of the Galaxy if Rose's body had not been seen being vomited up by the shark-like creature.
Part 2) Considering it was scientists on the Universe would they have been able to figure this information out other ways? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, obviously care for each other although there are not many scenes of them together in the story.
Part 1) Compare what is known about Dr. Floyd's character to what is known about Chris Floyd's character.
Part 2) Is it clear that they share family traits? Explain.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)