|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
2. Where did the spaceship intend to land on Haley's Comet?
3. For what was Shaka named?
4. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
5. Who fainted after the bridge doors opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
2. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
3. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
4. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
5. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
6. Why was the Universe's tour cut short and called back to Earth?
7. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
8. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
9. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
10. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Speculate on why the author chooses not to reveal the intelligent creatures on Europa.
Part 2) Is it possible that these creatures communicate with the monolith and its trinity? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is known about the monolith.
Part 1) Is there any indication that the monolith had Dr. Floyd's consciousness before it spoke with Chris?
Part 2) Why is Dr. Floyd's consciousness in the monolith crucial to the story?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)