|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
2. What was William Tsung's title?
3. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
4. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
5. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
2. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
3. Describe Europa's appearance.
4. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
5. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
6. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
7. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
8. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
9. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
10. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) There are many different moments of foreshadowing in the story. Choose one that you feel is the biggest moment of foreshadowing to write about.
Part 2) List a moment that could have been foreshadowing but wasn't and explain to what it could have logically pointed.
This section contains 1,553 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)