|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
2. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
3. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
4. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
5. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Captain Laplace realizes they are turning in space, what does he do?
2. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
3. Describe Europa's appearance.
4. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
5. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
6. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
7. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
8. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
9. The Galaxy eventually ends up where?
10. Who does the group on the Universe think sent the warning to stay off of Europa?
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) There are many different moments of foreshadowing in the story. Choose one that you feel is the biggest moment of foreshadowing to write about.
Part 2) List a moment that could have been foreshadowing but wasn't and explain to what it could have logically pointed.
Essay Topic 2
When stranded on Europa many of the scientists become excited at the thought of being able to explore.
Part 1) What would have been your realistic reaction knowing that a rescue might not come in time to save you?
Part 2) Why does the author chose not to focus heavily on the conditions the scientists encounter while on the planet past the fact that the things from different worlds are poisonous to each other?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
This section contains 1,571 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)