Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
2. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
3. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
4. Where did Dr. Floyd help Chris get a job?
5. What did Van der Berg accuse Mr.Floyd of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Second Officer Jolson's idea about getting to the Galaxy faster?
2. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
3. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
4. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
5. The Galaxy eventually ends up where?
6. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
7. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
8. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
9. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
10. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
Essay Topic 1
The subject of space exploration has been of interest to people for many years.
Part 1) What about this book seemed obtainable for humans within the next 100 years or so? Explain.
Part 2) What about the book seems clearly unrealistic and pure fantasy? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, are seemingly two of the more important characters in the book.
Part 1) How would the story been different if there had been no Dr. Floyd?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if Dr. Floyd had been with Chris aboard the Galaxy rather than on the Universe?
Essay Topic 3
There are many famous guests aboard the Universe.
Part 1) Describe the different characters aboard the Universe.
Part 2) What famous people would be on the Universe if it were to fly today?
Part 3) Which famous character from the book could you best be described as and why?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)