|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took William Tsung's title upon birth?
2. Uncle Paul searched for evidence and found it in what publication?
3. What did the article refer to in its title?
4. Where did the captain ask the passengers of the Universe stay during rendezvous and touchdown?
5. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
2. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
3. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
4. What happened at Sunrise on Europa to convince Van der Berg of possible worth to the planet?
5. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
6. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
7. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
8. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
9. What was the last message from the Discovery?
10. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The two main captains in the story are Captain Smith and Captain Laplace.
Part 1) What about these two characters is the same?
Part 2) What about these characters is different?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) There are many different moments of foreshadowing in the story. Choose one that you feel is the biggest moment of foreshadowing to write about.
Part 2) List a moment that could have been foreshadowing but wasn't and explain to what it could have logically pointed.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)