|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
2. What was William Tsung's title?
3. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
4. Rosie made great what?
5. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
2. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
3. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
4. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
5. Describe Europa's appearance.
6. Why was the Universe's tour cut short and called back to Earth?
7. When Captain Laplace realizes they are turning in space, what does he do?
8. On day five of the journey to Haley's Comet, the captain reveals what secret; describe the secret?
9. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
10. What is Shaka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
Essay Topic 2
When stranded on Europa many of the scientists become excited at the thought of being able to explore.
Part 1) What would have been your realistic reaction knowing that a rescue might not come in time to save you?
Part 2) Why does the author chose not to focus heavily on the conditions the scientists encounter while on the planet past the fact that the things from different worlds are poisonous to each other?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Speculate on why the author chooses not to reveal the intelligent creatures on Europa.
Part 2) Is it possible that these creatures communicate with the monolith and its trinity? Explain.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)