|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
2. Other than Mars, what was the only other world that Rolph van der Berg thought could be inhabitable?
3. Where did Sir Lawrence viewed a program about space exploration?
4. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
5. Dr. Chant was the group's speleologist, what was his profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
2. When Captain Laplace realizes they are turning in space, what does he do?
3. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
4. On day five of the journey to Haley's Comet, the captain reveals what secret; describe the secret?
5. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
6. Where do the team of scientists on the Galaxy launch the second penetrometer?
7. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
8. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
9. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
10. What is Shaka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, are seemingly two of the more important characters in the book.
Part 1) How would the story been different if there had been no Dr. Floyd?
Part 2) How would the story have been different if Dr. Floyd had been with Chris aboard the Galaxy rather than on the Universe?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, obviously care for each other although there are not many scenes of them together in the story.
Part 1) Compare what is known about Dr. Floyd's character to what is known about Chris Floyd's character.
Part 2) Is it clear that they share family traits? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)