|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
2. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
3. What is the name of the mountain on Europa?
4. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
5. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
2. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
3. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
4. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
5. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
6. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
7. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
8. What happened at Sunrise on Europa to convince Van der Berg of possible worth to the planet?
9. Why was the Universe's tour cut short and called back to Earth?
10. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Floyd and his grandson, Chris, obviously care for each other although there are not many scenes of them together in the story.
Part 1) Compare what is known about Dr. Floyd's character to what is known about Chris Floyd's character.
Part 2) Is it clear that they share family traits? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Dr. van der Berg's intentions when he first learns there may be a diamond under Mount Zeus.
Part 2) Why does he try so hard to keep it a secret?
Part 3) What would have been the reaction if van der Berg had announced that the diamond was there?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following to write about:
Part 1) Galaxy lands and finds that this new world is an exact replica of old earth and the two ecosystems are completely compatible.
Part 2) The creatures on Europa, or the monolith, are hostile towards humans.
Part 3) The monolith had been damaged when the giant diamond landed on Europa.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)