|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Van der Berg not work at an Earth-based university after the rescue?
(a) He would be going to jail for his role in landing on Europa.
(b) His body was accustomed to Ganymede's gravity.
(c) He was planning a return to Europa.
(d) He would be working on Ganymede.
2. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) Shiny pennies.
(d) Ice crystals.
3. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A dead cow floating in the sea.
(c) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
(d) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
4. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Nickel surfacing.
(b) Europan letters.
(c) Microthin layer of diamond.
(d) Gold plating.
5. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
(a) Haley's Restoring Hydrocarbons.
(b) Haley's Wonder Laxative.
(c) Haley's Patent Purgative.
(d) Haley's Pure Water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the air smell like on Europa?
2. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
3. How fast was the Universe traveling?
4. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
5. How large was the Universe's video library?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
2. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
3. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
4. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
5. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
6. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
7. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
8. What was the encouraging words from the Universe?
9. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
10. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)