|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Head Office.
2. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
(a) Back to the sea.
(b) The Universe.
(c) The Galaxy.
(d) Up the Mount.
3. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
(a) The death of the monster.
(b) The loss of oxygen in the cabin.
(c) The news of the rescue by the Universe.
(d) The news that Rosie is dead.
4. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
(b) Weird lights.
(c) Small dogs.
5. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(a) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
(d) Mutant sharks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
2. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
3. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
4. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
5. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
2. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
3. In the year 3010, what happens?
4. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
5. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
6. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
7. Describe the sea monster that ate Rosie's body.
8. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
9. What was Second Officer Jolson's idea about getting to the Galaxy faster?
10. Define perturbation theory.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)