|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(a) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
(b) Mutant sharks.
2. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) Head Office.
(d) His mother.
3. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will live fifty more years.
(b) He will return to the space hospital.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
4. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(a) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
5. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
2. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
3. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
4. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
5. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
2. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
3. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
4. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
5. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
6. In the year 3010, what happens?
7. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
8. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
9. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
10. Define perturbation theory.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)