|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Floyd do while at the Great Wall?
(a) Take still photos of the weather.
(b) Take a video of the creatures there.
(c) Land the shuttle.
(d) Tour the inside of an igloo.
2. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
(b) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(c) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
(d) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
3. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
(b) A seagull.
(c) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
(d) A dead cow floating in the sea.
4. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His father.
(b) Head Office.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
5. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) William Tsung.
(d) Victor Willis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
2. What appearance did the black monolith have?
3. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
4. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
5. What did the air smell like on Europa?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Galaxy eventually ends up where?
2. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
3. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
4. What was the encouraging words from the Universe?
5. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
6. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
7. George and Jerry discovered what about Shaka?
8. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
9. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
10. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)