|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
(a) Sleep late.
(b) Explore Europa.
(c) Eat gourmet foods.
(d) Relax on Sundays.
2. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) Shiny pennies.
(d) Ice crystals.
3. What is considered a poison in an atmosphere like Europa?
(d) Iron pyrite.
4. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
(a) They could breathe the air.
(b) They were not locked in a spaceship.
(c) They had not been hijacked.
(d) They were not on a hostile planet.
5. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
(a) The news that Rosie is dead.
(b) The loss of oxygen in the cabin.
(c) The news of the rescue by the Universe.
(d) The death of the monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
2. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
3. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
4. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
5. What did the air smell like on Europa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
2. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
3. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
4. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
5. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
6. Describe the sea monster that ate Rosie's body.
7. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
8. How much time did refueling on Haley's comet save the Universe?
9. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
10. In the year 3010, what happens?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)