|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
2. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
3. Why must the Europans die?
(a) It became too hot.
(b) Their atmosphere was changing.
(c) They had not developed true intelligence.
(d) Their world will freeze.
4. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(d) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
5. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A naval uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
2. What is the nickname of the shuttle?
3. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
4. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
5. How did Europa start out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who becomes the three guardians, and what is the monolith's role?
2. What was the encouraging words from the Universe?
3. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
4. Who does the group on the Universe think sent the warning to stay off of Europa?
5. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
6. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
7. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
8. Describe the sea monster that ate Rosie's body.
9. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
10. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)