|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
2. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) William Tsung.
3. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
(a) To eat more cake.
(b) To go to Earth for fuel.
(c) To refuel on Mars.
(d) To get more fuel from Old Faithful.
4. On Europa what do the Floaters do? Guardians
(a) Taker of the order of the land.
(b) Harvest the sea.
(c) Guardians of the land.
(d) Removes nutrients from the lava streams.
5. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A shark.
(b) A mammoth.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
2. How does Chang removed the shuttle from the Universe?
3. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
4. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
5. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
2. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
3. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
4. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
5. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
6. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
7. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
8. How much time did refueling on Haley's comet save the Universe?
9. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
10. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)