|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
(a) Cloud cover.
(b) The night stars.
(c) Freedom to Europans.
(d) General Counsel.
2. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(b) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
(c) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
(d) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
3. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A naval uniform.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A dressing gown.
4. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) A dead cow floating in the sea.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
(d) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
5. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Microthin layer of diamond.
(b) Nickel surfacing.
(c) Europan letters.
(d) Gold plating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Captain Smith cut the Universe's trip short?
2. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
3. To what did the interviewer liken the ship's voyage?
4. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
5. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
2. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
3. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
4. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
5. What was the Universe's schedule upon approaching Europa?
6. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
7. Define perturbation theory.
8. How much time did refueling on Haley's comet save the Universe?
9. With what creatures in the sea did the Galaxy come in contact?
10. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)