|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
2. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(b) He will teach on Earth.
(c) He will return to the space hospital.
(d) He will live fifty more years.
3. The meal would begin with what if the drive was on?
(d) Hors d'oeuves.
4. At the beginning of the rescue mission, the Universe could be seen by whom?
(b) Human beings.
5. Who is the only living man to have witnessed the birth of a new sun and solar system?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Captain Laplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
2. What caused the seas on Europa not to freeze solid?
3. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
4. By what is the value of diamonds controlled?
5. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
2. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
3. Define perturbation theory.
4. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
5. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
6. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
7. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
8. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
9. What was the request Floyd and Van der Berg placed to the captain?
10. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)