|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Consume coffee.
(c) Eat well.
(d) Sleep well.
2. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
3. What did Floyd do while at the Great Wall?
(a) Tour the inside of an igloo.
(b) Land the shuttle.
(c) Take still photos of the weather.
(d) Take a video of the creatures there.
4. By what is the value of diamonds controlled?
(a) The weight.
(b) The quality.
(c) The dealers and the producers.
(d) The demand.
5. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Ten hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
2. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
3. Who is the trinity that administrates Europa?
4. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
5. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
2. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
3. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
4. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
5. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
6. After the rescue, how did Rolf van der Berg fair professionally and financially?
7. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
8. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
9. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
10. What lives on Europa close to the vents in the tropical region?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)