|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the Europans die?
(a) Their world will freeze.
(b) Their atmosphere was changing.
(c) They had not developed true intelligence.
(d) It became too hot.
2. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
(a) Going on a date.
(b) Gettin married.
(c) Killing a bear.
(d) Kissing a woman.
3. What is considered a poison in an atmosphere like Europa?
(d) Iron pyrite.
4. How fast was the Universe traveling?
(a) Half as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(b) Not as fast as the voyage to the comet.
(c) Slower than the ship that went to Europa.
(d) Twice as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
5. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
(a) The ice layers of Uranus and Venus--Diamonds in the Sky.
(b) How to make diamonds.
(c) Diamonds in the Sky and in the ground.
(d) How diamonds are made.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
2. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
3. Why was Van der Berg so apprehensive about Chris Floyd?
4. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
5. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sea monster that ate Rosie's body.
2. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
3. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
4. With what creatures in the sea did the Galaxy come in contact?
5. Define perturbation theory.
6. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
7. What time-honored tradition was upheld daily on the Universe at 1800 every evening?
8. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
9. What seems to have caused Dr. Floyd's restless dreams?
10. What was the order that Captain Laplace received from Head Office?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)