|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
(b) That what goes up must come down.
(c) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
(d) That what comes around goes around.
2. How large was the Universe's video library?
(a) Enough for a date night.
(b) Enough for several lifetimes of viewing.
(c) Enough for a day or two.
(d) Enough for a couple of months.
3. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
(a) Space Administrator Millson.
(b) The Europans.
(c) The crew of the ship Galaxy.
(d) The crew of the ship Universe.
4. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
5. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
(a) The Universe.
(b) Back to the sea.
(c) The Galaxy.
(d) Up the Mount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could be exposed on Europa but not anywhere else in the Solar System?
2. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
3. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
4. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
5. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
2. What was Second Officer Jolson's idea about getting to the Galaxy faster?
3. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
4. The Galaxy eventually ends up where?
5. About what was Victor Willis' video piece that Paul Kreuger had?
6. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
7. Define perturbation theory.
8. Who becomes the three guardians, and what is the monolith's role?
9. What message did Van der Berg send to Earth?
10. Describe the surface of the Mount Zeus .
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)