|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
(a) George and Jerry.
(b) Victor WIlis and Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Dr. Menhindrend and Dr.Oleg.
(d) Dr. Floyd and Dr.Greenberg.
2. What company insured the chartered mission?
(b) Lloyds of London.
3. Who did Van der Berg think responsible for the hijacking?
(a) Captain Laplace.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Mr. Chang.
4. Mr. Chang attempted to land on what at first?
(a) A frozen lake.
(b) A cloud covered piece of land.
(c) A rocky hillside.
(d) A canyon floor.
5. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
(a) No gravity.
(b) High gravitiy.
(c) Normal gravity.
(d) Low gravity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
2. What was William Tsung's title?
3. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
4. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
5. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
2. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
3. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
4. On day five of the journey to Haley's Comet, the captain reveals what secret; describe the secret?
5. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
6. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
7. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
8. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
9. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
10. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)