|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
(b) Sir Lawerence.
(c) Sir Thomas.
2. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
3. In 2060, who was the first Planetary President?
(a) Edward VI.
(b) Frederico III.
(c) Charles X.
(d) Edward VIII.
4. What was Dr.Paul Kreuger's scientific specialty?
(a) Space history.
(b) Political imaging.
(c) Particle physics.
(d) Finance and Administration.
5. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
(b) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(c) A human-like shoe print.
(d) Ice and snow in the cavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
2. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
3. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
4. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
5. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last message from the Discovery?
2. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
3. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
4. What is Shaka?
5. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
6. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
7. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
8. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
9. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
10. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)