|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
(a) Captain Eric Laplace.
(b) Rolf van der Berg.
(c) Captain Jovian.
(d) Captain Lucifer.
2. What is the name of the spaceship Dr Floyd will use on his voyage to Haley's Comet?
(c) The Main Stay.
3. Where did Dr. Floyd help Chris get a job?
(a) On the space hospital.
(b) On the spaceship Cosmos.
(c) On the spaceship Universe.
(d) On the spaceship Tsung.
4. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
(a) Lawrence Tsung.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Oleg Glazunov.
(d) Katerina Rudenko.
5. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
(a) Europa's canyon.
(b) Europa's forest floor.
(c) Europa's jungle.
(d) Europa's central sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain on Europa?
2. Who was Oom Paul?
3. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
4. What did the article refer to in its title?
5. How did Rosie McMullen hijack the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
2. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
3. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
4. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
5. What is Shaka?
6. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
7. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
8. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
9. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
10. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)