|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Chant was the group's speleologist, what was his profession?
(a) A professional guide.
(b) A professional cave explorer.
(c) A professional stunt man.
(d) A professional rock climber.
2. With whom did Dr. Floyd make his first outing on the comet?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Yva Merlin.
(d) Captain Smith.
3. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Caroline's new husband.
(b) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
(c) Jerry's parrot.
(d) Dr. Chang's assistant.
5. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
(a) A robotic maid.
(b) A virtual girl.
(c) A tiny slave.
(d) A steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Second Officer Chang explain to Steward Third Class Rosie McCullen?
2. Where did the spaceship intend to land on Haley's Comet?
3. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
4. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
5. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
2. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
3. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
4. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
5. What was the last message from the Discovery?
6. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
7. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
8. Why was the Universe's tour cut short and called back to Earth?
9. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
10. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)