|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Eight hours.
2. What was Sebastian?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A valet.
3. Dr Greenberg asked for what after the announcement was made?
(a) A new hairnet.
(b) To go back to the space hospital.
(c) A diving board.
(d) A pair of flip flops.
4. How did Van der Berg send his request for help to his uncle?
(a) Through space imaging.
(b) Via paper airplanes.
(c) By typing it into his cell phone.
(d) Encrypted in a language few know anymore.
5. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
(a) 70 years old.
(b) 56 years old.
(c) 103 years old.
(d) 65 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to go to the comet's surface what did Victor Willis have to do ?
2. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
3. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
4. What is Old Faithful?
5. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
2. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
3. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
4. Describe Europa's appearance.
5. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
6. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
7. Upon approaching Europa, Mr Chang does what?
8. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
9. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
10. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)