|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucifer? nebulae
(a) A space hospital.
(b) A new planet.
(c) A nebulae.
(d) A rival to the sun.
2. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
(a) No gravity.
(b) Low gravity.
(c) High gravitiy.
(d) Normal gravity.
3. When Dr. Chant explores the center of the comet, what was a layer of mineral he saw?
(b) Quartz crystal.
(c) Lava rock formations.
(d) Iron pyrite.
4. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(b) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
(c) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
(d) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
5. As Dr. Chant left the cavern, why was he asked to return to ship?
(a) A time constraint.
(b) An emergency.
(c) Running out of oxygen.
(d) A small nick in his spacesuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to go to the comet's surface what did Victor Willis have to do ?
2. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
3. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
4. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
5. Who emerged from the bridge after the gunshot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
2. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
3. Describe Europa's appearance.
4. Why was William Tsung called the most expensive baby in the world when he was born?
5. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
6. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
7. What was the last message from the Discovery?
8. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
9. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
10. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)