|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
(a) Gravity disappered.
(b) It was the middle of the night.
(c) Gravity returned.
(d) The ride was rocky.
2. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
(a) Second Officer Chang.
(b) Rolf van der Berg.
(c) Captain Laplace.
(d) Rosie McCullen.
3. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost one hour.
(b) Almost ten seconds.
(c) Almost two seconds.
(d) Almost five seconds.
4. What company insured the chartered mission?
(d) Lloyds of London.
5. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
(a) He developed a a need for supplemental Oxygen.
(b) He developed pneumonia and had to have antibiotics.
(c) He developed bone necrosis in his broken bones and had to be sent back to space.
(d) He developed a taste for fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
2. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
3. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
4. With what did Rolf van der Berg believe Mount Zeus was covered?
5. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
2. Despite Captain Smith's misgivings, who requests that they go along with Jolson's plan?
3. What does Floyd and Van der Berg discuss about Floyd's illusion?
4. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
5. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
6. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
7. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
8. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
9. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
10. Define perturbation theory.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)