|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Jerry's parrot.
(b) Caroline's new husband.
(c) Dr. Chang's assistant.
(d) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
2. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
(a) Normal gravity.
(b) High gravitiy.
(c) Low gravity.
(d) No gravity.
3. Where did Rosie want Mr.Chang to land the ship?
4. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
(c) Sir Lawerence.
(d) Sir Thomas.
5. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(b) Rat droppings.
(c) Unstable elements.
(d) Jet fuel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
2. What did Van der Berg accuse Mr.Floyd of being?
3. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
4. For what was Shaka named?
5. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
2. What was the last message from the Discovery?
3. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
4. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
5. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
6. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
7. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
8. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
9. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
10. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)