|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Jerry's parrot.
(b) Caroline's new husband.
(c) Dr. Chang's assistant.
(d) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
2. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
(a) Rolf van der Berg.
(b) Captain Laplace.
(c) Rosie McCullen.
(d) Second Officer Chang.
3. What company insured the chartered mission?
(b) Lloyds of London.
4. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
(a) 65 years old.
(b) 70 years old.
(c) 105 years old.
(d) 60 years old.
5. Who was the Science Officer aboard the Tsien?
(a) Dr. Robert Chang.
(b) Dr. Oleg Brown.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
2. What did the article refer to in its title?
3. Where did Dr. Floyd help Chris get a job?
4. What is Old Faithful?
5. With whom did Dr. Floyd make his first outing on the comet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Europa's appearance.
2. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
3. What was the last message from the Discovery?
4. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
5. What is Shaka?
6. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
7. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
8. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
9. What happened at Sunrise on Europa to convince Van der Berg of possible worth to the planet?
10. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)