|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Two hours.
2. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
(a) The Great Floridian Mud Slide.
(b) The Great Californian Earthquake.
(c) The Great Texan Land Slide.
(d) The Great Railroad Destruction.
3. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
(a) The ride was rocky.
(b) Gravity returned.
(c) It was the middle of the night.
(d) Gravity disappered.
4. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
(a) He developed pneumonia and had to have antibiotics.
(b) He developed a a need for supplemental Oxygen.
(c) He developed bone necrosis in his broken bones and had to be sent back to space.
(d) He developed a taste for fried chicken.
5. Who was the Science Officer aboard the Tsien?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Dr. Oleg Brown.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) Dr. Robert Chang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
2. What is Lucifer? nebulae
3. Where did Sir Lawrence viewed a program about space exploration?
4. Mr. Chang attempted to land on what at first?
5. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
Short Essay Questions
1. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
2. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
3. Describe Europa's appearance.
4. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
5. What was the last message from the Discovery?
6. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
7. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
8. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
9. What is Shaka?
10. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)