|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosie want Mr.Chang to land the ship?
2. What was Dr.Paul Kreuger's scientific specialty?
(a) Finance and Administration.
(b) Particle physics.
(c) Political imaging.
(d) Space history.
3. When Dr. Chant explores the center of the comet, what was a layer of mineral he saw?
(a) Quartz crystal.
(b) Lava rock formations.
(c) Iron pyrite.
4. What did the article refer to in its title?
(a) The Beatle's song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Beatle's song "Yellow Submarine."
(d) The Carr's song "In Space."
5. What is the name of the mountain on Europa?
(a) Mount Chang.
(b) Mount Magazine.
(c) Mount Zeus.
(d) Mount Pleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the spaceship intend to land on Haley's Comet?
2. What was one of the principle tourist attractions on Haley's Comet?
3. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
4. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
5. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
2. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
3. Describe Sir Lawrence Tsung's fleet of spaceships.
4. On day five of the journey to Haley's Comet, the captain reveals what secret; describe the secret?
5. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
6. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
7. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
8. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
9. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
10. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)