|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain on Europa?
(a) Mount Magazine.
(b) Mount Pleasant.
(c) Mount Zeus.
(d) Mount Chang.
2. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
(a) There was a swimming pool onboard the spaceship.
(b) There would be a magic show at dinner.
(c) There would be a special breakfast served in his honor.
(d) There would be a dance later that night.
3. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(a) Unstable elements.
(b) Rat droppings.
(c) Jet fuel.
4. Where does Dr Heywood Floyd reside?
(a) Mars' Embassy.
(b) Saturn Outer Rings.
(c) Pasteur Space Hospital.
(d) Regency Hotel.
5. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
(a) Mission planetologist.
(b) Mission navigator.
(c) Mission cook.
(d) Mission scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Mr.Chang's mind about attempting to send the ship back out to space?
2. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
3. Who was the captain of the Universe?
4. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
5. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Captain Smith observed upon Haley's surface.
2. On day five of the journey to Haley's Comet, the captain reveals what secret; describe the secret?
3. When Captain Laplace realizes they are turning in space, what does he do?
4. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
5. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
6. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
7. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
8. Describe Europa's appearance.
9. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
10. How is Rolf van der Berg described when he is first introduced?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)