|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerged from the bridge after the gunshot?
(c) Mr. Chang.
2. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
(a) Attempt no landing on Earth.
(b) Attempt no landing on Mars.
(c) Attempt no landing on Saturn.
(d) Attempt no landing on Europa.
3. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
(a) Going to dinner after a long day.
(b) Going to Jupitor after the comet tour.
(c) Going out of the spaceship to explore the comets surface.
(d) Going back to the space hospital ahead of schedule.
4. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
5. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
(a) Thinking back about the history of aeronautics.
(b) Visiting with the other passengers.
(c) Marveling at the ship's speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
2. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
3. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
4. Uncle Paul searched for evidence and found it in what publication?
5. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Yva Merlin spent her exiled time on the Universe?
2. What would finding a diamond mountain do for the diamond market?
3. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
4. What was the encouraging words from the Universe?
5. What was Second Officer Jolson's idea about getting to the Galaxy faster?
6. About what was Captain Smith's interview?
7. Define perturbation theory.
8. In the year 3010, what happens?
9. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
10. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)