|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
(a) No one thought to bring her a hairbrush.
(b) No one wanted her to be unhappy.
(c) No one told her to pack a swimming suit.
(d) No one told her to come for dinner.
2. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A human-like shoe print.
(b) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(c) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(d) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
3. Who was the Science Officer aboard the Tsien?
(a) Dr. Robert Chang.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) Dr. Oleg Brown.
4. What did Van der Berg accuse Mr.Floyd of being?
(a) A cop.
(b) A bad actor.
(c) A good grandson.
(d) A hijacker.
5. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fainted after the bridge doors opened?
2. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
3. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
4. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
5. What was Sebastian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the last message from the Discovery?
2. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
3. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
4. Where do the team of scientists on the Galaxy launch the second penetrometer?
5. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
6. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
7. What was the accident that transformed Dr Heywood's aging process?
8. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
9. While researching Europa's surface, in what publication does Dr Krueger find his information, and what was it about?
10. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)