|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
2. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
3. Who were Dr. Floyd's oldest and closest friends?
(a) George and Floyd.
(b) George and Jerry.
(c) John and Terry.
(d) Carl and Jerry.
4. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
(a) To catalog the life on Europa.
(b) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Ganymede.
(c) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Lucifer.
(d) To survey the land on Europa.
5. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
(a) There would be a magic show at dinner.
(b) There would be a special breakfast served in his honor.
(c) There would be a dance later that night.
(d) There was a swimming pool onboard the spaceship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Van der Berg think responsible for the hijacking?
2. With what did Rolf van der Berg believe Mount Zeus was covered?
3. What is the most important element in South Africa's economy?
4. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
5. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Van der Berg explain diamond formation to Floyd?
2. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
3. As the Bill Tee flies over the monolith, describe what the occupants see?
4. What signs of life did Van der Berg observe on the Europan surface?
5. Why was Captain Laplace not concerned with morale of the crew upon landing?
6. How does Van der Berg contact Dr.Paul Kreuger and why?
7. While awaiting rendezvous with the comet, Mihailovich sees something, what is it?
8. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
9. What are some of the things that Dr. Floyd marvels about on the Universe?
10. What preparations does Dr. Floyd make before joining the journey to Haley's Comet?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)