|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Van der Berg think responsible for the hijacking?
(a) Captain Laplace.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Mr. Chang.
2. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
(a) Mission planetologist.
(b) Mission cook.
(c) Mission navigator.
(d) Mission scientist.
3. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
(a) Earth-Jupiter run.
(b) Mars-Jupiter run.
(c) Earth-Moon-Mars run.
(d) Venus-Saturn run.
4. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Dr. Chang's assistant.
(b) Caroline's new husband.
(c) Jerry's parrot.
(d) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
5. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Eight hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. ASTROPOL and the USSA would not admit that what did not exist?
2. What is the name of the spaceship Dr Floyd will use on his voyage to Haley's Comet?
3. Where does Dr Heywood Floyd reside?
4. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
5. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Galaxy team of scientists launch their first penetometer?
2. Second Officer Chris Floyd seeks out whom in this chapter to discuss the events?
3. Second Officer Chang on his night watch had what conversation with the steward?
4. Where did Dr Floyd fantasize about visiting?
5. Van der Berg contacts an astrophysicist by the name of Dr Wilkins for what purpose?
6. Describe the Valley of Black Snow on Haley's Comet.
7. Why does Captain Smith ban the tourists from visiting Tuonela Lake?
8. What curious events does the captain recall after the hijacking of the Galaxy?
9. Describe the South African Revolution and the effect that it has?
10. What are the layers that Dr. Chant observes as he is spelunking through Haley's comet?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)