|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
(a) The Europans.
(b) The crew of the ship Galaxy.
(c) The crew of the ship Universe.
(d) Space Administrator Millson.
2. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) A shark.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A parrot.
3. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
4. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(b) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
5. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Yva Merlin.
(d) Maggie M'Bala.
6. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
(a) Haley's Restoring Hydrocarbons.
(b) Haley's Patent Purgative.
(c) Haley's Wonder Laxative.
(d) Haley's Pure Water.
7. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
(a) It will make diamonds worthless.
(b) It will make space travel less expensive.
(c) It will cause too many people on Europa to kill for them.
(d) It will be flooded.
8. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His mother.
(b) Head Office.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
9. At the beginning of the rescue mission, the Universe could be seen by whom?
(d) Human beings.
10. What is sinking on the surface of Europa?
(a) Mount Zeus.
(b) The Galaxy.
(c) The Bill Tee.
(d) The Universe.
11. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
(a) Video cameras.
(b) Gem dealers.
12. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four days.
13. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
(a) Eat gourmet foods.
(b) Explore Europa.
(c) Relax on Sundays.
(d) Sleep late.
14. What did the air smell like on Europa?
(a) Rotten garbage.
(b) Rotten eggs.
(c) Rotten potatos.
(d) Rotten fruit.
15. Why could Van der Berg not work at an Earth-based university after the rescue?
(a) He was planning a return to Europa.
(b) He would be going to jail for his role in landing on Europa.
(c) His body was accustomed to Ganymede's gravity.
(d) He would be working on Ganymede.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
2. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
3. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
4. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
5. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)