|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
(a) To refuel on Mars.
(b) To get more fuel from Old Faithful.
(c) To go to Earth for fuel.
(d) To eat more cake.
2. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) Head Office.
(d) His mother.
3. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Twenty seven days.
4. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) A large wave.
(b) An island.
(c) A geyser.
(d) An iceberg.
5. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
6. Before the main course at dinner, what did Captain Smith do?
(a) Relay gossip obtained over the monitor.
(b) Decide who was going to be on duty the next day.
(c) Relay current information according to latest news.
(d) Decide the menu for the coming day.
7. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
(a) The news of the rescue by the Universe.
(b) The news that Rosie is dead.
(c) The death of the monster.
(d) The loss of oxygen in the cabin.
8. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(b) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
(c) Mutant sharks.
9. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Van der Berg.
(b) Captain Laplace.
(c) Chris Floyd.
(d) Mr. Chang.
10. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) William Tsung.
(d) Sir Lawrence.
11. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A shark.
(d) A dinosaur.
12. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Yva Merlin.
13. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
(b) That what comes around goes around.
(c) That what goes up must come down.
(d) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
14. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
(b) Vintage wine.
(c) Toilet paper.
(d) Coffee beans.
15. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Dave Bowman.
(d) Yva Merlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the trinity that administrates Europa?
2. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
3. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
4. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
5. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)