|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planet's core does Floyd believe contributed to the making of a diamond Mount Zeus?
2. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Dave Bowman.
(d) Yva Merlin.
3. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Mr. Chang.
(b) Chris Floyd.
(c) Captain Laplace.
(d) Van der Berg.
4. What is the nickname of the shuttle?
(a) William Tsung.
(c) Lawrence Three.
(d) Bill Tee.
5. Why must the Europans die?
(a) It became too hot.
(b) Their world will freeze.
(c) They had not developed true intelligence.
(d) Their atmosphere was changing.
6. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
7. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
(b) Gem dealers.
(c) Video cameras.
8. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
(a) Rolf van der Berg.
(b) Chris Floyd.
(c) George and Jerry.
(d) Oom Paul.
9. What appearance did the black monolith have?
(a) A washer and dryer.
(b) An ordinary tombstone.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A crypt.
10. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(d) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
11. What was a sign of recent occupation on Europa that Van der Berg saw?
(a) Foot prints in the snow.
(b) An abandoned shoe.
(c) A torn page from a book.
(d) A rag doll.
12. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
(a) Filled its fuel tanks with sand.
(b) Extended its landing gear.
(c) Broke a wing in the sand.
(d) Buried its nose in the sand.
13. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
(a) Make a boat.
(b) Move the Universe.
(c) Fly the shuttle.
14. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) Head Office.
15. How fast was the Universe traveling?
(a) Slower than the ship that went to Europa.
(b) Twice as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(c) Not as fast as the voyage to the comet.
(d) Half as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
2. What killed the monster?
3. What does the perturbation theory state?
4. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
5. What was the name of the ghost that appeared to Dr. Floyd on his previous missions?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)