|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
(a) Twenty seven days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three weeks.
2. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will live fifty more years.
(b) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) He will return to the space hospital.
3. Before the main course at dinner, what did Captain Smith do?
(a) Relay current information according to latest news.
(b) Decide the menu for the coming day.
(c) Relay gossip obtained over the monitor.
(d) Decide who was going to be on duty the next day.
4. What was Vivien Leigh's last motion picture?
(a) To Kill A Mockingbird.
(b) Gods and Generals.
(c) The Ship of Fools.
(d) Gone With The Wind.
5. What is sinking on the surface of Europa?
(a) Mount Zeus.
(b) The Universe.
(c) The Galaxy.
(d) The Bill Tee.
6. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
(a) William Tsung.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
7. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
(a) Killing a bear.
(b) Going on a date.
(c) Kissing a woman.
(d) Gettin married.
8. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) A large wave.
(c) A geyser.
(d) An island.
9. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
(a) Vintage wine.
(c) Coffee beans.
(d) Toilet paper.
10. Why did Captain Smith cut the Universe's trip short?
(a) A sickness on board.
(b) They needed to go to Earth.
(c) To go to the Galaxy's rescue.
(d) Haley's comet was too hot.
11. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
(a) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(b) Victor Willis.
(c) William Tsung.
(d) Margaret M'Bala.
12. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
13. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(a) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
14. By what is the value of diamonds controlled?
(a) The demand.
(b) The weight.
(c) The dealers and the producers.
(d) The quality.
15. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
(a) It will make diamonds worthless.
(b) It will be flooded.
(c) It will make space travel less expensive.
(d) It will cause too many people on Europa to kill for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
2. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
3. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
4. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
5. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)