|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Europan letters.
(b) Nickel surfacing.
(c) Microthin layer of diamond.
(d) Gold plating.
2. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
(a) Comet slime.
(b) High octane gasoline.
(c) Muddy slurry.
(d) Sparlking pure water.
3. Who is the trinity that administrates Europa?
(a) Dave Bowman, Hal, and William Tsung.
(b) Chris Floyd, Heywood Floyd and Hal.
(c) Dave Bowman, Hal, and Heywood Floyd.
(d) Hal, Dave Bowman and Chris Floyd.
4. What caused the seas on Europa not to freeze solid?
(a) Europa's core.
(b) Jupitor's gravity.
(c) The moon's orbit.
(d) Lucifer's heat.
5. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
(a) The night stars.
(b) General Counsel.
(c) Freedom to Europans.
(d) Cloud cover.
6. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) An island.
(c) A geyser.
(d) A large wave.
7. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
(a) Collect water samples in flight.
(b) Walk the Great Wall.
(c) Drop a wreath on Tsien.
(d) Climb Mount Zeus.
8. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
(a) Heywood Floyd.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) William Tsung.
9. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
10. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(b) Shiny pennies.
(c) Ice crystals.
(d) Broken glass.
11. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Sleep well.
(c) Consume coffee.
(d) Eat well.
12. About what two subjects does Dr. Floyd prefer not to discuss?
(a) His two wives.
(b) His two sons.
(c) His missions to Jupitor and Lucifer.
(d) His two friends George and Jerry.
13. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Heywood Suicide.
(b) Suicide Floyd.
(c) Matey Floyd.
(d) Captain Floyd.
14. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A naval uniform.
(d) A swimsuit.
15. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
2. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
3. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
4. What appearance did the black monolith have?
5. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)