|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vivien Leigh's last motion picture?
(a) Gods and Generals.
(b) To Kill A Mockingbird.
(c) Gone With The Wind.
(d) The Ship of Fools.
2. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
3. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(b) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
4. What killed the monster?
(a) Alien biochemistries.
(b) It left the water.
(c) Chang shot it.
(d) It got too hot.
5. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
(a) Relax on Sundays.
(b) Eat gourmet foods.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Explore Europa.
6. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) William Tsung.
(c) Victor Willis.
(d) Heywood Floyd.
7. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
8. Of what is Mount Zeus made?
9. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
(a) Small dogs.
(d) Weird lights.
10. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
(a) Filled its fuel tanks with sand.
(b) Extended its landing gear.
(c) Buried its nose in the sand.
(d) Broke a wing in the sand.
11. What did the air smell like on Europa?
(a) Rotten eggs.
(b) Rotten garbage.
(c) Rotten potatos.
(d) Rotten fruit.
12. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
(a) Chris Floyd.
(b) George and Jerry.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Oom Paul.
13. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
(a) Coffee beans.
(c) Toilet paper.
(d) Vintage wine.
14. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Heywood Suicide.
(b) Captain Floyd.
(c) Suicide Floyd.
(d) Matey Floyd.
15. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
(a) It will make space travel less expensive.
(b) It will be flooded.
(c) It will cause too many people on Europa to kill for them.
(d) It will make diamonds worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet's core does Floyd believe contributed to the making of a diamond Mount Zeus?
2. The meal would begin with what if the drive was on?
3. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
4. What was Captain Laplace's main problem as the ship drifted on the Europan sea?
5. What does the perturbation theory state?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)