|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
(a) They were not on a hostile planet.
(b) They were not locked in a spaceship.
(c) They had not been hijacked.
(d) They could breathe the air.
2. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Heywood Suicide.
(b) Suicide Floyd.
(c) Matey Floyd.
(d) Captain Floyd.
3. On Europa what do the Floaters do? Guardians
(a) Taker of the order of the land.
(b) Guardians of the land.
(c) Harvest the sea.
(d) Removes nutrients from the lava streams.
4. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
(a) Sleep well.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Eat well.
(d) Consume coffee.
5. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
(a) Fly the shuttle.
(b) Move the Universe.
(d) Make a boat.
6. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Twenty seven days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Twenty days.
7. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
(a) Small dogs.
(d) Weird lights.
8. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
(b) Gem dealers.
(d) Video cameras.
9. What appearance did the black monolith have?
(a) A crypt.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) An ordinary tombstone.
(d) A washer and dryer.
10. What is the nickname of the shuttle?
(a) Lawrence Three.
(b) Bill Tee.
(c) William Tsung.
11. Of what is Mount Zeus made?
12. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A shark.
13. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) A geyser.
(b) A large wave.
(c) An iceberg.
(d) An island.
14. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
(a) Back to the sea.
(b) The Galaxy.
(c) Up the Mount.
(d) The Universe.
15. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
2. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
3. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
4. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
5. What happened when the doctor put out the body through the refuse door?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)