|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planet's core does Floyd believe contributed to the making of a diamond Mount Zeus?
2. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
(b) Victor Willis.
(c) Maggie M'Bala.
(d) Yva Merlin.
3. What caused the seas on Europa not to freeze solid?
(a) Europa's core.
(b) Jupitor's gravity.
(c) The moon's orbit.
(d) Lucifer's heat.
4. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Twenty seven days.
5. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
(a) The crew's morale.
(b) The crew's need for exercise.
(c) The crew's milieu.
(d) The crew's appetite.
6. What is considered a poison in an atmosphere like Europa?
(a) Iron pyrite.
7. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Yva Merlin.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) Dave Bowman.
8. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Margaret M'Bala.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) William Tsung.
9. Why must the Europans die?
(a) Their atmosphere was changing.
(b) They had not developed true intelligence.
(c) It became too hot.
(d) Their world will freeze.
10. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
11. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
(a) Freedom to Europans.
(b) The night stars.
(c) General Counsel.
(d) Cloud cover.
12. How fast was the Universe traveling?
(a) Not as fast as the voyage to the comet.
(b) Slower than the ship that went to Europa.
(c) Twice as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(d) Half as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
13. What did the air smell like on Europa?
(a) Rotten eggs.
(b) Rotten potatos.
(c) Rotten garbage.
(d) Rotten fruit.
14. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Ten hours.
15. What was the name of the ghost that appeared to Dr. Floyd on his previous missions?
(a) Harol Darter.
(b) Gerald McRainy.
(c) David Bowman.
(d) Dot Henderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed the monster?
2. How did Europa start out?
3. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
4. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
5. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)