|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
(a) Going on a date.
(b) Kissing a woman.
(c) Killing a bear.
(d) Gettin married.
2. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
(b) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(c) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
(d) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
3. The Universe took a shortcut around where?
(d) The Sun.
4. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
(a) Eat well.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Consume coffee.
(d) Sleep well.
5. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Dave Bowman.
(c) Yva Merlin.
6. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
(c) Small dogs.
(d) Weird lights.
7. What time was dinner on the Universe?
8. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) Head Office.
(d) His father.
9. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
(a) Eat gourmet foods.
(b) Explore Europa.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Relax on Sundays.
10. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) A seagull.
(b) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
(c) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
(d) A dead cow floating in the sea.
11. What was a sign of recent occupation on Europa that Van der Berg saw?
(a) Foot prints in the snow.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A torn page from a book.
(d) An abandoned shoe.
12. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
(a) How to make diamonds.
(b) Diamonds in the Sky and in the ground.
(c) How diamonds are made.
(d) The ice layers of Uranus and Venus--Diamonds in the Sky.
13. How fast was the Universe traveling?
(a) Not as fast as the voyage to the comet.
(b) Slower than the ship that went to Europa.
(c) Half as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(d) Twice as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
14. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
(b) That what comes around goes around.
(c) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
(d) That what goes up must come down.
15. To what did the interviewer liken the ship's voyage?
(a) The inability to arrive in a safe manner.
(b) An unexplainable risk.
(c) A possible Titanic.
(d) A need for more lifeboats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sinking on the surface of Europa?
2. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
3. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
4. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
5. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)