|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Floyd do while at the Great Wall?
(a) Take a video of the creatures there.
(b) Land the shuttle.
(c) Take still photos of the weather.
(d) Tour the inside of an igloo.
2. What was Captain Laplace's main problem as the ship drifted on the Europan sea?
(a) Keeping the hull airtight.
(b) Keeping the ship clean.
(c) Making good coffee.
(d) Keeping the crew busy.
3. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
(a) Sparlking pure water.
(b) Comet slime.
(c) High octane gasoline.
(d) Muddy slurry.
4. The Universe took a shortcut around where?
(a) The Sun.
5. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) Heywood Floyd.
(d) William Tsung.
6. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Heywood Suicide.
(b) Matey Floyd.
(c) Captain Floyd.
(d) Suicide Floyd.
7. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(c) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
8. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) Ice crystals.
(d) Shiny pennies.
9. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
(a) To go home.
(b) To go to Mount Zeus.
(c) To go exploring the sea caves.
(d) To go out to sea.
10. What was a sign of recent occupation on Europa that Van der Berg saw?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A torn page from a book.
(c) An abandoned shoe.
(d) Foot prints in the snow.
11. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) A geyser.
(b) An island.
(c) A large wave.
(d) An iceberg.
12. What did the air smell like on Europa?
(a) Rotten garbage.
(b) Rotten fruit.
(c) Rotten eggs.
(d) Rotten potatos.
13. About what two subjects does Dr. Floyd prefer not to discuss?
(a) His two friends George and Jerry.
(b) His two sons.
(c) His two wives.
(d) His missions to Jupitor and Lucifer.
14. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
(a) The crew's need for exercise.
(b) The crew's appetite.
(c) The crew's milieu.
(d) The crew's morale.
15. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
(a) Gettin married.
(b) Killing a bear.
(c) Going on a date.
(d) Kissing a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
2. What planet's core does Floyd believe contributed to the making of a diamond Mount Zeus?
3. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
4. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
5. What did van der Berg's message to Earth mean?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)