|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
(a) Margaret M'Bala.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) William Tsung.
(d) Victor Willis.
2. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A shark.
(d) A mammoth.
3. Before the main course at dinner, what did Captain Smith do?
(a) Decide who was going to be on duty the next day.
(b) Relay current information according to latest news.
(c) Relay gossip obtained over the monitor.
(d) Decide the menu for the coming day.
4. What is the nickname of the shuttle?
(a) William Tsung.
(c) Bill Tee.
(d) Lawrence Three.
5. Why was Van der Berg so apprehensive about Chris Floyd?
(a) Because he claims to have seen a ghost.
(b) Because he talks to himself.
(c) Because he hates closed-up spaces.
(d) Because he claims to have seen and talked to his grandfather.
6. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
7. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) A large wave.
(b) A geyser.
(c) An iceberg.
(d) An island.
8. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
(a) To refuel on Mars.
(b) To eat more cake.
(c) To get more fuel from Old Faithful.
(d) To go to Earth for fuel.
9. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(b) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
(c) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
(d) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
10. What was Captain Laplace's main problem as the ship drifted on the Europan sea?
(a) Keeping the ship clean.
(b) Keeping the hull airtight.
(c) Keeping the crew busy.
(d) Making good coffee.
11. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(b) Yva Merlin.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) Dave Bowman.
12. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
(b) That what comes around goes around.
(c) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
(d) That what goes up must come down.
13. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will return to the space hospital.
(b) He will live fifty more years.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
14. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Twenty seven days.
(d) Two hours.
15. At the beginning of the rescue mission, the Universe could be seen by whom?
(a) Human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
2. What is considered a poison in an atmosphere like Europa?
3. To what did the interviewer liken the ship's voyage?
4. On Europa what do the Floaters do? Guardians
5. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)