|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Nickel surfacing.
(b) Microthin layer of diamond.
(c) Gold plating.
(d) Europan letters.
2. The Universe took a shortcut around where?
(d) The Sun.
3. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will live fifty more years.
(b) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) He will return to the space hospital.
4. Of what is Mount Zeus made?
5. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Head Office.
6. What did the air smell like on Europa?
(a) Rotten potatos.
(b) Rotten fruit.
(c) Rotten eggs.
(d) Rotten garbage.
7. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Four days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Four hours.
8. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Yva Merlin.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) Dave Bowman.
9. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Victor Willis.
(d) William Tsung.
10. How did Europa start out?
(a) A flat piece of ice.
(b) A hilly cavern.
(c) Rocky refuse.
(d) Clay debris.
11. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
12. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
(a) Maggie M'Bala.
(b) Victor Willis.
(c) Yva Merlin.
13. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(b) Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Mr. Chang.
14. How large was the Universe's video library?
(a) Enough for a day or two.
(b) Enough for a couple of months.
(c) Enough for a date night.
(d) Enough for several lifetimes of viewing.
15. What is the nickname of the shuttle?
(a) Lawrence Three.
(b) Bill Tee.
(c) William Tsung.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
2. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
3. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
4. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
5. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)