|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a sign of recent occupation on Europa that Van der Berg saw?
(a) Foot prints in the snow.
(b) An abandoned shoe.
(c) A torn page from a book.
(d) A rag doll.
2. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
(a) Broke a wing in the sand.
(b) Extended its landing gear.
(c) Filled its fuel tanks with sand.
(d) Buried its nose in the sand.
3. What caused the seas on Europa not to freeze solid?
(a) Jupitor's gravity.
(b) Lucifer's heat.
(c) Europa's core.
(d) The moon's orbit.
4. To what did the interviewer liken the ship's voyage?
(a) A possible Titanic.
(b) A need for more lifeboats.
(c) An unexplainable risk.
(d) The inability to arrive in a safe manner.
5. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) Head Office.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(a) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
(b) Mutant sharks.
7. What did van der Berg's message to Earth mean?
(a) He was the first human to be there.
(b) The diamonds are here.
(c) A alien named Lucy is present.
(d) They arrived safely at the mount.
8. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
(a) Sparlking pure water.
(b) High octane gasoline.
(c) Comet slime.
(d) Muddy slurry.
9. When interviewed, Captain Smith was questioned about what?
(a) Hitting space debris while traveling so fast.
(b) About how the rescue will occurr.
(c) About weightlessness.
(d) About space toilets.
10. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
(a) Back to the sea.
(b) Up the Mount.
(c) The Universe.
(d) The Galaxy.
11. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
12. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
13. Who is the only living man to have witnessed the birth of a new sun and solar system?
(a) Captain Smith.
(b) Victor Willis.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) Captain Laplace.
14. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will live fifty more years.
(b) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) He will return to the space hospital.
15. Who is the trinity that administrates Europa?
(a) Dave Bowman, Hal, and Heywood Floyd.
(b) Chris Floyd, Heywood Floyd and Hal.
(c) Hal, Dave Bowman and Chris Floyd.
(d) Dave Bowman, Hal, and William Tsung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
2. Why was Van der Berg so apprehensive about Chris Floyd?
3. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
4. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
5. What was Captain Laplace's main problem as the ship drifted on the Europan sea?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)