|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Yva Merlin.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(d) Dave Bowman.
2. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
(a) Kissing a woman.
(b) Going on a date.
(c) Killing a bear.
(d) Gettin married.
3. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
(b) That what goes up must come down.
(c) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
(d) That what comes around goes around.
4. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Rolf van der Berg.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Mr. Chang.
(d) Maggie M'Bala.
5. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
6. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
(b) Video cameras.
(c) Gem dealers.
7. How did Europa start out?
(a) A flat piece of ice.
(b) Rocky refuse.
(c) Clay debris.
(d) A hilly cavern.
8. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(a) Ice crystals.
(b) Shiny pennies.
(d) Broken glass.
9. How fast was the Universe traveling?
(a) Slower than the ship that went to Europa.
(b) Twice as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(c) Not as fast as the voyage to the comet.
(d) Half as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
10. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will return to the space hospital.
(b) He will live fifty more years.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
11. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
(a) It was radioactive.
(b) He did not want him to touch it first.
(c) It looked like glass.
(d) He was not wearing gloves.
12. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
(a) The Europans.
(b) Space Administrator Millson.
(c) The crew of the ship Galaxy.
(d) The crew of the ship Universe.
13. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
(a) Fly the shuttle.
(b) Make a boat.
(d) Move the Universe.
14. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
(a) Explore Europa.
(b) Sleep late.
(c) Eat gourmet foods.
(d) Relax on Sundays.
15. The meal would begin with what if the drive was on?
(b) Hors d'oeuves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
2. What could be exposed on Europa but not anywhere else in the Solar System?
3. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
4. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
5. Before the main course at dinner, what did Captain Smith do?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)