|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
(a) Haley's Patent Purgative.
(b) Haley's Restoring Hydrocarbons.
(c) Haley's Pure Water.
(d) Haley's Wonder Laxative.
2. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Suicide Floyd.
(b) Heywood Suicide.
(c) Matey Floyd.
(d) Captain Floyd.
3. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
4. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Europan letters.
(b) Gold plating.
(c) Microthin layer of diamond.
(d) Nickel surfacing.
5. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will live fifty more years.
(b) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(c) He will return to the space hospital.
(d) He will teach on Earth.
6. At the beginning of the rescue mission, the Universe could be seen by whom?
(b) Human beings.
7. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
(a) The Universe.
(b) The Galaxy.
(c) Up the Mount.
(d) Back to the sea.
8. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
(a) The news of the rescue by the Universe.
(b) The news that Rosie is dead.
(c) The death of the monster.
(d) The loss of oxygen in the cabin.
9. Who is the only living man to have witnessed the birth of a new sun and solar system?
(a) Captain Smith.
(b) Captain Laplace.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) Victor Willis.
10. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
(a) To go exploring the sea caves.
(b) To go home.
(c) To go to Mount Zeus.
(d) To go out to sea.
11. What appearance did the black monolith have?
(a) An ordinary tombstone.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A crypt.
(d) A washer and dryer.
12. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Margaret M'Bala.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) William Tsung.
13. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
(a) Walk the Great Wall.
(b) Drop a wreath on Tsien.
(c) Climb Mount Zeus.
(d) Collect water samples in flight.
14. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
(a) Muddy slurry.
(b) High octane gasoline.
(c) Sparlking pure water.
(d) Comet slime.
15. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
(a) The ice layers of Uranus and Venus--Diamonds in the Sky.
(b) How diamonds are made.
(c) Diamonds in the Sky and in the ground.
(d) How to make diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Europa start out?
2. What did Floyd do while at the Great Wall?
3. Though van der Berg could see no one, who did Chris Floyd see there?
4. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
5. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)