Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
(a) The crew's appetite.
(b) The crew's need for exercise.
(c) The crew's morale.
(d) The crew's milieu.
2. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Maggie M'Bala.
(b) Rolf van der Berg.
(c) Mr. Chang.
(d) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
3. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Mr. Chang.
(b) Captain Laplace.
(c) Van der Berg.
(d) Chris Floyd.
4. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
(a) To go home.
(b) To go exploring the sea caves.
(c) To go to Mount Zeus.
(d) To go out to sea.
5. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(a) Mutant sharks.
(b) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
6. Before the main course at dinner, what did Captain Smith do?
(a) Relay gossip obtained over the monitor.
(b) Decide who was going to be on duty the next day.
(c) Relay current information according to latest news.
(d) Decide the menu for the coming day.
7. Why could Van der Berg not work at an Earth-based university after the rescue?
(a) He would be working on Ganymede.
(b) He would be going to jail for his role in landing on Europa.
(c) He was planning a return to Europa.
(d) His body was accustomed to Ganymede's gravity.
8. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
9. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Microthin layer of diamond.
(b) Nickel surfacing.
(c) Europan letters.
(d) Gold plating.
10. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
11. Drifting at sea, the Galaxy runs into what?
(a) An island.
(b) An iceberg.
(c) A geyser.
(d) A large wave.
12. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
(a) How to make diamonds.
(b) How diamonds are made.
(c) Diamonds in the Sky and in the ground.
(d) The ice layers of Uranus and Venus--Diamonds in the Sky.
13. How did Europa start out?
(a) Clay debris.
(b) A flat piece of ice.
(c) Rocky refuse.
(d) A hilly cavern.
14. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) William Tsung.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) Heywood Floyd.
15. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
(b) Weird lights.
(c) Small dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
2. What time was dinner on the Universe?
3. What planet's core does Floyd believe contributed to the making of a diamond Mount Zeus?
4. What happened when the doctor put out the body through the refuse door?
5. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)