|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did van der Berg's message to Earth mean?
(a) They arrived safely at the mount.
(b) A alien named Lucy is present.
(c) The diamonds are here.
(d) He was the first human to be there.
2. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
(b) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
(c) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(d) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
3. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(b) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
4. Who did Dr. Floyd ask to research Shaka?
(a) Chris Floyd.
(b) Rolf van der Berg.
(c) George and Jerry.
(d) Oom Paul.
5. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
6. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will return to the space hospital.
(b) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(c) He will teach on Earth.
(d) He will live fifty more years.
7. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
(a) The crew's appetite.
(b) The crew's need for exercise.
(c) The crew's morale.
(d) The crew's milieu.
8. With whom did Chris Floyd get into contact while awaiting rescue?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Victor Willis.
(c) William Tsung.
(d) Heywood Floyd.
9. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
(a) Muddy slurry.
(b) Comet slime.
(c) High octane gasoline.
(d) Sparlking pure water.
10. What is sinking on the surface of Europa?
(a) The Galaxy.
(b) The Bill Tee.
(c) Mount Zeus.
(d) The Universe.
11. How does Chang removed the shuttle from the Universe?
(a) Rolled it out of the ship.
(b) Flew it out of the ship.
(c) Picked it up out of the ship with a crane.
(d) Pushed it out of the cargo hold.
12. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
(a) Move the Universe.
(b) Fly the shuttle.
(d) Make a boat.
13. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
(a) Walk the Great Wall.
(b) Collect water samples in flight.
(c) Climb Mount Zeus.
(d) Drop a wreath on Tsien.
14. How did Europa start out?
(a) A flat piece of ice.
(b) Rocky refuse.
(c) Clay debris.
(d) A hilly cavern.
15. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) A dead cow floating in the sea.
(b) A seagull.
(c) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
(d) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
2. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
3. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
4. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
5. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)