|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
(a) Toilet paper.
(b) Coffee beans.
(d) Vintage wine.
2. What was a sign of recent occupation on Europa that Van der Berg saw?
(a) A torn page from a book.
(b) An abandoned shoe.
(c) A rag doll.
(d) Foot prints in the snow.
3. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
(b) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
(c) That what goes up must come down.
(d) That what comes around goes around.
4. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
(a) Extended its landing gear.
(b) Filled its fuel tanks with sand.
(c) Broke a wing in the sand.
(d) Buried its nose in the sand.
5. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
(a) To go out to sea.
(b) To go home.
(c) To go to Mount Zeus.
(d) To go exploring the sea caves.
6. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) A naval uniform.
(d) A dressing gown.
7. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
8. What was Vivien Leigh's last motion picture?
(a) Gods and Generals.
(b) Gone With The Wind.
(c) The Ship of Fools.
(d) To Kill A Mockingbird.
9. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Heywood Suicide.
(b) Captain Floyd.
(c) Suicide Floyd.
(d) Matey Floyd.
10. Why did Captain Smith cut the Universe's trip short?
(a) They needed to go to Earth.
(b) A sickness on board.
(c) Haley's comet was too hot.
(d) To go to the Galaxy's rescue.
11. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
(a) To get more fuel from Old Faithful.
(b) To refuel on Mars.
(c) To eat more cake.
(d) To go to Earth for fuel.
12. Why must the Europans die?
(a) Their world will freeze.
(b) Their atmosphere was changing.
(c) It became too hot.
(d) They had not developed true intelligence.
13. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
(a) They were not on a hostile planet.
(b) They had not been hijacked.
(c) They could breathe the air.
(d) They were not locked in a spaceship.
14. Why was Van der Berg so apprehensive about Chris Floyd?
(a) Because he talks to himself.
(b) Because he claims to have seen a ghost.
(c) Because he claims to have seen and talked to his grandfather.
(d) Because he hates closed-up spaces.
15. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(c) Mutant sharks.
(d) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
2. On Europa what do the Floaters do? Guardians
3. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
4. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
5. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)