|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did the interviewer liken the ship's voyage?
(a) The inability to arrive in a safe manner.
(b) An unexplainable risk.
(c) A need for more lifeboats.
(d) A possible Titanic.
2. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Yva Merlin.
(b) Dave Bowman.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
3. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
(a) It will make diamonds worthless.
(b) It will make space travel less expensive.
(c) It will cause too many people on Europa to kill for them.
(d) It will be flooded.
4. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
(a) The Tsung.
(b) The Leonov.
(c) The Galaxy.
(d) Bill Tee.
5. Why must the Europans die?
(a) Their world will freeze.
(b) It became too hot.
(c) They had not developed true intelligence.
(d) Their atmosphere was changing.
6. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
(b) Plants, bizarre slugs and worms.
(d) Mutant sharks.
7. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
8. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
(b) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(c) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
(d) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
9. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
(a) Europan letters.
(b) Microthin layer of diamond.
(c) Gold plating.
(d) Nickel surfacing.
10. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A mammoth.
(d) A shark.
11. What did Floyd, Van der Berg, and Chang request of Captain Laplace?
(a) To go exploring the sea caves.
(b) To go to Mount Zeus.
(c) To go out to sea.
(d) To go home.
12. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Three days.
13. By what is the value of diamonds controlled?
(a) The demand.
(b) The quality.
(c) The dealers and the producers.
(d) The weight.
14. What was the name of the ghost that appeared to Dr. Floyd on his previous missions?
(a) Dot Henderson.
(b) David Bowman.
(c) Harol Darter.
(d) Gerald McRainy.
15. Why could Van der Berg not work at an Earth-based university after the rescue?
(a) His body was accustomed to Ganymede's gravity.
(b) He was planning a return to Europa.
(c) He would be working on Ganymede.
(d) He would be going to jail for his role in landing on Europa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
2. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
3. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
4. What time was dinner on the Universe?
5. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)