|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(a) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
2. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A dead cow floating in the sea.
(d) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
3. When interviewed, Captain Smith was questioned about what?
(a) About space toilets.
(b) About weightlessness.
(c) Hitting space debris while traveling so fast.
(d) About how the rescue will occurr.
4. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
(a) Gettin married.
(b) Kissing a woman.
(c) Going on a date.
(d) Killing a bear.
5. What caused the seas on Europa not to freeze solid?
(a) The moon's orbit.
(b) Jupitor's gravity.
(c) Europa's core.
(d) Lucifer's heat.
6. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
(a) The loss of oxygen in the cabin.
(b) The death of the monster.
(c) The news that Rosie is dead.
(d) The news of the rescue by the Universe.
7. What was a sign of recent occupation on Europa that Van der Berg saw?
(a) An abandoned shoe.
(b) A rag doll.
(c) A torn page from a book.
(d) Foot prints in the snow.
8. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(a) Broken glass.
(c) Shiny pennies.
(d) Ice crystals.
9. About what two subjects does Dr. Floyd prefer not to discuss?
(a) His missions to Jupitor and Lucifer.
(b) His two friends George and Jerry.
(c) His two sons.
(d) His two wives.
10. What was Vivien Leigh's last motion picture?
(a) The Ship of Fools.
(b) Gods and Generals.
(c) Gone With The Wind.
(d) To Kill A Mockingbird.
11. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(b) Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Mr. Chang.
12. What could be exposed on Europa but not anywhere else in the Solar System?
(b) Civilian clothes.
(d) Bare skin.
13. What did Floyd do while at the Great Wall?
(a) Take a video of the creatures there.
(b) Tour the inside of an igloo.
(c) Take still photos of the weather.
(d) Land the shuttle.
14. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
(a) To get more fuel from Old Faithful.
(b) To refuel on Mars.
(c) To eat more cake.
(d) To go to Earth for fuel.
15. Of what is Mount Zeus made?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chang removed the shuttle from the Universe?
2. When Lucifer fades, what returns?
3. What happened when the doctor put out the body through the refuse door?
4. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
5. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)