|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A dead cow floating in the sea.
(d) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
2. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
(a) How diamonds are made.
(b) Diamonds in the Sky and in the ground.
(c) The ice layers of Uranus and Venus--Diamonds in the Sky.
(d) How to make diamonds.
3. How long did Floyd and Van der Berg expect to be stranded on the Bill Tee?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Four days.
4. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(a) Shiny pennies.
(b) Ice crystals.
(d) Broken glass.
5. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
6. The meal would begin with what if the drive was on?
(c) Hors d'oeuves.
7. What did van der Berg's message to Earth mean?
(a) They arrived safely at the mount.
(b) He was the first human to be there.
(c) A alien named Lucy is present.
(d) The diamonds are here.
8. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
(a) It was radioactive.
(b) He was not wearing gloves.
(c) He did not want him to touch it first.
(d) It looked like glass.
9. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
(a) Margaret M'Bala.
(b) William Tsung.
(c) Victor Willis.
(d) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
10. The crusts of neuron stars may be made of what?
11. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Head Office.
(d) His mother.
12. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
(a) Haley's Pure Water.
(b) Haley's Restoring Hydrocarbons.
(c) Haley's Patent Purgative.
(d) Haley's Wonder Laxative.
13. What did refueling on Haley do for the Universe's flight plan?
(a) Go to Earth to get more fuel.
(b) Go to Lucifer and wait for a window to enter Europa.
(c) Go straight to Europa at maximum acceleration.
(d) Go Ganymeade and wait for orbit.
14. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
(a) It will cause too many people on Europa to kill for them.
(b) It will make space travel less expensive.
(c) It will make diamonds worthless.
(d) It will be flooded.
15. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
(a) Drop a wreath on Tsien.
(b) Climb Mount Zeus.
(c) Walk the Great Wall.
(d) Collect water samples in flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only living man to have witnessed the birth of a new sun and solar system?
2. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
3. What does the perturbation theory state?
4. What was the name of the ghost that appeared to Dr. Floyd on his previous missions?
5. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)