|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the ghost that appeared to Dr. Floyd on his previous missions?
(a) Gerald McRainy.
(b) Dot Henderson.
(c) Harol Darter.
(d) David Bowman.
2. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will return to the space hospital.
(b) He will teach on Earth.
(c) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(d) He will live fifty more years.
3. What could be exposed on Europa but not anywhere else in the Solar System?
(a) Civilian clothes.
(c) Bare skin.
4. Who is the only living man to have witnessed the birth of a new sun and solar system?
(a) Captain Laplace.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Victor Willis.
5. What appearance did the black monolith have?
(a) A crypt.
(b) A washer and dryer.
(c) An ordinary tombstone.
(d) A refrigerator.
6. By what is the value of diamonds controlled?
(a) The demand.
(b) The dealers and the producers.
(c) The quality.
(d) The weight.
7. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Maggie M'Bala.
(b) Rolf van der Berg.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) Mr. Chang.
8. What did the ground look like on Mount Zeus?
(b) Broken glass.
(c) Shiny pennies.
(d) Ice crystals.
9. What planet's core does Floyd believe contributed to the making of a diamond Mount Zeus?
10. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
(a) Climb Mount Zeus.
(b) Walk the Great Wall.
(c) Collect water samples in flight.
(d) Drop a wreath on Tsien.
11. With whom did Chris Floyd get into contact while awaiting rescue?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) Heywood Floyd.
(d) William Tsung.
12. The Galaxy's crew was so busy rearranging things, about what did Captain Laplace not have to worry?
(a) The crew's need for exercise.
(b) The crew's appetite.
(c) The crew's milieu.
(d) The crew's morale.
13. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
(a) Space Administrator Millson.
(b) The crew of the ship Universe.
(c) The crew of the ship Galaxy.
(d) The Europans.
14. Why was Van der Berg so apprehensive about Chris Floyd?
(a) Because he talks to himself.
(b) Because he claims to have seen a ghost.
(c) Because he claims to have seen and talked to his grandfather.
(d) Because he hates closed-up spaces.
15. On Europa what do the Floaters do? Guardians
(a) Guardians of the land.
(b) Removes nutrients from the lava streams.
(c) Harvest the sea.
(d) Taker of the order of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
2. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
3. How large was the Universe's video library?
4. The meal would begin with what if the drive was on?
5. What covers the historical monuments in the year 3001?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)