|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Chris Floyd get into contact while awaiting rescue?
(a) Victor Willis.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) William Tsung.
(d) Sir Lawrence.
2. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) A shark.
3. How did Mr.Chang propose they get to their destination?
(b) Fly the shuttle.
(c) Move the Universe.
(d) Make a boat.
4. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
(c) Weird lights.
(d) Small dogs.
5. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) A naval uniform.
(d) A tuxedo.
6. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
(a) Haley's Restoring Hydrocarbons.
(b) Haley's Pure Water.
(c) Haley's Wonder Laxative.
(d) Haley's Patent Purgative.
7. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(b) Dave Bowman.
(c) Yva Merlin.
(d) Sir Lawrence.
8. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will teach on Earth.
(b) He will live fifty more years.
(c) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(d) He will return to the space hospital.
9. What does the perturbation theory state?
(a) That Mount Zeus will rise again.
(b) That what goes up must come down.
(c) That what comes around goes around.
(d) That parts of Jupitor will return periodically to the point of origin.
10. Who interviewed Van der Berg about the Mount Zeus?
(a) Heywood Floyd.
(b) Victor Willis.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) William Tsung.
11. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
(a) The crew of the ship Galaxy.
(b) The Europans.
(c) The crew of the ship Universe.
(d) Space Administrator Millson.
12. Who was enjoying herself /himself on Ganymede?
(a) Yva Merlin.
(b) Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Victor Willis.
13. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) A week.
14. What time was dinner on the Universe?
15. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
(a) They were not on a hostile planet.
(b) They could breathe the air.
(c) They had not been hijacked.
(d) They were not locked in a spaceship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vivien Leigh's last motion picture?
2. Because of the unexpected landing, the Bill Tee would not be able to go where?
3. What does Dave Bowman consider greater than love?
4. Why was Van der Berg so apprehensive about Chris Floyd?
5. Why did van der Berg stop Floyd from picking up the Europan dirt?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)