|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When interviewed, Captain Smith was questioned about what?
(a) About weightlessness.
(b) About space toilets.
(c) About how the rescue will occurr.
(d) Hitting space debris while traveling so fast.
2. What appearance did the black monolith have?
(a) An ordinary tombstone.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A washer and dryer.
(d) A crypt.
3. Who was the navigational officer on the Universe?
(d) Second Officer Roy Jolson.
4. Willis was upset because the diamonds were gone forever, but about what did he not know?
5. What happened when the doctor put out the body through the refuse door?
(a) It sank.
(b) It floated.
(c) It vaporized.
(d) A water monster snatched it up.
6. Why did Captain Smith cut the Universe's trip short?
(a) A sickness on board.
(b) They needed to go to Earth.
(c) Haley's comet was too hot.
(d) To go to the Galaxy's rescue.
7. When they landed on Europa who did Dr Heywood attempt to contact?
(a) Dave Bowman.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) Yva Merlin.
8. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A naval uniform.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A tuxedo.
9. What did Chang want to do on the mission?
(a) Collect water samples in flight.
(b) Drop a wreath on Tsien.
(c) Climb Mount Zeus.
(d) Walk the Great Wall.
10. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) A week.
(d) Three days.
11. What was Captain Laplace's main problem as the ship drifted on the Europan sea?
(a) Keeping the crew busy.
(b) Keeping the ship clean.
(c) Making good coffee.
(d) Keeping the hull airtight.
12. Who flew the shuttle on the Mount Zeus mission?
(a) Mr. Chang.
(b) Van der Berg.
(c) Captain Laplace.
(d) Chris Floyd.
13. What time was dinner on the Universe?
14. What process could remove the colloidal carbons and other compounds from the fuel?
15. What did Mr.Jolson propose?
(a) To refuel on Mars.
(b) To eat more cake.
(c) To go to Earth for fuel.
(d) To get more fuel from Old Faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed the monster?
2. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
3. What did Captain Smith use up his baggage allowance to bring on board?
4. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
5. What was the title of Ross' paper in 1981?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)