|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time was dinner on the Universe?
2. In Dr. Floyd's dream against whom was he defending himself?
(a) The crew of the ship Universe.
(b) The Europans.
(c) Space Administrator Millson.
(d) The crew of the ship Galaxy.
3. The Universe will rescue what ship first?.
(a) Bill Tee.
(b) The Tsung.
(c) The Leonov.
(d) The Galaxy.
4. What was Vivien Leigh's last motion picture?
(a) The Ship of Fools.
(b) To Kill A Mockingbird.
(c) Gods and Generals.
(d) Gone With The Wind.
5. What will happen to Heywood Floyd?
(a) He will return to the space hospital.
(b) He will live fifty more years.
(c) His body will die, but he has become immortal.
(d) He will teach on Earth.
6. What was Floyd's grandfather wearing in his illusion?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) A naval uniform.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A dressing gown.
7. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
(a) They had not been hijacked.
(b) They could breathe the air.
(c) They were not on a hostile planet.
(d) They were not locked in a spaceship.
8. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Eat well.
(c) Sleep well.
(d) Consume coffee.
9. Why did Captain Smith cut the Universe's trip short?
(a) A sickness on board.
(b) To go to the Galaxy's rescue.
(c) Haley's comet was too hot.
(d) They needed to go to Earth.
10. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
(a) Suicide Floyd.
(b) Matey Floyd.
(c) Heywood Suicide.
(d) Captain Floyd.
11. How many days did it take for the cabin to begin to smell bad on the shuttle?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
12. What caused the morale of the Galaxy to become euphoric?
(a) The loss of oxygen in the cabin.
(b) The news of the rescue by the Universe.
(c) The news that Rosie is dead.
(d) The death of the monster.
13. How did the Galaxy secure itself to the beach?
(a) Filled its fuel tanks with sand.
(b) Extended its landing gear.
(c) Buried its nose in the sand.
(d) Broke a wing in the sand.
14. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A shark.
(c) A mammoth.
(d) A dinosaur.
15. What appearance did the black monolith have?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) An ordinary tombstone.
(c) A washer and dryer.
(d) A crypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the air smell like on Europa?
2. Close to the vents in Europa's tropical zone was home to what?
3. Head Office stated to Captain Laplace, who could not go on the Mount Zeus mission?
4. How long did the Galaxy have to wait to be rescued?
5. What is considered a poison in an atmosphere like Europa?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)