|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Dr. Floyd's oldest and closest friends?
(a) Carl and Jerry.
(b) John and Terry.
(c) George and Jerry.
(d) George and Floyd.
2. What was William Tsung's title?
(a) The most expensive baby in the world.
(b) The oldest baby in the world.
(c) The only baby in the world.
(d) The cheapest baby in the world.
3. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
(a) Katerina Rudenko.
(b) Oleg Glazunov.
(c) Lawrence Tsung.
(d) Heywood Floyd.
4. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
(a) There would be a dance later that night.
(b) There would be a magic show at dinner.
(c) There would be a special breakfast served in his honor.
(d) There was a swimming pool onboard the spaceship.
5. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
(a) 70 years old.
(b) 60 years old.
(c) 105 years old.
(d) 65 years old.
6. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
(a) The Europa jungle.
(b) Mount Zeus.
(c) The central ocean.
(d) The middle.
7. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
(a) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Lucifer.
(b) To survey the land on Europa.
(c) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Ganymede.
(d) To catalog the life on Europa.
8. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(b) A human-like shoe print.
(c) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(d) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
9. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
(a) Captain Eric Laplace.
(b) Captain Lucifer.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Captain Jovian.
10. What was the Lady Jasmine?
(a) A space sled.
(b) A space boat.
(c) An exploration space pod.
(d) A space trike.
11. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
(d) Dr Rogers.
12. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
(b) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
(c) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(d) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
13. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Ten hours.
14. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(a) Jet fuel.
(c) Rat droppings.
(d) Unstable elements.
15. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
(a) Neptune and Jupitor.
(b) Ganymede and Europa.
(c) Saturn and Europa.
(d) Venus and Pluto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
2. What changed Mr.Chang's mind about attempting to send the ship back out to space?
3. Rosie made great what?
4. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
5. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)