|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Chant left the cavern, why was he asked to return to ship?
(a) Running out of oxygen.
(b) A small nick in his spacesuit.
(c) A time constraint.
(d) An emergency.
2. Other than Mars, what was the only other world that Rolph van der Berg thought could be inhabitable?
3. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
(a) Going out of the spaceship to explore the comets surface.
(b) Going back to the space hospital ahead of schedule.
(c) Going to dinner after a long day.
(d) Going to Jupitor after the comet tour.
4. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
(a) Oleg Glazunov.
(b) Lawrence Tsung.
(c) Heywood Floyd.
(d) Katerina Rudenko.
5. With what did Rolf van der Berg believe Mount Zeus was covered?
6. In 2060, who was the first Planetary President?
(a) Edward VI.
(b) Edward VIII.
(c) Frederico III.
(d) Charles X.
7. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
(b) A human-like shoe print.
(c) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(d) Ice and snow in the cavern.
8. What is Lucifer? nebulae
(a) A space hospital.
(b) A rival to the sun.
(c) A new planet.
(d) A nebulae.
9. How did Rosie McMullen hijack the ship?
(a) Shot Second Officer Chang in the leg.
(b) Held Second Officer Chang at gunpoint..
(c) Held Second Officer Chang hostage.
(d) Locked Second Officer Chang in a closet.
10. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost one hour.
(b) Almost five seconds.
(c) Almost two seconds.
(d) Almost ten seconds.
11. ASTROPOL and the USSA would not admit that what did not exist?
12. If night and day are local customs, what is universal?
13. What country was the first to make maps of Europa?
(b) United States.
14. What did Second Officer Chang explain to Steward Third Class Rosie McCullen?
(a) How the penetrometer.
(b) What time to make the coffee.
(c) How the ship runs.
(d) How to clean the stateroom.
15. What did the article refer to in its title?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The Beatle's song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."
(c) The Beatle's song "Yellow Submarine."
(d) The Carr's song "In Space."
Short Answer Questions
1. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
2. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
3. Mr. Chang attempted to land on what at first?
4. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
5. How did Van der Berg send his request for help to his uncle?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)