|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Eight hours.
2. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Dr. William Tsung.
(d) Sir Lawrence.
3. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
(a) Europa's forest floor.
(b) Europa's jungle.
(c) Europa's central sea.
(d) Europa's canyon.
5. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
(b) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
(c) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(d) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
6. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
7. In space travel, what fueled the spaceships?
8. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
(a) A virtual girl.
(b) A robotic maid.
(c) A steward.
(d) A tiny slave.
9. How did Van der Berg send his request for help to his uncle?
(a) Through space imaging.
(b) By typing it into his cell phone.
(c) Encrypted in a language few know anymore.
(d) Via paper airplanes.
10. What was one of the principle tourist attractions on Haley's Comet?
(a) Lake Mead.
(b) Lake Tuonela.
(c) The geysers.
(d) The docking station.
11. What did Second Officer Chang explain to Steward Third Class Rosie McCullen?
(a) What time to make the coffee.
(b) How the ship runs.
(c) How the penetrometer.
(d) How to clean the stateroom.
12. What company insured the chartered mission?
(d) Lloyds of London.
13. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
(a) The Great Californian Earthquake.
(b) The Great Texan Land Slide.
(c) The Great Railroad Destruction.
(d) The Great Floridian Mud Slide.
14. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(b) A human-like shoe print.
(c) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(d) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
15. Where did Dr. Floyd help Chris get a job?
(a) On the space hospital.
(b) On the spaceship Cosmos.
(c) On the spaceship Universe.
(d) On the spaceship Tsung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Mars, what was the only other world that Rolph van der Berg thought could be inhabitable?
2. Who fainted after the bridge doors opened?
3. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
4. What is the name of the spaceship Dr Floyd will use on his voyage to Haley's Comet?
5. In 2060, who was the first Planetary President?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)