|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than Mars, what was the only other world that Rolph van der Berg thought could be inhabitable?
2. Where does Dr Heywood Floyd reside?
(a) Pasteur Space Hospital.
(b) Mars' Embassy.
(c) Saturn Outer Rings.
(d) Regency Hotel.
3. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost ten seconds.
(b) Almost two seconds.
(c) Almost one hour.
(d) Almost five seconds.
4. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
(a) Katerina Rudenko.
(b) Heywood Floyd.
(c) Lawrence Tsung.
(d) Oleg Glazunov.
5. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
(a) Dr. William Tsung.
(b) Dr. Anderson.
(c) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(d) Sir Lawrence.
6. What country was the first to make maps of Europa?
(c) United States.
7. How did Van der Berg send his request for help to his uncle?
(a) Via paper airplanes.
(b) Encrypted in a language few know anymore.
(c) Through space imaging.
(d) By typing it into his cell phone.
8. Mr. Chang attempted to land on what at first?
(a) A cloud covered piece of land.
(b) A rocky hillside.
(c) A frozen lake.
(d) A canyon floor.
9. Who was the captain of the Universe?
(a) Captain Cook.
(b) Captain Starr.
(c) Captain Beasley.
(d) Captain Smith.
10. Who did Van der Berg think responsible for the hijacking?
(a) Heywood Floyd.
(b) Mr. Chang.
(c) Captain Laplace.
11. Where did Rosie want Mr.Chang to land the ship?
12. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
13. With whom did Dr. Floyd make his first outing on the comet?
(a) Yva Merlin.
(b) Maggie M'Bala.
(c) Victor Willis.
(d) Captain Smith.
14. What was Sebastian?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A cat.
(c) A valet.
(d) A dog.
15. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
(a) He developed a taste for fried chicken.
(b) He developed a a need for supplemental Oxygen.
(c) He developed bone necrosis in his broken bones and had to be sent back to space.
(d) He developed pneumonia and had to have antibiotics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr.Paul Kreuger's scientific specialty?
2. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
3. When Dr. Chant explores the center of the comet, what was a layer of mineral he saw?
4. What company insured the chartered mission?
5. Where did the spaceship intend to land on Haley's Comet?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)