|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
(a) Neptune and Jupitor.
(b) Ganymede and Europa.
(c) Venus and Pluto.
(d) Saturn and Europa.
2. Who was the first man to land on Mercury?
(a) Clifford Greenberg.
(b) William Chang.
(c) Edward Tsung.
(d) Rolph van der Berg.
3. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
(a) Gravity returned.
(b) It was the middle of the night.
(c) The ride was rocky.
(d) Gravity disappered.
4. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(c) Sir Lawerence.
5. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
(b) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(c) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
(d) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
6. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
(a) 105 years old.
(b) 65 years old.
(c) 60 years old.
(d) 70 years old.
7. What was Sebastian?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A valet.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
8. Who emerged from the bridge after the gunshot?
(c) Mr. Chang.
9. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
(a) Captain Eric Laplace.
(b) Captain Lucifer.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Captain Jovian.
10. When Dr. Chant explores the center of the comet, what was a layer of mineral he saw?
(a) Quartz crystal.
(b) Iron pyrite.
(c) Lava rock formations.
11. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
12. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
(a) Captain Laplace.
(b) Rosie McCullen.
(c) Second Officer Chang.
(d) Rolf van der Berg.
13. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
14. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
(a) A robotic maid.
(b) A tiny slave.
(c) A virtual girl.
(d) A steward.
15. Who was the captain of the Universe?
(a) Captain Beasley.
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Captain Cook.
(d) Captain Starr.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Shaka named?
2. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
3. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
4. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
5. Who took William Tsung's title upon birth?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)