|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Chant left the cavern, why was he asked to return to ship?
(a) A small nick in his spacesuit.
(b) A time constraint.
(c) Running out of oxygen.
(d) An emergency.
2. Rosie made great what?
(b) Hot tea.
(c) Ham sandwiches.
3. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
(a) To catalog the life on Europa.
(b) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Lucifer.
(c) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Ganymede.
(d) To survey the land on Europa.
4. In 2060, who was the first Planetary President?
(a) Edward VI.
(b) Frederico III.
(c) Charles X.
(d) Edward VIII.
5. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
(c) Haley's Comet.
6. What was William Tsung's title?
(a) The only baby in the world.
(b) The most expensive baby in the world.
(c) The cheapest baby in the world.
(d) The oldest baby in the world.
7. How old is Dr.Heywood Floyd?
(a) 56 years old.
(b) 70 years old.
(c) 103 years old.
(d) 65 years old.
8. What changed Mr.Chang's mind about attempting to send the ship back out to space?
(a) That the crew would not be safe due to the return of weightlessness.
(b) That Europa's orbit would be too strong to release the ship.
(c) That he would't be alive to see the rescue.
(d) That Rosie would cry.
9. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
(a) Victor WIlis and Maggie M'Bala.
(b) Dr. Menhindrend and Dr.Oleg.
(c) George and Jerry.
(d) Dr. Floyd and Dr.Greenberg.
10. Who did Van der Berg think responsible for the hijacking?
(a) Captain Laplace.
(b) Mr. Chang.
(d) Heywood Floyd.
11. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Five hours.
12. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
(a) The Great Railroad Destruction.
(b) The Great Texan Land Slide.
(c) The Great Floridian Mud Slide.
(d) The Great Californian Earthquake.
13. How did Rosie McMullen hijack the ship?
(a) Locked Second Officer Chang in a closet.
(b) Held Second Officer Chang at gunpoint..
(c) Held Second Officer Chang hostage.
(d) Shot Second Officer Chang in the leg.
14. Where did the spaceship intend to land on Haley's Comet?
(a) The North Pole.
(b) The Eastern side.
(c) The Western side.
(d) The South Pole.
15. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
(a) Heywood Floyd.
(b) Katerina Rudenko.
(c) Oleg Glazunov.
(d) Lawrence Tsung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
2. Where did the Galaxy finally land?
3. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
4. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
5. Who was the captain of the Universe?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)