|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company insured the chartered mission?
(d) Lloyds of London.
2. As Dr. Chant left the cavern, why was he asked to return to ship?
(a) A small nick in his spacesuit.
(b) A time constraint.
(c) Running out of oxygen.
(d) An emergency.
3. Uncle Paul searched for evidence and found it in what publication?
(a) 1982 issue of Space.
(b) 2011 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.
(c) 1981 issue of Nature.
(d) 2009 issue of Vogue.
4. What was Dr.Paul Kreuger's scientific specialty?
(a) Political imaging.
(b) Particle physics.
(c) Space history.
(d) Finance and Administration.
5. Dr Greenberg asked for what after the announcement was made?
(a) A pair of flip flops.
(b) A diving board.
(c) A new hairnet.
(d) To go back to the space hospital.
6. What is Lucifer? nebulae
(a) A rival to the sun.
(b) A nebulae.
(c) A new planet.
(d) A space hospital.
7. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
(a) The Great Floridian Mud Slide.
(b) The Great Texan Land Slide.
(c) The Great Railroad Destruction.
(d) The Great Californian Earthquake.
8. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
(a) Dried creekbed.
(b) Green grass.
(c) Ice deposits.
(d) Sand dunes.
9. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
(a) There would be a dance later that night.
(b) There would be a special breakfast served in his honor.
(c) There was a swimming pool onboard the spaceship.
(d) There would be a magic show at dinner.
10. What is Old Faithful?
(a) A large spacesuit built especially for Captain Smith.
(b) A large mountain on the surface of the comet.
(c) A large space pod shuttle.
(d) The largest geyser on the dayside of the comet.
11. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
12. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
13. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
14. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(a) Unstable elements.
(b) Jet fuel.
(d) Rat droppings.
15. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost five seconds.
(b) Almost one hour.
(c) Almost two seconds.
(d) Almost ten seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
2. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
3. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
4. Who was the first man to land on Mercury?
5. What did the article refer to in its title?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)