Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
(a) Captain Laplace.
2. How many days did Europa revolve on its axis?
(a) Twelve earth-days.
(b) Six earth-days.
(c) Nine earth-days.
(d) Seven earth-days.
3. Dr Greenberg asked for what after the announcement was made?
(a) A pair of flip flops.
(b) To go back to the space hospital.
(c) A new hairnet.
(d) A diving board.
4. Where did the captain ask the passengers of the Universe stay during rendezvous and touchdown?
(a) Strapped in the observation lounge.
(b) Secured in the dining hall.
(c) Secured in their passenger pods.
(d) Strapped in their beds.
5. On day five what surprise did Captain Smith reveal to the passengers of the Universe?
(a) There would be a dance later that night.
(b) There would be a special breakfast served in his honor.
(c) There would be a magic show at dinner.
(d) There was a swimming pool onboard the spaceship.
6. What did the article refer to in its title?
(a) The Beatle's song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."
(b) The Carr's song "In Space."
(c) The Beatle's song "Yellow Submarine."
(d) The War of 1812.
7. In order to go to the comet's surface what did Victor Willis have to do ?
(a) Comb his hair.
(b) Shave off his beard.
(c) Cut his hair.
(d) Put in earplugs.
8. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
(b) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
(c) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(d) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
9. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
(a) About a hundredth's of Earth's.
(b) About a thousandth of Earth's.
(c) About a tenth of Earth's.
(d) Twice that of the Moon's.
10. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
(a) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Lucifer.
(b) To catalog the life on Europa.
(c) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Ganymede.
(d) To survey the land on Europa.
11. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
(a) He developed a taste for fried chicken.
(b) He developed bone necrosis in his broken bones and had to be sent back to space.
(c) He developed pneumonia and had to have antibiotics.
(d) He developed a a need for supplemental Oxygen.
12. What changed Mr.Chang's mind about attempting to send the ship back out to space?
(a) That the crew would not be safe due to the return of weightlessness.
(b) That Europa's orbit would be too strong to release the ship.
(c) That Rosie would cry.
(d) That he would't be alive to see the rescue.
13. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
(a) No one told her to pack a swimming suit.
(b) No one thought to bring her a hairbrush.
(c) No one wanted her to be unhappy.
(d) No one told her to come for dinner.
14. Who were the two passengers to have worn a spacesuit before?
(a) Dr. Floyd and Dr.Greenberg.
(b) George and Jerry.
(c) Victor WIlis and Maggie M'Bala.
(d) Dr. Menhindrend and Dr.Oleg.
15. What color was Haley Comet's surface?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Dr. Floyd's oldest and closest friends?
2. Who took William Tsung's title upon birth?
3. What is the name of the spaceship Dr Floyd will use on his voyage to Haley's Comet?
4. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
5. How much money did Bund invest in Tsung Aerospace?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)