|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
(a) Mount Zeus.
(b) The Europa jungle.
(c) The central ocean.
(d) The middle.
2. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
(a) Earth-Jupiter run.
(b) Mars-Jupiter run.
(c) Venus-Saturn run.
(d) Earth-Moon-Mars run.
3. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
(c) Haley's Comet.
4. If night and day are local customs, what is universal?
5. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
6. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Two hours.
7. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(b) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
(c) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
(d) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
8. Who was the first man to land on Mercury?
(a) Rolph van der Berg.
(b) William Chang.
(c) Clifford Greenberg.
(d) Edward Tsung.
9. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
(a) No one told her to come for dinner.
(b) No one wanted her to be unhappy.
(c) No one thought to bring her a hairbrush.
(d) No one told her to pack a swimming suit.
10. What did Second Officer Chang explain to Steward Third Class Rosie McCullen?
(a) How to clean the stateroom.
(b) How the ship runs.
(c) How the penetrometer.
(d) What time to make the coffee.
11. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
(a) He developed a taste for fried chicken.
(b) He developed a a need for supplemental Oxygen.
(c) He developed bone necrosis in his broken bones and had to be sent back to space.
(d) He developed pneumonia and had to have antibiotics.
12. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
(b) Hong Kong.
13. Who fainted after the bridge doors opened?
(d) Rosie .
14. What is the name of the mountain on Europa?
(a) Mount Chang.
(b) Mount Magazine.
(c) Mount Pleasant.
(d) Mount Zeus.
15. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
(a) Neptune and Jupitor.
(b) Ganymede and Europa.
(c) Venus and Pluto.
(d) Saturn and Europa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
2. To be able to be a stop for the Pacific Spaceport travel line what had to be discovered and was on the Moon?
3. Who emerged from the bridge after the gunshot?
4. How did Van der Berg send his request for help to his uncle?
5. In space travel, what fueled the spaceships?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)