|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
(a) About a hundredth's of Earth's.
(b) About a thousandth of Earth's.
(c) Twice that of the Moon's.
(d) About a tenth of Earth's.
2. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
(a) To survey the land on Europa.
(b) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Ganymede.
(c) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Lucifer.
(d) To catalog the life on Europa.
3. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
(a) Captain Laplace.
(b) Second Officer Chang.
(c) Rosie McCullen.
(d) Rolf van der Berg.
4. Who was the captain of the Universe?
(a) Captain Starr.
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Captain Beasley.
(d) Captain Cook.
5. Dr. Chant was the group's speleologist, what was his profession?
(a) A professional rock climber.
(b) A professional cave explorer.
(c) A professional guide.
(d) A professional stunt man.
6. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(b) A human-like shoe print.
(c) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(d) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
7. As Dr. Chant left the cavern, why was he asked to return to ship?
(a) A time constraint.
(b) Running out of oxygen.
(c) An emergency.
(d) A small nick in his spacesuit.
8. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
(a) A tiny slave.
(b) A virtual girl.
(c) A steward.
(d) A robotic maid.
9. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
10. Other than Mars, what was the only other world that Rolph van der Berg thought could be inhabitable?
11. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost two seconds.
(b) Almost one hour.
(c) Almost five seconds.
(d) Almost ten seconds.
12. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Dr. Chang's assistant.
(b) Jerry's parrot.
(c) Caroline's new husband.
(d) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
13. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
(a) Attempt no landing on Europa.
(b) Attempt no landing on Earth.
(c) Attempt no landing on Saturn.
(d) Attempt no landing on Mars.
14. According to Professor Rudenko's complex geriatric accounting how old is Dr Heywood Floyd?
(a) 60 years old.
(b) 65 years old.
(c) 70 years old.
(d) 105 years old.
15. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
2. In space travel, what fueled the spaceships?
3. Mr. Chang attempted to land on what at first?
4. In order to go to the comet's surface what did Victor Willis have to do ?
5. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)