|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ASTROPOL and the USSA would not admit that what did not exist?
2. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
(a) Going out of the spaceship to explore the comets surface.
(b) Going to Jupitor after the comet tour.
(c) Going to dinner after a long day.
(d) Going back to the space hospital ahead of schedule.
3. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Caroline's new husband.
(b) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
(c) Dr. Chang's assistant.
(d) Jerry's parrot.
4. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(b) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
(c) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(d) A human-like shoe print.
5. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
(b) Captain Laplace.
6. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(a) Unstable elements.
(c) Jet fuel.
(d) Rat droppings.
7. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
(a) The central ocean.
(b) Mount Zeus.
(c) The Europa jungle.
(d) The middle.
8. What is the most important element in South Africa's economy?
9. What was the Lady Jasmine?
(a) A space trike.
(b) A space boat.
(c) An exploration space pod.
(d) A space sled.
10. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
(d) Hong Kong.
11. Who emerged from the bridge after the gunshot?
(d) Mr. Chang.
12. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
13. How much money did Bund invest in Tsung Aerospace?
(a) One hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One billion dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
14. Rosie made great what?
(c) Ham sandwiches.
(d) Hot tea.
15. If night and day are local customs, what is universal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
2. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
3. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
4. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
5. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)