|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Science Officer aboard the Tsien?
(a) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(b) Dr. Oleg Brown.
(c) Dr. Robert Chang.
(d) Sir Lawrence.
2. What company insured the chartered mission?
(b) Lloyds of London.
3. When Dr. Chant explores the center of the comet, what was a layer of mineral he saw?
(b) Iron pyrite.
(c) Lava rock formations.
(d) Quartz crystal.
4. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
(a) No gravity.
(b) Low gravity.
(c) Normal gravity.
(d) High gravitiy.
5. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
(a) A robotic maid.
(b) A virtual girl.
(c) A tiny slave.
(d) A steward.
6. What is Old Faithful?
(a) A large space pod shuttle.
(b) The largest geyser on the dayside of the comet.
(c) A large spacesuit built especially for Captain Smith.
(d) A large mountain on the surface of the comet.
7. Where did Sir Lawrence viewed a program about space exploration?
(b) New York.
(c) Hong Kong.
8. What is Lucifer? nebulae
(a) A new planet.
(b) A rival to the sun.
(c) A nebulae.
(d) A space hospital.
9. ASTROPOL and the USSA would not admit that what did not exist?
10. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
(a) No one told her to come for dinner.
(b) No one thought to bring her a hairbrush.
(c) No one told her to pack a swimming suit.
(d) No one wanted her to be unhappy.
11. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
12. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
(d) Haley's Comet.
13. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
(a) Mission cook.
(b) Mission scientist.
(c) Mission planetologist.
(d) Mission navigator.
14. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
(a) Dr Rogers.
15. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
(a) Second Officer Chang.
(b) Captain Laplace.
(c) Rosie McCullen.
(d) Rolf van der Berg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
2. What is the name of the mountain on Europa?
3. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
4. How many days did Europa revolve on its axis?
5. What did the article refer to in its title?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)