|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed Mr.Chang's mind about attempting to send the ship back out to space?
(a) That Europa's orbit would be too strong to release the ship.
(b) That the crew would not be safe due to the return of weightlessness.
(c) That Rosie would cry.
(d) That he would't be alive to see the rescue.
2. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
(a) The ride was rocky.
(b) It was the middle of the night.
(c) Gravity disappered.
(d) Gravity returned.
3. Where did the crew of the spaceship Tsien sojourn?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. Where did Rosie want Mr.Chang to land the ship?
5. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
(a) Mission planetologist.
(b) Mission navigator.
(c) Mission scientist.
(d) Mission cook.
6. If night and day are local customs, what is universal?
7. When Dr. Chant explores the center of the comet, what was a layer of mineral he saw?
(a) Lava rock formations.
(b) Iron pyrite.
(c) Quartz crystal.
8. How much money did Bund invest in Tsung Aerospace?
(a) One billion dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
9. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
(a) Haley's Comet.
10. Where did Sir Lawrence viewed a program about space exploration?
(b) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
11. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
(a) Captain Eric Laplace.
(b) Captain Jovian.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Captain Lucifer.
12. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
(a) Attempt no landing on Mars.
(b) Attempt no landing on Earth.
(c) Attempt no landing on Saturn.
(d) Attempt no landing on Europa.
13. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(a) Unstable elements.
(b) Rat droppings.
(d) Jet fuel.
14. How did Rosie McMullen hijack the ship?
(a) Held Second Officer Chang hostage.
(b) Locked Second Officer Chang in a closet.
(c) Held Second Officer Chang at gunpoint..
(d) Shot Second Officer Chang in the leg.
15. In order to go to the comet's surface what did Victor Willis have to do ?
(a) Shave off his beard.
(b) Cut his hair.
(c) Put in earplugs.
(d) Comb his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
2. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
3. Who did Van der Berg think responsible for the hijacking?
4. Where did Dr. Floyd help Chris get a job?
5. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)