|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Science Officer aboard the Tsien?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Dr. Oleg Brown.
(d) Dr. Robert Chang.
2. About what did Maggie M'Bala complain?
(a) No one thought to bring her a hairbrush.
(b) No one told her to come for dinner.
(c) No one wanted her to be unhappy.
(d) No one told her to pack a swimming suit.
3. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A human-like shoe print.
(b) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(c) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
(d) A snakelike monster in the cave.
4. What was Rolf van der Berg's job?
(a) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Lucifer.
(b) To survey and catalog the natural resources of Ganymede.
(c) To catalog the life on Europa.
(d) To survey the land on Europa.
5. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
(a) Visiting with the other passengers.
(b) Thinking back about the history of aeronautics.
(d) Marveling at the ship's speed.
6. What is Old Faithful?
(a) A large space pod shuttle.
(b) The largest geyser on the dayside of the comet.
(c) A large mountain on the surface of the comet.
(d) A large spacesuit built especially for Captain Smith.
7. What was the Lady Jasmine?
(a) A space trike.
(b) An exploration space pod.
(c) A space sled.
(d) A space boat.
8. How many days did Europa revolve on its axis?
(a) Nine earth-days.
(b) Seven earth-days.
(c) Six earth-days.
(d) Twelve earth-days.
9. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
(a) Twice that of the Moon's.
(b) About a hundredth's of Earth's.
(c) About a thousandth of Earth's.
(d) About a tenth of Earth's.
10. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
(a) He developed pneumonia and had to have antibiotics.
(b) He developed bone necrosis in his broken bones and had to be sent back to space.
(c) He developed a taste for fried chicken.
(d) He developed a a need for supplemental Oxygen.
11. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
(a) Mount Zeus.
(b) The middle.
(c) The Europa jungle.
(d) The central ocean.
12. Where does Dr Heywood Floyd reside?
(a) Mars' Embassy.
(b) Pasteur Space Hospital.
(c) Regency Hotel.
(d) Saturn Outer Rings.
13. Where did Rosie want Mr.Chang to land the ship?
14. Where is the next journey for Dr Heywood Floyd?
(c) Haley's Comet.
15. How long did it take for the penetrometer to reach Europa?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Eight hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Van der Berg accuse Mr.Floyd of being?
2. What is the most important element in South Africa's economy?
3. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
4. Who emerged from the bridge after the gunshot?
5. What was William Tsung's title?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)