|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
(b) Jet fuel.
(c) Rat droppings.
(d) Unstable elements.
2. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
(a) High gravitiy.
(b) No gravity.
(c) Normal gravity.
(d) Low gravity.
3. In 2060, who was the first Planetary President?
(a) Edward VI.
(b) Edward VIII.
(c) Charles X.
(d) Frederico III.
4. What did Van der Berg accuse Mr.Floyd of being?
(a) A bad actor.
(b) A good grandson.
(c) A hijacker.
(d) A cop.
5. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
(a) Sir Lawrence.
(b) Dr. William Tsung.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
6. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
(a) Uniform yellow surface,with a few brown patches.
(b) One hundred times larger than the Moon.
(c) Uniform brown surface,with a few pink patches.
(d) Uniform pink surface, with a few small brown patches.
7. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
(a) Mission cook.
(b) Mission planetologist.
(c) Mission navigator.
(d) Mission scientist.
8. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
(a) A robotic maid.
(b) A virtual girl.
(c) A tiny slave.
(d) A steward.
9. What was one of the principle tourist attractions on Haley's Comet?
(a) The geysers.
(b) Lake Tuonela.
(c) Lake Mead.
(d) The docking station.
10. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
(a) Captain Lucifer.
(b) Captain Eric Laplace.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Captain Jovian.
11. Inside the cavern, with what was everything coated?
12. Uncle Paul searched for evidence and found it in what publication?
(a) 1981 issue of Nature.
(b) 1982 issue of Space.
(c) 2011 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.
(d) 2009 issue of Vogue.
13. The reconnaissance mission will travel close to what planet?
14. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
(a) Sir Lawerence.
(c) Sir Thomas.
15. What was the Lady Jasmine?
(a) A space sled.
(b) A space trike.
(c) An exploration space pod.
(d) A space boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. If night and day are local customs, what is universal?
2. What was William Tsung's title?
3. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
4. Dr. Chant was the group's speleologist, what was his profession?
5. Where did the captain ask the passengers of the Universe stay during rendezvous and touchdown?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)