|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company insured the chartered mission?
(d) Lloyds of London.
2. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
(a) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(b) Sir Lawrence.
(c) Dr. Anderson.
(d) Dr. William Tsung.
3. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost five seconds.
(b) Almost one hour.
(c) Almost two seconds.
(d) Almost ten seconds.
4. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
(a) Going to Jupitor after the comet tour.
(b) Going to dinner after a long day.
(c) Going out of the spaceship to explore the comets surface.
(d) Going back to the space hospital ahead of schedule.
5. Only on what two planets are there Earth-like temperature regions?
(a) Ganymede and Europa.
(b) Saturn and Europa.
(c) Venus and Pluto.
(d) Neptune and Jupitor.
6. Who did Second Officer Chris Floyd seek out for help after the ship is hijacked?
(a) Rosie McCullen.
(b) Captain Laplace.
(c) Rolf van der Berg.
(d) Second Officer Chang.
7. How did Rosie McMullen hijack the ship?
(a) Locked Second Officer Chang in a closet.
(b) Held Second Officer Chang hostage.
(c) Held Second Officer Chang at gunpoint..
(d) Shot Second Officer Chang in the leg.
8. Where does Dr Heywood Floyd reside?
(a) Mars' Embassy.
(b) Pasteur Space Hospital.
(c) Saturn Outer Rings.
(d) Regency Hotel.
9. Who was the first man to land on Mercury?
(a) Clifford Greenberg.
(b) Edward Tsung.
(c) Rolph van der Berg.
(d) William Chang.
10. Rolf van der Berg volunteered for what position on the chartered mission with Captain Eric Laplace?
(a) Mission cook.
(b) Mission planetologist.
(c) Mission navigator.
(d) Mission scientist.
11. What did the article refer to in its title?
(a) The Carr's song "In Space."
(b) The Beatle's song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The Beatle's song "Yellow Submarine."
12. Rosie made great what?
(b) Ham sandwiches.
(c) Hot tea.
13. With the loss of the Europa VI, who did van der Berg turn to for help in observing Europa out of the bright light of Lucifer?
(a) Dr Rogers.
14. In order to go to the comet's surface what did Victor Willis have to do ?
(a) Cut his hair.
(b) Comb his hair.
(c) Shave off his beard.
(d) Put in earplugs.
15. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
(d) Captain Laplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would be chartering the reconnaissance mission granted by the Planetary Science Foundation?
2. What was the Lady Jasmine?
3. While continuing to study Ganymeade, what else does Van der Berg continue to study?
4. With what did Rolf van der Berg believe Mount Zeus was covered?
5. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)