|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57, Interlude on Ganymede | VIII. The Kingdom of Sulfur, Chapter 58, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are cave-ins impossible on the comet's surface?
(a) High gravitiy.
(b) Normal gravity.
(c) No gravity.
(d) Low gravity.
2. What was Dr.Paul Kreuger's scientific specialty?
(a) Particle physics.
(b) Space history.
(c) Political imaging.
(d) Finance and Administration.
3. Where on Europa is the second penetrometer to be dropped?
(a) Mount Zeus.
(b) The Europa jungle.
(c) The middle.
(d) The central ocean.
4. Zero gravity caused Dr. Floyd not to be able to do what?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Sleep well.
(c) Consume coffee.
(d) Eat well.
5. What is a concern of Floyd's about the diamond market?
(a) It will be flooded.
(b) It will make space travel less expensive.
(c) It will make diamonds worthless.
(d) It will cause too many people on Europa to kill for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
2. What did they set up first before retrieving samples?
3. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
4. What is sinking on the surface of Europa?
5. Who coined the phrase "Gravity is the bringer of old age"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)