|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 57, Interlude on Ganymede | VIII. The Kingdom of Sulfur, Chapter 58, Fire and Ice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Laplace allowed the scientists to do what?
(a) Sleep late.
(b) Explore Europa.
(c) Relax on Sundays.
(d) Eat gourmet foods.
2. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost one hour.
(b) Almost ten seconds.
(c) Almost two seconds.
(d) Almost five seconds.
3. Why could Van der Berg not work at an Earth-based university after the rescue?
(a) His body was accustomed to Ganymede's gravity.
(b) He would be working on Ganymede.
(c) He would be going to jail for his role in landing on Europa.
(d) He was planning a return to Europa.
4. Other than Mars, what was the only other world that Rolph van der Berg thought could be inhabitable?
5. What was the advantage the Earth's explorers had over the Galaxy crew?
(a) They were not locked in a spaceship.
(b) They were not on a hostile planet.
(c) They had not been hijacked.
(d) They could breathe the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
2. With full thrust carrying the ship to the orbit of Europa, why was moving around in the ship hard?
3. Dr Floyd on the spaceship Leonov describe Europa as being what color?
4. The Universe took a shortcut around where?
5. What was the name of the ghost that appeared to Dr. Floyd on his previous missions?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)