|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, The Captain's Table | Chapter 40, Monsters from Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
(a) Going back to the space hospital ahead of schedule.
(b) Going to Jupitor after the comet tour.
(c) Going to dinner after a long day.
(d) Going out of the spaceship to explore the comets surface.
2. Why did Captain Smith cut the Universe's trip short?
(a) To go to the Galaxy's rescue.
(b) They needed to go to Earth.
(c) A sickness on board.
(d) Haley's comet was too hot.
3. At the beginning of the rescue mission, the Universe could be seen by whom?
(a) Human beings.
4. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
(d) Captain Laplace.
5. What did the officer on watch observe one morning in this chapter?
(a) A periscope emerge from the sea with a blue eye.
(b) Floating green material that the ship could not penetrate.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A dead cow floating in the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
2. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
3. What was the Lady Jasmine?
4. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
5. What did the article refer to in its title?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)