|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, The Captain's Table | Chapter 40, Monsters from Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
(a) Going back to the space hospital ahead of schedule.
(b) Going to Jupitor after the comet tour.
(c) Going to dinner after a long day.
(d) Going out of the spaceship to explore the comets surface.
2. Where did the captain ask the passengers of the Universe stay during rendezvous and touchdown?
(a) Secured in the dining hall.
(b) Strapped in the observation lounge.
(c) Secured in their passenger pods.
(d) Strapped in their beds.
3. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
(b) Marveling at the ship's speed.
(c) Visiting with the other passengers.
(d) Thinking back about the history of aeronautics.
4. What is the gravity on Haley's Comet?
(a) About a tenth of Earth's.
(b) Twice that of the Moon's.
(c) About a thousandth of Earth's.
(d) About a hundredth's of Earth's.
5. What warning was sent back from the spaceship Discovery?
(a) Attempt no landing on Saturn.
(b) Attempt no landing on Mars.
(c) Attempt no landing on Europa.
(d) Attempt no landing on Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Chang attempted to land on what at first?
2. Dr. Chant was the group's speleologist, what was his profession?
3. Shaka executed his warriors for what offense?
4. Who was Oom Paul?
5. How did Van der Berg send his request for help to his uncle?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)