|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, The Captain's Table | Chapter 40, Monsters from Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Oom Paul?
(a) Dr. Chang's assistant.
(b) Jerry's parrot.
(c) Caroline's new husband.
(d) Dr.van der Berg's uncle.
2. What did the monster appear to be to the crew?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) A shark.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A dinosaur.
3. Who fainted after the bridge doors opened?
(a) Rosie .
4. Who was the Second Officer's famous grandfather?
(a) Dr. William Tsung.
(b) Dr. Anderson.
(c) Sir Lawrence.
(d) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
5. What changed Mr.Chang's mind about attempting to send the ship back out to space?
(a) That Europa's orbit would be too strong to release the ship.
(b) That the crew would not be safe due to the return of weightlessness.
(c) That Rosie would cry.
(d) That he would't be alive to see the rescue.
Short Answer Questions
1. If night and day are local customs, what is universal?
2. Who was the only person who knew if the Galaxy has enough propellant to make stable orbit?
3. What did the article refer to in its title?
4. What was the hazardous cargo on the chartered mission?
5. Old Faithful filled the fuel tanks with what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)