|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, Shrine | Chapter 50, Open City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How fast was the Universe traveling?
(a) Half as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(b) Twice as fast as any human being since the beginning of time.
(c) Slower than the ship that went to Europa.
(d) Not as fast as the voyage to the comet.
2. How long did the penetrometer work when launched into Io?
(a) Almost five seconds.
(b) Almost one hour.
(c) Almost two seconds.
(d) Almost ten seconds.
3. What was one of the principle tourist attractions on Haley's Comet?
(a) The docking station.
(b) The geysers.
(c) Lake Mead.
(d) Lake Tuonela.
4. What did Dr.Chant observe that he reported to no one, except for with a sealed note?
(a) A snakelike monster in the cave.
(b) Ice and snow in the cavern.
(c) A mysterious glow in the dark cavern.
(d) A human-like shoe print.
5. With what did Rolf van der Berg believe Mount Zeus was covered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the director of the Hong Kong Planetarium?
2. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
3. To whom does Van der Berg ask Floyd if he had talked?
4. Captain Smith had few objections to what activity for the passengers?
5. What is Dr. Heywood Floyd's new nickname?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)