|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49, Shrine | Chapter 50, Open City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. Chant left the cavern, why was he asked to return to ship?
(a) A small nick in his spacesuit.
(b) A time constraint.
(c) Running out of oxygen.
(d) An emergency.
2. "History never repeats itself-but historical situations recur" is a quote by whom?
(a) Margaret M'Bala.
(b) Dr. Heywood Floyd.
(c) Victor Willis.
(d) William Tsung.
3. Who were Dr. Floyd's oldest and closest friends?
(a) George and Jerry.
(b) John and Terry.
(c) George and Floyd.
(d) Carl and Jerry.
4. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
(a) The Great Floridian Mud Slide.
(b) The Great Railroad Destruction.
(c) The Great Californian Earthquake.
(d) The Great Texan Land Slide.
5. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
(a) Thinking back about the history of aeronautics.
(b) Marveling at the ship's speed.
(c) Visiting with the other passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr Floyd's return to Earth after his bone-breaking accident and following stay at the Space Hospital resulted in what?
2. What did Dr.Floyd suggest as a name for the water on Haley's comet?
3. What did those aboard the Galaxy name the island on which they landed?
4. What did they see while traveling by the Great Wall?
5. For what was Shaka named?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)