|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Valley of Black Snow | Chapter 18, Old Faithful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Europa revolve on its axis?
(a) Six earth-days.
(b) Nine earth-days.
(c) Twelve earth-days.
(d) Seven earth-days.
2. Dr. Floyd spent the first forty-eight hours of his voyage doing what?
(b) Thinking back about the history of aeronautics.
(c) Visiting with the other passengers.
(d) Marveling at the ship's speed.
3. To where was Tsung fleet's Cosmos designed to travel?
(a) Mars-Jupiter run.
(b) Earth-Moon-Mars run.
(c) Venus-Saturn run.
(d) Earth-Jupiter run.
4. Who were Dr. Floyd's oldest and closest friends?
(a) Carl and Jerry.
(b) George and Jerry.
(c) George and Floyd.
(d) John and Terry.
5. What was one of the principle tourist attractions on Haley's Comet?
(a) Lake Tuonela.
(b) Lake Mead.
(c) The geysers.
(d) The docking station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept his stateroom tidy?
2. Who took William Tsung's title upon birth?
3. During the decade of 2020-2030, while Dr Floyd was recuperating at the Space Hospital, what notable event happened on Earth?
4. What is Old Faithful?
5. Dr Greenberg asked for what after the announcement was made?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)