Chapter 1, The Frozen Years | Chapter 2, First Sight
• Dr. Floyd is103 years old, and although in good health, his body cannot tolerate going back to earth to live.
• Dr. Floyd is excited to be on the maiden voyage of the Universe since the space craft will take them to the surface of Haley's comet.
• As the comet gets closer Dr. Floyd can make out what he believes to be the light from the comet.
• Dr. Floyd thinks back to the images captured and how much he wants to step on the comet.
Chapter 3, Reentry | Chapter 4, Tycoon
• In past years humankind united when realizing they weren't the only intelligent beings in the universe.
• Dr. Floyd was forced to spend many years away from Earth, which extends his life, and he loses much of his family.
• Dr. Hessenstein refuses to demolish the planetarium even though Sir Lawrence offers him...
This section contains 2,115 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)