|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aomame always carries a gun and ____ with her.
2. Aomame keeps repeating the slogan, "Put a ___ in your tank."
3. Aomame thinks about which famous actress?
4. Tengo is told not to take a____ to the playground.
5. Which word best describes the body guards.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least three examples in which the author uses foreshadowing to prompt the reader to predict upcoming events.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of 1Q84. What is it? Why did Aomame develop the name? What does it mean? What does the "Q" stand for? What year does it replace? How is 1Q84 different from the ordinary year? What causes Aomame to develop this concept? Is the concept valid? How does one arrive in 1Q84? How does one leave? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Aomame wonders if "1Q84" is a parallel world or other dimension. Examine the concept of parallel worlds. Choose at least three examples in literature that reference this topic. Compare and contrast the ideas to "1Q84".
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)