|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week does Tengo have classes?
2. What nickname does Aomame give to the strange man?
3. What book does Tengo read to his father?
4. What type of car is driven by the refined woman?
5. How many years has it been since Ushikawa has seen his children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least three examples in which the author uses foreshadowing to prompt the reader to predict upcoming events.
Essay Topic 2
The Witnesses want Aomame to return so that they can hear the voices again. What do they mean? Whose voices does Aomame hear? Are they real voices or are they the manifestation of some type of mental illness? What do the voices say? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Leader is the name given to the man who controls the farm at Sakigake. Who is the Leader? What are his duties? How is he attached to the other characters in the story? How does the Leader die? What is the purpose of his death? What might happen to the farm and its people once the Leader is dead?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)