|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fuka-Eri's novella?
2. What composer's music is playing in the radio in the taxi?
3. How many weeks pass uneventfully before Fuka-Eri contacts Tengo?
4. Aomame is grief-stricken over the death of ____.
5. Which is a nickname Aomame gives to a bodyguard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Leader is the name given to the man who controls the farm at Sakigake. Who is the Leader? What are his duties? How is he attached to the other characters in the story? How does the Leader die? What is the purpose of his death? What might happen to the farm and its people once the Leader is dead?
Essay Topic 2
Outline the entire plan to keep the Little People from entering "1Q84". List high and low points, key ideas and strategies.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Aomame. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Aomame's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Aomame a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)