|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which insects announce the arrival of summer?
2. Who is with Aomame when she wakes up with a hangover?
3. Who speaks to Aomame about the gunfight?
4. How many children did the dowager have?
5. Tengo wonders if Aomame has given her secret feelings to the _____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least three examples in which the author uses foreshadowing to prompt the reader to predict upcoming events.
Essay Topic 2
Outline the entire plan to keep the Little People from entering "1Q84". List high and low points, key ideas and strategies.
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character description of Tengo. Include the character's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual state at various times in the book. Include Tengo's personal and professional information as well as the character's role in the story. What makes Tengo a compelling character? How could the character be improved?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)