|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dowager talks about the ___ People.
2. Tengo wonders if Aomame has given her secret feelings to the _____.
3. Which animal is discovered on Aomame's balcony?
4. Tengo says that when a person writes her confirms his ____.
5. "Tale of the Heike" is about an ancient Japanese ____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least three examples in which the author uses foreshadowing to prompt the reader to predict upcoming events.
Essay Topic 2
The Witnesses want Aomame to return so that they can hear the voices again. What do they mean? Whose voices does Aomame hear? Are they real voices or are they the manifestation of some type of mental illness? What do the voices say? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Society of Witnesses. Who are they? Are they real? Where did they come from? Who started the organization? Why? Where do they live? What is their political affiliation? How are they supported? What role do they play in the story? How are they linked to Fuka-Eri and Aomame?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)