|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the woman when she died?
2. What flowers are in the dowager's house?
3. Tengo thinks back to a time when he held hands with Aomame. How old was Tengo?
4. Who speaks to Aomame about the gunfight?
5. Which word reminds Aomame of Ayumi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aomame wonders if "1Q84" is a parallel world or other dimension. Examine the concept of parallel worlds. Choose at least three examples in literature that reference this topic. Compare and contrast the ideas to "1Q84".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Tengo and Fuka-Eri. Who takes the relationship to heart? What does it mean to each person? What is the basis of the relationship? Is it permanent or transitory? How will the relationship affect each person?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how 1984 becomes "1Q84" from the first moment it is noticed by Aomame. Explain how Aomame and Tengo become involved in "1Q84".
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)