|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Professor believes that Tengo is ____.
2. How many grandchildren does the dowager have?
3. Tengo hopes to get information about ____ from the Witnesses.
4. Tengo says that when a person writes her confirms his ____.
5. How did Aomame enter 1Q84?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how 1984 becomes "1Q84" from the first moment it is noticed by Aomame. Explain how Aomame and Tengo become involved in "1Q84".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Society of Witnesses. Who are they? Are they real? Where did they come from? Who started the organization? Why? Where do they live? What is their political affiliation? How are they supported? What role do they play in the story? How are they linked to Fuka-Eri and Aomame?
Essay Topic 3
Aomame wonders if "1Q84" is a parallel world or other dimension. Examine the concept of parallel worlds. Choose at least three examples in literature that reference this topic. Compare and contrast the ideas to "1Q84".
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)