|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ginny find a key?
2. What does Ginny show Keith?
3. What is Aunt Peg afraid to do?
4. What does Richard tell Ginny?
5. Who does Olivia say is her boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Ginny suppose to go after Rome, where is she suppose to stay and why?
2. How does Ginny find the cafe and what does she do there?
3. What does Ginny find at the second hostel she stops at and how does she end up spending the night there? What does she do once she has a place?
4. Where does Ginny go after Copenhagen and how does she end up with friends going with her?
5. How does Ginny know what to pay the Knapps, what amazes her about the bill and the amount?
6. What does Keith tell her when she sees him at the hostel and what do they do from there?
7. How does Ginny feel about getting out of the cemetery and what does Keith do when she says she missed the locking of the hostel?
8. What does Ginny do when she leaves Richard after learning he was Peg's husband?
9. How does Ginny find a key?
10. What does Ginny see with Knud and what happens there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Ginny and Peg. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Richard and Ginny. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in "13 Little Blue Envelopes" help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Ginny always felt as though she was more interesting around her Aunt Peg. She was rather shy and tried hard to blend in wherever possible, which was almost impossible with a thirty pound green and purple backpack. It is a June afternoon when Ginny arrived at the 4th Noodle Penthouse to pick up the package left to her by Aunt Peg. The smell is immediately familiar and she half expects Peg to come in any second, but of course that is impossible. She can't believe her Aunt is actually gone. Her visits to Peg had been infrequent, but magical. Peg had always been flighty, so when her phone stopped working, no one panicked.
1. Discuss, in detail, why you think Ginny always felt more interesting around her aunt. Use examples from your own life and "13 Little Blue Envelopes" to support your answer.
2. Discuss, in detail, ways in which you think Ginny could overcome her shyness. Use examples from your own life and "13 Little Blue Envelopes" to support your answer.
3. Discuss what you think Ginny might be feeling and thinking when she enters the penthouse. Use examples from your own life and "13 Little Blue Envelopes" to support your answer.
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)