|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Ginny decide what to do?
2. What almost had Keith quitting school?
3. What did Keith take from Mari's?
4. What do Ginny and Keith drive to his next show?
5. What time does Keith say it is when he comes down to get in his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ginny ask Beppe when they arrive at his apartment and what does he do there?
2. How does Ginny meet Keith and what does he tell her?
3. What does Richard say when asked what he sold the Queen?
4. Who is Ginny supposed to meet in Edinburgh and why? How does Ginny feel about going there?
5. What is contained in the second envelope?
6. What is Ginny's experience the second night of Keith's show, and what does he do?
7. What does Ginny decide to do to get rid of the tickets she now holds and how many does she give away?
8. How does Ginny meet Beppe?
9. What is the first thing Ginny sees in Edinburgh and what does Keith say about her going alone? Where does the person she is going to see live?
10. What do Ginny and Keith discuss over a beer and coke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in "13 Little Blue Envelopes"? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in "13 Little Blue Envelopes" including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from "13 Little Blue Envelopes" and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in "13 Little Blue Envelopes".
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of "13 Little Blue Envelopes". How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of the story. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
Ginny always felt as though she was more interesting around her Aunt Peg. She was rather shy and tried hard to blend in wherever possible, which was almost impossible with a thirty pound green and purple backpack. It is a June afternoon when Ginny arrived at the 4th Noodle Penthouse to pick up the package left to her by Aunt Peg. The smell is immediately familiar and she half expects Peg to come in any second, but of course that is impossible. She can't believe her Aunt is actually gone. Her visits to Peg had been infrequent, but magical. Peg had always been flighty, so when her phone stopped working, no one panicked.
1. Discuss, in detail, why you think Ginny always felt more interesting around her aunt. Use examples from your own life and "13 Little Blue Envelopes" to support your answer.
2. Discuss, in detail, ways in which you think Ginny could overcome her shyness. Use examples from your own life and "13 Little Blue Envelopes" to support your answer.
3. Discuss what you think Ginny might be feeling and thinking when she enters the penthouse. Use examples from your own life and "13 Little Blue Envelopes" to support your answer.
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)