|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ginny find a key?
(a) In the pocket of Peg's housecoat.
(b) In a dresser drawer.
(c) On the back of Peg's slippers.
(d) Hung on a nail in the closet.
2. What does Aunt Peg admit in the next letter?
(a) She got married impulsively to an Italian.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She has more money than Ginny's family knows.
(d) She is homesick.
3. To whom is Ginny supposed to send her flight information?
(a) A solicitor's office.
(b) A private mailbox.
(c) An email address.
(d) A P.O. box in Hamburg.
4. Where is Ginny to find Piet?
(a) He is a gondolier in Venice.
(b) In the Louvre.
(c) In Prague.
(d) At the Rijksmuseum.
5. What does Ginny examine as her benefactors are at dinner?
(a) The artwork on the walls.
(b) Olivia's ipod and books.
(c) Olivia's diary.
(d) Nothing, she sleeps.
6. What does Ginny win?
(a) A Karaoke contest.
(b) A concert ticket.
(c) A free night at the hostel.
(d) A small book.
7. Where is Ginny to take the night train to?
8. What shocks Ginny about what Mrs. Knapp gives her?
(a) The subject matter of the book.
(b) The size of the bill.
(c) That Mrs. Knapp never said anything about any expenses.
(d) The cost of the bracelet.
9. How much money does Ginny need to give the Knapps?
(a) About 170 euros.
(b) About 100 euros.
(c) Over 500 euros.
(d) About 225 euros.
10. What is Piet's occupation?
(a) Museum president.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A musician.
(d) A museum guard.
11. Where does Ginny ride when Knud picks her up at the airport?
(a) Behind Knud on a motorcycle.
(b) The back of a limo.
(c) In a VW convertible.
(d) The sidecar of a motorcycle.
12. When does Ginny say she'll open the last letter?
(a) Tomorrow at sunrise.
(b) Upon arriving in Moscow.
(c) Upon arriving in Corfu.
(d) When the sunsets.
13. How does the cafe owner say Peg helps him?
(a) She turns his cafe into a boutique restaruant.
(b) She gives him his tax money when she wins at the horse races.
(c) She saves his son from being hit by a trolley.
(d) She talks his wife into staying in the marriage.
14. Who is Cecil Gage-Rathbone?
(a) The name on a card with some canvases.
(b) Richard's brother-in-law.
(c) Peg's doctor.
(d) The manager of an all-night cafe.
15. What seems to take forever?
(a) The train ride.
(b) The boat ride.
(c) Waiting in line for train tickets.
(d) The meal on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ginny go next?
2. What does Keith say Ginny has to do?
3. Where does Knud take Ginny?
4. Over what does Carrie weep?
5. What does Piet tell Ginny about Aunt Peg's instructions?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)