|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard tell Ginny?
(a) That he and Peg had married.
(b) That he is moving to the United States.
(c) That he is gay.
(d) That he needs to help an old friend and has no money.
2. Who steals Ginny and Carrie's packs?
(a) No one.
(b) Some people on scooters.
(c) A couple teenage boys for a prank.
(d) A homeless man.
3. Where does Ginny find a key?
(a) On the back of Peg's slippers.
(b) In a dresser drawer.
(c) In the pocket of Peg's housecoat.
(d) Hung on a nail in the closet.
4. What does Ginny realize after Knud disappears for a brief time?
(a) He is showering.
(b) They are underway.
(c) He has let a huge dog into the house.
(d) He has brought someone back with him.
5. What does Ginny do when they are on the boat?
(a) Opens the next envelope.
(b) Plays dominoes with her new friends.
(c) Gets seasick.
(d) Goes to sleep.
6. What do the people call Ginny when she joins them at the hostel?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A limpkin.
(c) An albatross.
(d) A pariah.
7. Where is Ginny to find Piet?
(a) He is a gondolier in Venice.
(b) In Prague.
(c) At the Rijksmuseum.
(d) In the Louvre.
8. Why is Ginny relieved when she uses the ATM?
(a) There is more money in there than there had been.
(b) The bank does not try to confiscate it.
(c) There is enough money to give Mrs. Knapp.
(d) The card works though she thought she forgot the pin.
9. What are Keith and Ginny unable to find in Richard's house?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) A vacuum cleaner.
(d) Where the key fits.
10. What does Piet tell Ginny about Aunt Peg's instructions?
(a) Not much.
(b) He waxes enthusiastically for an hour.
(c) He gives her some basic information.
(d) He says he is going to have her arrested.
11. What does Olivia do when she comes in the room?
(a) Puts her ipod away.
(b) Asks Ginny about her life.
(c) Tells Ginny about dinner.
(d) Tells Ginny she wishes to have the room to herself.
12. Where does Knud take Ginny?
(a) To a basement apartment.
(b) To a houseboat.
(c) To a flat overlooking the river.
(d) To a huge mansion.
13. What does Ginny tell Keith?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she wants him to go to the United States with her.
(c) That she is depressed.
(d) What she's been doing.
14. What does Keith say about Peg's room?
(a) It is very sloppy.
(b) It reminds him of Mari's place.
(c) It is very neat.
(d) It seems a strange collection of stuff.
15. What does Keith ask Ginny via IM?
(a) How her a'dam is.
(b) Why she isn't in Berlin yet.
(c) Why she hasn't returned to London.
(d) Where her keepers are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ginny told to wait?
2. What does Mrs. Knapp give Ginny the next day?
3. How many flights does Ginny have to climb to get to her room?
4. What number letter does Ginny open?
5. Who is Cecil Gage-Rathbone?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)