|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginny tell her companions?
(a) About Keith.
(b) About her life in the United States.
(c) About the letters from Peg.
(d) About what happened in Italy.
2. What does Ginny do while in the couchette?
(b) Writes a letter to Miriam.
(d) Writes Keith a letter.
3. Who arrives as they are kissing?
(a) A priest.
(b) A vagrant.
(c) A guard.
(d) A nun.
4. What is Ginny to do at a cafe?
(a) Eat something delicious.
(b) Ask for a job.
(c) Have a strudel.
(d) Talk to the owner about what s/he loves.
5. To whom is Ginny supposed to send her flight information?
(a) An email address.
(b) A solicitor's office.
(c) A P.O. box in Hamburg.
(d) A private mailbox.
6. What hostel does Ginny rent a room in when she leaves Paris?
(a) The House.
(b) The Apple.
(c) The Second House.
(d) The Big Banana.
7. For what does Ginny say she's been searching?
(a) A friend of Peg's.
(c) A friend.
(d) A cafe.
8. Where is Ginny to stay when she arrives at her destination on the night train?
(a) The Left Bank.
(b) The Rue de Rouge.
(c) The Oestering.
(d) Her aunt does not specify an exact place to stay.
9. Why is Ginny relieved when she uses the ATM?
(a) The bank does not try to confiscate it.
(b) The card works though she thought she forgot the pin.
(c) There is enough money to give Mrs. Knapp.
(d) There is more money in there than there had been.
10. What does Ginny watch behind the field of windmills?
(a) An owl flying across the moon.
(b) A flock of birds.
(c) A stream of water shooting in the air.
(d) The midnight sun.
11. What does Ginny show Keith?
(a) A picture of Peg and Richard on their wedding day.
(b) A picture of Peg and Ginny when Ginny is six.
(c) Peg's green slippers.
(d) Peg's housecoat.
12. What seems to take forever?
(a) The train ride.
(b) Waiting in line for train tickets.
(c) The meal on the train.
(d) The boat ride.
13. How does Ginny respond to Carrie's question?
(a) She is happy for them to join her.
(b) She is not going to Greece.
(c) She has to do this alone.
(d) Keith is doing a show in Scotland.
14. Where does Knud take Ginny?
(a) To a flat overlooking the river.
(b) To a basement apartment.
(c) To a houseboat.
(d) To a huge mansion.
15. What does Keith say Ginny has to do?
(a) Write Richard a letter.
(b) Visit Peg's grave again.
(c) Go with him to Scotland.
(d) Go back and talk to Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piet tell Ginny about Aunt Peg's instructions?
2. Where does Ginny ride when Knud picks her up at the airport?
3. Where do Ginny and Keith spend the night?
4. What does Richard tell Ginny?
5. What brought Keith to Paris?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)