|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Piet tell Ginny about Aunt Peg's instructions?
(a) He says he is going to have her arrested.
(b) Not much.
(c) He waxes enthusiastically for an hour.
(d) He gives her some basic information.
2. What does Mrs. Knapp give Ginny the next day?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A book.
(c) An itemized bill.
(d) A coupon for a free train ride to Germany.
3. Where does her aunt say Ginny can go to get her next assignment?
(a) The Lourvre.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) The Berlinishe Cofferdam.
(d) The Museum of Revolution.
4. What is Ginny to do at a cafe?
(a) Talk to the owner about what s/he loves.
(b) Eat something delicious.
(c) Ask for a job.
(d) Have a strudel.
5. What does Carrie ask Ginny?
(a) If they can go with her to Moscow.
(b) If Keith will join her in Berlin.
(c) If they can join her in her next stop.
(d) If she thinks Peg was asking too much.
6. Why does Keith dance on a grave?
(a) He is avoiding Ginny's questions.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He feels sacrilegious.
(d) He's heard about the concept but never seen it done.
7. Over what does Carrie weep?
(a) Ginny deciding to leave.
(b) A letter she got from her mother.
(c) The loss of her passport and rail pass.
(d) A letter she got from her boyfriend.
8. What shocks Ginny about what Mrs. Knapp gives her?
(a) The subject matter of the book.
(b) The size of the bill.
(c) That Mrs. Knapp never said anything about any expenses.
(d) The cost of the bracelet.
9. Where is Ginny to take the night train to?
10. When is Ginny to go see Cecil?
(c) In two weeks.
11. What number letter does Ginny open?
12. What does Olivia do when she comes in the room?
(a) Tells Ginny about dinner.
(b) Asks Ginny about her life.
(c) Tells Ginny she wishes to have the room to herself.
(d) Puts her ipod away.
13. What does Ginny do when they are on the boat?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Gets seasick.
(c) Plays dominoes with her new friends.
(d) Opens the next envelope.
14. What do the people call Ginny when she joins them at the hostel?
(a) A pariah.
(b) A limpkin.
(c) A messenger.
(d) An albatross.
15. When does Peg decide she is done with Paris?
(a) When she has learned enough French to order breakfast.
(b) When she climbs the Eiffel Tower.
(c) When she runs out of money.
(d) When she completes the cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought Keith to Paris?
2. How does Ginny respond to Carrie's question?
3. What are Keith and Ginny unable to find in Richard's house?
4. Where is Ginny told to wait?
5. What is the name of the cafe Ginny goes to?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)