|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Aunt Peg been dead when Ginny goes to the 4th Noodle Penthouse?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
2. What do Ginny and Keith drive to his next show?
(a) A Land Rover.
(b) An ancient Mercedes.
(c) A VW.
(d) A Toyota.
3. Why is Ginny unsure when she goes to an ATM machine to get some cash?
(a) Where she is supposed to take the money.
(b) Aunt Peg was always broke.
(c) How much money she is supposed to get.
(d) Whether she really is supposed to get money out of the machine.
4. Who is Ortensia?
(a) Peg's astrologer.
(b) A priestess of the vestal vigrins.
(c) A woman Ginny meets on the train to Berlin.
(d) The woman who shows Ginny to her room.
5. What does Alice give Ginny when Ginny arrives at the 4th Noodle Penthouse?
(a) A check.
(b) A brown package.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A quilt.
6. What does Keith say he does not like?
(a) Ginny meeting people alone who she's never met before.
(b) What Ginny's aunt did.
(c) Ginny going around the world alone.
(d) The theater.
7. Who is Jittery Grande?
(a) A juggler Ginny meets on the street.
(b) A man who visits Richard.
(c) Richard's alter ego.
(d) A man who comes on the stage at Starbucks Theater.
8. Who is Keith?
(a) Richard's son.
(b) Aunt Peg's solicitor.
(c) Someone Ginny likes.
(d) Ginny's brother.
9. What does the show seem like to Ginny?
(c) Absolutely awful.
(d) Flawlessly performed but boring.
10. Who yells in Italian?
(a) A boy who comes over to where Ginny is filling her water bottle.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A nun.
(d) A tall priest.
11. What does Ginny sacrifice to the Vestal Virgins?
(a) A nail file.
(b) Her comb.
(c) A condom.
(d) A quarter.
12. What does Ginny have to do before she can open the next envelope?
(a) Make an offering to the vestal virgins.
(b) Invite her favorite friend to go with her to Zambia.
(c) Call her mother and say "I love you."
(d) Find a homeless woman and learn from her.
13. What is Ginny supposed to do with a Roman boy?
(a) Ask him to show her the Vatican.
(b) Invite him out for cake.
(c) Ask him about the Vestal Virgins.
(d) Give him a symbol of something that is important to her.
14. What is Ginny to ask if she gets lost in Harrods?
(a) For a cab back to 54a.
(b) For Mr. Murphy in Special Services.
(c) For Mrs. Wales.
(d) For a security cop.
15. What does Richard tell Ginny before he leaves?
(a) Why Aunt Peg chose her out of all her nieces.
(b) How to use the ATM in the building.
(c) Where he keeps the spare key.
(d) When Aunt Peg died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost had Keith quitting school?
2. When can Ginny open the 3rd envelope?
3. What is significant about the number of cast on stage?
4. What does Ginny enclose in her letter?
5. What surprises Ginny when they arrive at his flat?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)