|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mari Adams?
(a) Peg's idol.
(b) Peg's best friend.
(c) Peg's cousin twice removed.
(d) Ginny's cousin twice removed.
2. What can be seen in the Roman Forum?
(a) Symbols that have never been cracked.
(b) Large tiger carcasses.
(c) The remains of the statues of the Vestal Virgins.
(d) The tablets of Zeus.
3. What does Keith do before Ginny can escape?
(a) Falls off the stage and breaks his leg.
(b) Invites her to his opening performance in Paris the next week.
(c) Asks her to come up on stage.
(d) Sits beside her to question her.
4. What is Ginny's next task?
(a) To go see Mari Adams.
(b) To travel to Italy and have a fling with an Italian man.
(c) To stay in London and attend ten theater productions.
(d) To travel to Berlin to see Peg's sister.
5. What does Ginny enclose in her letter?
(a) A picture.
(c) Nothing but the letter.
(d) A program.
6. What does Ginny ask Richard at lunch?
(a) If he was involved with Aunt Peg romantically.
(b) What he sold the queen.
(c) Why he is part of Aunt Peg's game.
(d) How he met Aunt Peg.
7. What street is Ginny to find?
(c) Rue de Lafitte.
8. What does Ginny impulsively ask Keith?
(a) To go to Berlin with her.
(b) To reconnect with an old flame.
(c) To go to Scotland with her.
(d) To join the theater production.
9. What is significant about the number of cast on stage?
(a) They outnumbered the audience.
(b) They all had the same zodiac sign.
(c) They were all men.
(d) They were all the same age.
10. When can Ginny open the 3rd envelope?
(a) When she leaves Italy.
(b) When she leaves France.
(c) When she receives the answer to the question she asks at 54a.
(d) When she turns 22.
11. What almost had Keith quitting school?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) His girlfriend got pregnant.
(c) His brother is killed.
(d) His father was ill.
12. What does Aunt Peg's next letter discuss?
(a) A Russian ballerina.
(b) The fact that she'll always be watching over Ginny.
(c) The joy of dying without fear.
(d) The power all women have.
13. What does Keith ask Ginny as they are leaving Mari's?
(a) If she plans to go to Prague now.
(b) Why she likes him.
(c) Why she invited him to come with her.
(d) What is going on with Ginny.
14. Where is Keith taking his show?
15. What does Ginny find on the metro station map?
(a) A stop marked Coliseum.
(b) There are four colors of lines.
(c) A stop marked Vatican.
(d) A stop marked Vestal Virgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mari tell Ginny?
2. What surprises Ginny when they arrive at his flat?
3. Where is Ginny's first stop?
4. Where does Richard suggest they meet for lunch?
5. Why does Ginny go to Covent Gardens?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)