|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XCI - C.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XI, what predator does Neruda use to describe himself?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A lion.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A puma.
2. In Sonnet I, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde's name?
(a) A rock.
(b) A plant.
(c) A wine.
(d) A castle.
3. In Sonnet XCI, what does Neruda give Matilde that "fills with years like a swelling cluster of fruit?"
(a) His poems.
(b) His life.
(c) Her identity.
(d) Their plans for the future.
4. In Sonnet XVI, Neruda relates Matilde's body to which object?
(a) The whole countryside.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) The entire universe.
(d) A forest.
5. What does Neruda look for in Sonnet XI?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Matilde's home.
(c) Isla Negra.
(d) Matilde's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neruda propose he and Matilde do at the end of Sonnet LXXVIII?
2. In Sonnet XCII, what does Neruda say has no birth and no death, and will therefore last forever?
3. In Sonnet LXX, which of Neruda's emotions is revealed after he is wounded?
4. In Sonnet XXIII, what flower does Neruda say is "smearing around its bruised secrets?"
5. In Sonnet LXXI, what human feature does Neruda describe the earth as having?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)