|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XCI - C.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet V, Neruda relates Matilde's hips to what object?
(a) Wheat in its fields.
(b) Barley in its fields.
(c) Lilies in a valley.
(d) Trees in a forest.
2. What is Matilde doing in Sonnet LXXX?
(a) Taking photos.
(d) Playing guitar.
3. What is the painter in Sonnet LXXVI painting?
(a) The jungle.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Isla Negra.
4. In Sonnet XCV, what does Neruda describe as "the light that endures," and as a "irrevocable delicate thorn?"
(a) The beauty of life.
(b) He and Matilde, and the love they share.
(c) The power of death.
5. When Neruda returns to Matilde in Sonnet LXXX, where had he been?
(a) He had been at the tavern.
(b) He had been sending a letter.
(c) He had been traveling.
(d) He had been at the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet LIV, what two things does Neruda describe as being "like two wings?"
2. In Sonnet XXX, Neruda says that Matilde has hair as thick as what kind of tree?
3. In Sonnet XXXIV, what does Neruda say can "push back the shadows" and enable Matilde to sleep?
4. In Sonnet LXXIV, Neruda describes a road that is "wet with the waters" of what month?
5. What concept of time does Neruda decide to focus on in Sonnet XLIX?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)