|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neruda plead with Matilde not to do in Sonnet XLV?
(a) Be angry with him.
(c) Criticize herself.
(d) Leave him.
2. In Sonnet XLIX, what does Neruda NOT say that he sings to?
(a) The planets.
(b) The moon.
(c) The birds.
(d) The sea.
3. In Sonnet XXXII, what starts the morning with "its truths scrambled" and that "drifts like a poor little boat?"
(a) The city.
(b) The sea.
(c) The sun.
(d) The house.
4. In Sonnet XXXIV, what does Neruda say can "push back the shadows" and enable Matilde to sleep?
(a) The silence of the wilderness.
(b) Neruda's arms.
(c) The sound of the sea.
(d) Neruda's voice.
5. What does Neruda look for in Sonnet XI?
(a) Isla Negra.
(b) Matilde's body.
(c) A love letter.
(d) Matilde's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Neruda returns to Matilde in Sonnet LXXX, where had he been?
2. What does Neruda propose he and Matilde do at the end of Sonnet LXXVIII?
3. In Sonnet XVIII, Neruda says that Matilde moves through the mountains as swiftly as what two objects?
4. In Sonnet XLII, what does Neruda say shields the earth from daylight?
5. In Sonnet XXVII, Neruda says that Matilde is "as blue as the night" of what country?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)