|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnets I through X, what flower does Neruda include in his poems' images?
(a) A carnation.
(b) An iris.
(c) A sunflower.
(d) A rose.
2. In Sonnet XL, what is Matilde doing while Neruda watches her from his house?
(b) Swimming in the ocean.
(c) Picking flowers.
(d) Walking on the beach.
3. In Sonnet XIII, what phrase does Neruda insist does NOT describe Matilde?
(a) "Burning gold."
(b) "Purple shadow."
(c) "Chilly silver."
(d) "Pale fire."
4. In Sonnet LXVI, what is the reason Neruda says he will die?
(a) Because he can not love Matilde.
(b) Because his heart has broken.
(c) Because he loves Matilde.
(d) Because he is so selfish.
5. What is the painter in Sonnet LXXVI painting?
(a) The ocean.
(c) Isla Negra.
(d) The jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet LI, Matilde's laugh reminds Neruda of what kind of tree?
2. What does Neruda propose he and Matilde do at the end of Sonnet LXXVIII?
3. In Sonnet II, what ultimately brings Neruda and Matilde together?
4. In Sonnet LXXVIII, what does Neruda say he has fought against?
5. In Sonnet XXV, what phrase do "rough warehouses" growl at Neruda?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)