|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XV, what does Neruda say Matilde is made out of?
2. In Sonnet XXX, what is the lost object that Neruda says no one will retrieve?
(a) His heart.
(b) His passion.
(c) His voice.
(d) His spirit.
3. In Sonnet XXV, what phrase do "rough warehouses" growl at Neruda?
(a) "Go away."
(b) "Give up."
(c) "You are nothing."
(d) "Get lost."
4. In Sonnet XXX, Neruda says that Matilde has hair as thick as what kind of tree?
(a) A larch.
(b) An oak.
(c) A banyan.
(d) A pine.
5. In Sonnet LVI, what word does Neruda say fills the world with doves?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XLVIII, what does Neruda say two happy lovers make?
2. In Sonnet XLI, what does Neruda hint will bring an end to the "rough times" he describes?
3. What does Neruda propose he and Matilde do at the end of Sonnet LXXVIII?
4. In Sonnet VII, what does Neruda say he can see in Matilde's life?
5. In Sonnet LIII, what does Neruda say "fly and make their white creations?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)