|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXI - LXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet VI, Neruda is lost in a forest and breaks off a twig, hoping for some moisture to ease his thirst. What effect does the twig's scent have on him?
(a) The scent of the twig makes him homesick.
(b) The scent of the twig wounds him.
(c) The scent of the twig makes him angry.
(d) The scent of the twig makes him more thirsty.
2. In Sonnet XXXIX, which of Matilde's skills does Neruda admire?
(a) Her gardening.
(b) Her cleaning.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her sewing.
3. In Sonnet XIV, which of Matilde's features does Neruda say he does not have time to celebrate?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hips.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her hair.
4. In Sonnet XXXVI, what does Neruda like watching Matilde do in her "miniature empire?"
5. What is the name of the friend Neruda mentions in Sonnet L?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet LVI, what does Neruda say is exhausted by his songs?
2. In Sonnet XIII, what food does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
3. In Sonnet XIX, what insect does Neruda watch and contemplate?
4. In Sonnet XXXIII, where are Neruda and Matilde going when they traverse "the crackling sea?"
5. In Sonnet XXXI, where do Neruda and Matilde wander "like other country people?"
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)