|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXI - LXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnets I through X, what flower does Neruda include in his poems' images?
(a) An iris.
(b) A rose.
(c) A sunflower.
(d) A carnation.
2. In his dedication, Neruda says that poets before him have written sonnets whose rhymes are like crystal or cannon fire. What does Neruda say his poems are made of?
3. In Sonnet XIII, what phrase does Neruda insist does NOT describe Matilde?
(a) "Chilly silver."
(b) "Purple shadow."
(c) "Burning gold."
(d) "Pale fire."
4. In Sonnet XIII, what food does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
5. In Sonnet LI, Neruda describes Matilde as what landmark?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A river.
(c) A tree.
(d) A volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XLII, what does Neruda NOT use to describe daylight?
2. In Sonnet XVII, what does Neruda say about the way he loves Matilde?
3. In Sonnet XXXIX, which of Matilde's skills does Neruda admire?
4. What does Neruda mention in Sonnet XXXVII as being the "only" thing that Matilde could use to conquer him?
5. In Sonnet XLIX, what does Neruda NOT say that he sings to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)