|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI - L.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XV, Neruda says that Matilde is as firm as what two items?
(a) Mountain and boulder.
(b) Rock and tree.
(c) Flesh and bone.
(d) Bread and wood.
2. In Sonnet VII, what does Neruda say he can see in Matilde's life?
(a) Everything that is good.
(b) The past.
(c) Everything that lives.
(d) The future.
3. In Sonnet I, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde's name?
(a) A wine.
(b) A rock.
(c) A plant.
(d) A castle.
4. In Sonnet XIII, what food does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
5. In Sonnet XVIII, Neruda says that Matilde moves through the mountains as swiftly as what two objects?
(a) A whisper and a prayer.
(b) A puma and a bird.
(c) A breeze and a stream.
(d) A river and an arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XI, what predator does Neruda use to describe himself?
2. In Sonnet XXXIII, where are Neruda and Matilde going when they traverse "the crackling sea?"
3. In Sonnet XII, what does Neruda describe by relating it to a journey?
4. In Sonnet X, what is Matilde doing as Neruda admires her beauty?
5. In Sonnet XXIX, where is Matilde born?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)