|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI - L.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XXXI, what two plants does Neruda use to crown Matilde?
(a) Laurel and roses.
(b) Laurel and oregano.
(c) Orange blossoms and lilies.
(d) Vines and lilies.
2. What does Neruda look for in Sonnet XI?
(a) Isla Negra.
(b) A love letter.
(c) Matilde's home.
(d) Matilde's body.
3. In Sonnet X, what is Matilde doing as Neruda admires her beauty?
(a) Walking near the ocean.
(b) Bathing in the sun.
(c) Sleeping in the grass.
(d) Reading beneath a tree.
4. In Sonnet XXXIII, where are Neruda and Matilde going when they traverse "the crackling sea?"
(a) To Chile.
(b) To Germany.
(c) To their home.
(d) To Italy.
5. In Sonnet XXXII, what starts the morning with "its truths scrambled" and that "drifts like a poor little boat?"
(a) The sea.
(b) The city.
(c) The house.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet III, what words does Neruda use to describe love?
2. In Sonnet XL, what month does Neruda say "trembled like a butterfly?"
3. In Sonnet XV, what does Neruda say Matilde is made out of?
4. In Sonnet XXVI, which of Matilde's qualities does Neruda say the earth has imitated?
5. In Sonnet XLII, what does Neruda say shields the earth from daylight?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)