|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI - L.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet VII, what does Neruda say he can see in Matilde's life?
(a) The future.
(b) Everything that is good.
(c) The past.
(d) Everything that lives.
2. In Sonnet XLVIII, what does Neruda say two happy lovers make?
(b) A song.
3. In Sonnet VI, Neruda is lost in a forest and breaks off a twig, hoping for some moisture to ease his thirst. What effect does the twig's scent have on him?
(a) The scent of the twig makes him more thirsty.
(b) The scent of the twig makes him angry.
(c) The scent of the twig makes him homesick.
(d) The scent of the twig wounds him.
4. In Sonnet XVII, what does Neruda say about the way he loves Matilde?
(a) He loves her because of her intense beauty.
(b) He loves her because he was born to do so.
(c) He loves her without knowing how or why he does so.
(d) He loves her because they were made for each other.
5. In Sonnet XV, Neruda says that Matilde is as firm as what two items?
(a) Flesh and bone.
(b) Mountain and boulder.
(c) Bread and wood.
(d) Rock and tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XXXVIII, Neruda says that Matilde's house sounds like what object?
2. In Sonnet III, what words does Neruda use to describe love?
3. In Sonnet XXVII, Neruda describes Matilde as being as simple as what object?
4. In Sonnet XLV, what will Neruda do if Matilde ever leaves his side?
5. In Sonnet XXVIII, what sprouts in Neruda and Matilde's "stable place?"
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)