|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XLI - L.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XLIII, where does Neruda look for similarities to Matilde and her appearance?
(a) In himself.
(b) In other women.
(c) In nature.
(d) In the sea.
2. In Sonnet XXVI, which of Matilde's qualities does Neruda say the earth has imitated?
(a) Her humility.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her power.
3. In Sonnet XV, what does Neruda say Matilde is made out of?
4. In Sonnet XV, Neruda says that Matilde is as firm as what two items?
(a) Bread and wood.
(b) Rock and tree.
(c) Mountain and boulder.
(d) Flesh and bone.
5. In Sonnet VII, Neruda's lover finally returns his love. What image does Neruda use to describe his feelings after his love is returned?
(a) A dove.
(b) A sunbeam.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A geyser.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XL, what is Matilde doing while Neruda watches her from his house?
2. In Sonnet XLVIII, what does Neruda say two happy lovers make?
3. Why does Neruda state that he does not love Matilde in Sonnet XLIV?
4. In Sonnet V, Neruda relates Matilde's hips to what object?
5. In Sonnet XIX, what is Matilde doing before she returns to "the world full of salt and sun?"
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)