|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet III, what words does Neruda use to describe love?
2. In Sonnet XXIV, describes the clouds and what "triumphant" group of people?
3. In Sonnet XXIX, where is Matilde born?
(a) The "dark North."
(b) The "quiet East."
(c) The "poor South."
(d) The "rich South."
4. In Sonnets I through X, what flower does Neruda include in his poems' images?
(a) An iris.
(b) A carnation.
(c) A rose.
(d) A sunflower.
5. In Sonnet VII, Neruda's lover finally returns his love. What image does Neruda use to describe his feelings after his love is returned?
(a) A sunbeam.
(b) A geyser.
(c) A dove.
(d) A volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet X ,what word does Neruda use to describe Matilde's beauty?
2. In Sonnet XXI, what season does Neruda say he does not want to go "one moment more without?"
3. In Sonnet VII, what does Neruda say reminds him of Matilde's eyes?
4. In Sonnet X, what object does Neruda NOT use as a metaphor for Matilde's beauty?
5. In Sonnet XVII, what does Neruda say about the way he loves Matilde?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)