|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XXV, what phrase do "rough warehouses" growl at Neruda?
(a) "Go away."
(b) "Give up."
(c) "Get lost."
(d) "You are nothing."
2. Which image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde in Sonnet XXIX?
(a) A clay horse.
(b) Dark mud.
(c) A queen.
(d) A clay poppy.
3. In Sonnet XIX, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe the insect he watches?
(a) A needle.
(b) A spike.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A thief.
4. In Sonnet XXII, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde?
(a) A wildfire.
(b) A queen.
(c) A star.
(d) A guitar.
5. In Sonnet X ,what word does Neruda use to describe Matilde's beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XIII, what food does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
2. In Sonnet XX, what phrase does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
3. Which country is NOT mentioned in Sonnet XXVI?
4. In Sonnet XX, what two opposing concepts does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
5. In Sonnet XVIII, Neruda says that Matilde moves through the mountains as swiftly as what two objects?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)