|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XXX, what is the lost object that Neruda says no one will retrieve?
(a) His heart.
(b) His spirit.
(c) His voice.
(d) His passion.
2. In Sonnet XIV, which of Matilde's features does Neruda say he does not have time to celebrate?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hips.
(d) Her neck.
3. In Sonnet XVII, what does Neruda say about the way he loves Matilde?
(a) He loves her because they were made for each other.
(b) He loves her because he was born to do so.
(c) He loves her without knowing how or why he does so.
(d) He loves her because of her intense beauty.
4. In Sonnet XI, what predator does Neruda use to describe himself?
(a) A lion.
(b) A puma.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A leopard.
5. In Sonnet II, Neruda laments that his path to Matilde has been long and lonely. What two obstacles does Neruda say divide him and Matilde?
(a) Oceans and ships.
(b) Trains and nations.
(c) Rivers and mountains.
(d) Anger and loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is a prominent motif in Sonnet XXIV?
2. In Sonnet XXII, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde?
3. In Sonnet II, what ultimately brings Neruda and Matilde together?
4. In Sonnet XXI, what does Neruda tell Matilde is the reason he cries in his sleep?
5. In Sonnet XXVII, Neruda describes Matilde as being as simple as what object?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)