|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XXX, Neruda says that Matilde has hair as thick as what kind of tree?
(a) A larch.
(b) An oak.
(c) A pine.
(d) A banyan.
2. In Sonnet III, Neruda compares "Bitter love" to what two objects?
(a) A drink and a broken glass.
(b) Knives and a lion.
(c) A hole and a trap.
(d) Thorns and a spear.
3. In Sonnet XVII, what does Neruda say about the way he loves Matilde?
(a) He loves her because he was born to do so.
(b) He loves her because of her intense beauty.
(c) He loves her without knowing how or why he does so.
(d) He loves her because they were made for each other.
4. In Sonnet XII, what does Neruda describe by relating it to a journey?
(a) Neruda and Matilde's developing relationship.
(b) Neruda and Matilde's lovemaking.
(c) Neruda and Matilde's slowly growing family.
(d) Neruda and Matilde's conversations.
5. In Sonnet XXI, what season does Neruda say he does not want to go "one moment more without?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XXV, what phrase do "rough warehouses" growl at Neruda?
2. In Sonnet IV, what are some "Gifts from the earth" Neruda asks Matilde to remember?
3. In Sonnet XIX, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe the insect he watches?
4. In Sonnet XXIV, describes the clouds and what "triumphant" group of people?
5. In Sonnet V, Neruda relates Matilde's hips to what object?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)