|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XI - XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neruda look for in Sonnet XI?
(a) Matilde's home.
(b) A love letter.
(c) Isla Negra.
(d) Matilde's body.
2. In his dedication, Neruda says that poets before him have written sonnets whose rhymes are like crystal or cannon fire. What does Neruda say his poems are made of?
3. In Sonnet XII, what does Neruda describe by relating it to a journey?
(a) Neruda and Matilde's lovemaking.
(b) Neruda and Matilde's developing relationship.
(c) Neruda and Matilde's conversations.
(d) Neruda and Matilde's slowly growing family.
4. In Sonnet V, Neruda relates Matilde's hips to what object?
(a) Lilies in a valley.
(b) Trees in a forest.
(c) Wheat in its fields.
(d) Barley in its fields.
5. In Sonnet V, what does Neruda say he forgot about Matilde before he was in love with her?
(a) Matilde's hips.
(b) Matilde's laugh.
(c) Matilde's kisses.
(d) Matilde's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XIII, what food does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
2. In Sonnet VII, Neruda's lover finally returns his love. What image does Neruda use to describe his feelings after his love is returned?
3. In Sonnet I, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde's name?
4. In Sonnet IV, what are some "Gifts from the earth" Neruda asks Matilde to remember?
5. In Sonnet XVII, what does Neruda imply about the relationship between himself and Matilde?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)