|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXXI - XC.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet LXXVIII, what does Neruda say he has fought against?
2. According to Sonnet LXII, what is the only thing that Neruda and Matilde want and which is overshadowed by others?
(a) They only want to love each other.
(b) They want their families' approval.
(c) They want to live alone on Isla Negra.
(d) They want their life to be simple.
3. In Sonnet X ,what word does Neruda use to describe Matilde's beauty?
4. In Sonnet LXXI, what human feature does Neruda describe the earth as having?
5. In Sonnet VII, what does Neruda say reminds him of Matilde's eyes?
(a) The moon, clay and fire.
(b) Carnations, clay and trees.
(c) The ocean, mist and clouds.
(d) The stars, the ocean and birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is NOT mentioned in Sonnet XXVI?
2. In Sonnet XXII, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde?
3. In Sonnet XXXVIII, what historic poet appears wearing his "quiet sandals?"
4. In Sonnet XL, what is Matilde doing while Neruda watches her from his house?
5. In Sonnet LXXXI, what does Neruda urge Matilde to do?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)