|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XIII, what phrase does Neruda insist does NOT describe Matilde?
(a) "Chilly silver."
(b) "Pale fire."
(c) "Burning gold."
(d) "Purple shadow."
2. In Sonnet X, what object does Neruda NOT use as a metaphor for Matilde's beauty?
3. In Sonnet X ,what word does Neruda use to describe Matilde's beauty?
4. In Sonnet XXIV, describes the clouds and what "triumphant" group of people?
5. In Sonnet XV, what does Neruda say Matilde is made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XIV, what does Neruda say Italians call Matilde?
2. In Sonnet XX, what two opposing concepts does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
3. In Sonnet XXV, which of Matilde's qualities does Neruda say "filled the autumn plentiful with gifts?"
4. In Sonnet I, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde's name?
5. In Sonnet XIX, what is Matilde doing before she returns to "the world full of salt and sun?"
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)