|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XXVIII, what sprouts in Neruda and Matilde's "stable place?"
2. In Sonnet XXX, what is the lost object that Neruda says no one will retrieve?
(a) His heart.
(b) His spirit.
(c) His passion.
(d) His voice.
3. In Sonnet III, what words does Neruda use to describe love?
4. In Sonnet VI, Neruda is lost in a forest and breaks off a twig, hoping for some moisture to ease his thirst. What effect does the twig's scent have on him?
(a) The scent of the twig makes him homesick.
(b) The scent of the twig wounds him.
(c) The scent of the twig makes him angry.
(d) The scent of the twig makes him more thirsty.
5. In Sonnet X, what object does Neruda NOT use as a metaphor for Matilde's beauty?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XXI, what season does Neruda say he does not want to go "one moment more without?"
2. In Sonnet XX, what two opposing concepts does Neruda use to describe Matilde?
3. In Sonnet VII, what does Neruda say he can see in Matilde's life?
4. In Sonnet XIII, what phrase does Neruda insist does NOT describe Matilde?
5. In Sonnet XVI, Neruda relates Matilde's body to which object?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)