|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LI - LX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet XIV, which of Matilde's features does Neruda say he does not have time to celebrate?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hips.
2. What does Neruda look for in Sonnet XI?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Isla Negra.
(c) Matilde's body.
(d) Matilde's home.
3. In Sonnet XXX, Neruda says that Matilde has hair as thick as what kind of tree?
(a) A pine.
(b) A larch.
(c) A banyan.
(d) An oak.
4. In Sonnet LI, Neruda describes Matilde as what landmark?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A river.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tree.
5. In Sonnet L, what aspect of Matilde does Neruda say "drops like a hawk from a stony tower?"
(a) Her dancing.
(b) Her laughter.
(c) Her singing.
(d) Her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the river in Sonnet XLIX signify?
2. In Sonnet XIX, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe the insect he watches?
3. In Sonnet XXV, what phrase do "rough warehouses" growl at Neruda?
4. In Sonnet LIII, what does Neruda say "fly and make their white creations?"
5. In Sonnet XXVII, Neruda says that Matilde is "as blue as the night" of what country?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)