|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sonnet LXXVIII, what does Neruda say he has fought against?
2. In Sonnet XLI, what month does Neruda associate with "rough times?"
3. What color is a prominent motif in Sonnet XXIV?
4. In Sonnet XXV, which of Matilde's qualities does Neruda say "filled the autumn plentiful with gifts?"
(a) Her beauty and her poverty.
(b) Her humility and her serenity.
(c) Her patience and her goodness.
(d) Her pride and her beauty.
5. What does Neruda plead with Matilde not to do in Sonnet XLV?
(a) Be angry with him.
(c) Criticize herself.
(d) Leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet LXXIV, Neruda describes a road that is "wet with the waters" of what month?
2. In Sonnet XXII, what image does Neruda NOT use to describe Matilde?
3. What is the painter in Sonnet LXXVI painting?
4. In Sonnet L, what does Neruda encourage Matilde to do?
5. When Neruda returns to Matilde in Sonnet LXXX, where had he been?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)