|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Neruda use in Sonnet XLVII to describe Matilde?
(a) A fruit tree.
(b) A simple rose.
(c) A lioness.
(d) A locked door.
2. In Sonnet XLVI, what is the "one wave" Neruda chooses?
(a) His heart.
(c) Isla Negra.
(d) His poetry.
3. In Sonnet LXXVIII, what does Neruda say he has fought against?
4. In Sonnet XLV, what will Neruda do if Matilde ever leaves his side?
(a) Wander the earth looking for her.
(b) Become insane with grief.
(c) Stop writing poetry.
(d) Die from loneliness.
5. In Sonnet XLII, what does Neruda NOT use to describe daylight?
(a) A yellow rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is described in Sonnet LXXIX?
2. In Sonnet LXXVII, what does time sprinkle in Matilde's heart?
3. In Sonnet LXXIX, what does Neruda describe as "a double drum in the forest, pounding against the thick wall of wet leaves?"
4. In Sonnet XXX, Neruda says that Matilde has hair as thick as what kind of tree?
5. Which country is NOT mentioned in Sonnet XXVI?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)