|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Neruda returns to Matilde in Sonnet LXXX, where had he been?
(a) He had been at the tavern.
(b) He had been traveling.
(c) He had been sending a letter.
(d) He had been at the beach.
2. In Sonnet L, what does Neruda encourage Matilde to do?
3. In Sonnet LXXI, Neruda says that love is like what kind of city?
(a) An abandoned city.
(b) A destroyed city.
(c) A crowded city.
(d) A lunatic city.
4. What concept of time does Neruda decide to focus on in Sonnet XLIX?
(d) The future.
5. What is the house in Sonnet LXXV doing when Neruda and Matilde return to it?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XLII, what does Neruda say shields the earth from daylight?
2. In Sonnet XLIX, what does Neruda NOT say that he sings to?
3. In Sonnet XXVII, Neruda says that Matilde is "as blue as the night" of what country?
4. What is the name of the painter that Neruda describes in Sonnet LXXVI?
5. Which country is NOT mentioned in Sonnet XXVI?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)