|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Neruda state that he does not love Matilde in Sonnet XLIV?
(a) So he can love her more in the future.
(b) Because he can not grasp her beauty.
(c) Because she is too complex to love fully.
(d) So she can remain an individual.
2. In Sonnet XLIII, where does Neruda look for similarities to Matilde and her appearance?
(a) In other women.
(b) In the sea.
(c) In nature.
(d) In himself.
3. What object does Neruda use in Sonnet XLVII to describe Matilde?
(a) A locked door.
(b) A lioness.
(c) A simple rose.
(d) A fruit tree.
4. In Sonnet XLVI, what is the "one wave" Neruda chooses?
(a) His heart.
(c) Isla Negra.
(d) His poetry.
5. In Sonnet LXXVIII, what does Neruda say he has fought against?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sonnet XLIX, what does Neruda NOT say that he sings to?
2. In Sonnet XLVIII, what does Neruda say two happy lovers make?
3. When Neruda returns to Matilde in Sonnet LXXX, where had he been?
4. In Sonnet LXXIX, what does Neruda describe as "a double drum in the forest, pounding against the thick wall of wet leaves?"
5. In Sonnet XXIX, where is Matilde born?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)