|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
2. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Throw him from the battlements.
(b) Behead him.
(c) Run him over with horses.
(d) Stone him.
3. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
4. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
2. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
3. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
5. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)