|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(a) Slaves and concubines.
(b) Stable hands.
(d) Nurses and nannies.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
3. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
5. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(b) Jumping from the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
2. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
3. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
4. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
5. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)