|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A harvest festival.
(b) A moon festival.
(c) A religious rite.
(d) A bacchanal rite.
2. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(b) The nurse.
(d) The priest.
3. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a young man.
(b) As a wise man.
(c) As a strong man.
(d) As an old man.
4. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) At the temple.
(b) At the house.
(c) On the road.
(d) At the cliffs.
5. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(c) A god.
(d) The Fates.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
2. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
3. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
5. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)