|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Animals and children.
(b) Virginity and chastity.
(c) Hope and wisdom.
(d) Food and prosperity.
2. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and Pheres.
(b) Heracles and the chorus.
(c) The children.
(d) The kingdom.
4. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can kill Creon.
(b) How he can live as a king.
(c) How he can get to Jason.
(d) How he can get children.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
(a) For secret rites.
(b) To worship with it.
(c) To shine it.
(d) To cleanse it.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
2. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
3. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)