|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Aegisthus married Electra to the peasant so she cannot have what?
(a) Noble children.
(c) A good life.
(d) His throne.
2. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the wife to die.
(b) For the childrento die.
(c) For the slaves to die.
(d) For the servants to die.
3. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her cook.
(c) Her handmaiden.
(d) Her nurse.
5. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want to live anymore.
(b) She does not want her husband to die.
(c) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(d) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
2. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
3. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
4. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
5. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)