|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
2. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the table.
(b) At the steps.
(c) At the statue.
(d) At the altar.
3. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
4. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(b) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
5. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Stands next to Electra.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
2. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
3. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
4. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
5. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)