|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her husband to die.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(d) She does not want to live anymore.
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
3. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
4. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
(a) A barbarian.
(b) A learned man.
(c) A non-Athenian.
(d) A stranger.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A herdsman.
(d) A merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
3. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
4. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
5. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)