|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
(b) Runs away.
(d) Stands next to Electra.
2. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her nurse.
(b) Her handmaiden.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her cook.
3. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Stone him.
(b) Throw him from the battlements.
(c) Behead him.
(d) Run him over with horses.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
5. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a young man.
(b) As a strong man.
(c) As an old man.
(d) As a wise man.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
4. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
5. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)