|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Iphigenia Among Taurians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) A god.
(d) The Fates.
2. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
3. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Creon's sister.
(c) Creon's aunt.
(d) Creon's niece.
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's uncle.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's nephew.
(d) Phaedra's grandson.
5. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
(a) At the altar.
(b) At the table.
(c) At the statue.
(d) At the steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
2. "Electra":, Why has Electra's husband not slept with her?
3. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
4. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)