|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The retainer.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The slave.
(d) The servant.
2. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His niece.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
3. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(d) The sea.
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(b) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(d) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
4. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
5. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)