|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of knowledge.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of strength.
2. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A moon festival.
(b) A bacchanal rite.
(c) A religious rite.
(d) A harvest festival.
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
2. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
3. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
4. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
5. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)