|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
(d) The riverside.
4. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not build her a temple.
(b) He will not talk to her.
(c) He will not worship her.
(d) He will not love her.
5. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Make Hermione his lover.
(b) Marry Hermione.
(c) Make Hermione his slave.
(d) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
2. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
5. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)