|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sparta.
(b) In Sicily.
(c) In Athens.
(d) In Macedonia.
3. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is shameful.
(b) That it is impossible.
(c) That it is not her own.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
4. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
(a) The priestess.
(b) The god.
(c) The oracle.
(d) The chorus.
5. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The children.
(b) Heracles and the chorus.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) Heracles and Pheres.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
2. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
3. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
4. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)