|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
(b) Pay money.
(c) Sing a song.
(d) Make a sacrifice.
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To put her affairs in order.
(b) To help her sons adjust.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To gather her things.
4. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
2. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
3. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
4. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
5. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)