|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Abandon her children.
(b) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill everyone in her house.
2. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
(a) A commoner.
(b) A friend.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An attendant.
3. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The servant.
(c) The slave.
(d) The retainer.
4. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To help her sons adjust.
(b) To say goodbye to Jason.
(c) To gather her things.
(d) To put her affairs in order.
5. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a young man.
(b) As a strong man.
(c) As an old man.
(d) As a wise man.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
2. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
3. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
4. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
5. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)