|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) His cane.
(b) A crown.
(c) His sword.
(d) A tree branch.
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of knowledge.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of strength.
3. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
4. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(b) She does not want to live anymore.
(c) She does not want her husband to die.
(d) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
5. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
2. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
3. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
4. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
5. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)