|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Creon's niece.
(c) Creon's sister.
(d) Creon's aunt.
2. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(c) The priestess.
3. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
(a) A nurse.
(b) An attendant.
(c) A friend.
(d) A commoner.
4. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get to Jason.
(b) How he can kill Creon.
(c) How he can get children.
(d) How he can live as a king.
5. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A beach.
(b) A cave.
(c) A river.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
2. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
3. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
4. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
5. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)