|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(c) Waging war.
(d) Playing the lyre.
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's grandson.
(b) Phaedra's uncle.
(c) Phaedra's stepson.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her handmaiden.
(c) Her nurse.
(d) Her cook.
4. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not love her.
(b) He will not worship her.
(c) He will not talk to her.
(d) He will not build her a temple.
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
2. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
3. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
4. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
5. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)