|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's daughter.
(b) Creon's aunt.
(c) Creon's niece.
(d) Creon's sister.
2. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(b) Jumping from the roof.
3. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
4. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With a sword.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a horse.
(d) With an accident.
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(b) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(c) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(d) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Andromache": Where is Andromache from?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)