|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To gather her things.
(b) To put her affairs in order.
(c) To help her sons adjust.
(d) To say goodbye to Jason.
2. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(c) The general.
(d) Creon's manservant.
3. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(c) The Fates.
(d) A god.
4. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(a) The priest.
(c) The nurse.
5. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
2. "Medea": Who is Medea?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
5. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)