|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's sister.
(b) Creon's aunt.
(c) Creon's daughter.
(d) Creon's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
3. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
4. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
5. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)