|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the wife to die.
(b) For the servants to die.
(c) For the slaves to die.
(d) For the childrento die.
3. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
(b) Kill everyone in her house.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Abandon her children.
4. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) Love for his sons.
(b) A home and money.
(c) A place to go.
(d) A father for his sons.
5. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A harvest festival.
(b) A religious rite.
(c) A moon festival.
(d) A bacchanal rite.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
2. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
3. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
5. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)