|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
2. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Hope and wisdom.
(b) Food and prosperity.
(c) Virginity and chastity.
(d) Animals and children.
3. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) On the road.
(b) At the cliffs.
(c) At the temple.
(d) At the house.
4. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) Love for his sons.
(b) A father for his sons.
(c) A home and money.
(d) A place to go.
5. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
(b) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
2. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
3. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
4. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
5. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)