|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's stepson.
(b) Phaedra's grandson.
(c) Phaedra's nephew.
(d) Phaedra's uncle.
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The children.
(b) The kingdom.
(c) Heracles and Pheres.
(d) Heracles and the chorus.
4. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
5. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A basket.
(b) An ark.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bassinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
2. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
3. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)