|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Hope and wisdom.
(c) Animals and children.
(d) Food and prosperity.
2. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want to live anymore.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want her husband to die.
(d) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
3. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) His cane.
(b) His sword.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A crown.
4. "Andromache": Who is Hermione?
(a) Princess of Delphi.
(b) Princess of Athens.
(c) Princess of Troy.
(d) Princess of Sparta.
5. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
4. "Andromache": Where is Andromache from?
5. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)