|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
2. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not love her.
(b) He will not talk to her.
(c) He will not build her a temple.
(d) He will not worship her.
3. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(b) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(c) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(d) Jason's new wife and Creon.
5. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(b) She does not want to live anymore.
(c) She does not want her husband to die.
(d) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
2. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
3. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
4. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
5. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)