|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(d) The sea.
2. "Andromache": Who snatches the sword from Hermione before she can kill herself?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The priestess.
(c) The servant.
(d) The handmaiden.
3. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek priestess.
(b) A non-Greek priestess.
(c) A Greek sorceress.
(d) A non-Greek sorceress.
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Leave the children.
(b) Go mad.
(d) Hire a nanny.
5. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
2. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
4. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
5. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)