|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
3. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(d) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(c) Leave the children.
(d) Go mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
2. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
4. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
5. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)