|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To say goodbye to Jason.
(b) To gather her things.
(c) To put her affairs in order.
(d) To help her sons adjust.
2. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The cook.
(b) The butler.
(c) The handmaiden.
(d) The gardener.
3. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a wise man.
(b) As an old man.
(c) As a young man.
(d) As a strong man.
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her nurse.
5. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sicily.
(b) In Macedonia.
(c) In Sparta.
(d) In Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
2. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
3. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
4. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
5. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)