|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(c) Creon's manservant.
(d) The general.
2. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
3. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
4. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(a) The nurse.
(d) The priest.
5. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the servants to die.
(b) For the slaves to die.
(c) For the childrento die.
(d) For the wife to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
2. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)