|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Food and prosperity.
(b) Hope and wisdom.
(c) Animals and children.
(d) Virginity and chastity.
2. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(d) The sea.
3. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the wife to die.
(b) For the slaves to die.
(c) For the childrento die.
(d) For the servants to die.
4. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) His sword.
(b) A crown.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) His cane.
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His niece.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
4. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)