|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(d) Jason's new wife and Creon.
2. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Make Hermione his slave.
(b) Make Hermione his lover.
(c) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(d) Marry Hermione.
3. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(b) The priest.
(c) The nurse.
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
5. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
2. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
3. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
5. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)