|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of strength.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of knowledge.
(d) The value of friendship.
2. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's aunt.
(b) Creon's daughter.
(c) Creon's sister.
(d) Creon's niece.
3. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) His sword.
(b) A crown.
(c) His cane.
(d) A tree branch.
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Go mad.
(c) Leave the children.
(d) Hire a nanny.
5. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The children.
(b) Heracles and the chorus.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) Heracles and Pheres.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
3. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)