|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to live as mothers to children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
2. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
(a) A friend.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A commoner.
(d) An attendant.
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her nurse.
4. "Andromache": Whom was Hermione supposed to marry?
5. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
3. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
4. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)