|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
2. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's sister.
(b) Creon's niece.
(c) Creon's daughter.
(d) Creon's aunt.
3. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
4. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek sorceress.
(b) A Greek priestess.
(c) A non-Greek sorceress.
(d) A non-Greek priestess.
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
2. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
3. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)