|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Marry Hermione.
(b) Make Hermione his lover.
(c) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(d) Make Hermione his slave.
2. "Andromache": Of whom is Andromache a widow?
3. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Hope and wisdom.
(c) Food and prosperity.
(d) Animals and children.
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The shepherd.
(d) The priestess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
3. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)