|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Andromache.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
2. "Andromache": Who snatches the sword from Hermione before she can kill herself?
(a) The priestess.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The servant.
3. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek sorceress.
(b) A Greek priestess.
(c) A non-Greek sorceress.
(d) A non-Greek priestess.
4. "Andromache": Where is Orestes from?
5. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
(a) Marry Hermione.
(b) Offer Hermione as a servant to an oracle.
(c) Make Hermione his lover.
(d) Make Hermione his slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
5. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)