|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
2. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
4. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can live as a king.
(b) How he can get children.
(c) How he can kill Creon.
(d) How he can get to Jason.
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A caftan.
(b) A veil.
(c) A robe.
(d) A mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
3. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
4. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
5. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)