|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
2. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
3. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(d) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
5. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
2. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
3. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
5. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)