|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
2. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want her husband to die.
(d) She does not want to live anymore.
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(b) Leave the children.
(c) Hire a nanny.
(d) Go mad.
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
2. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
3. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
4. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)