|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(a) His grandson.
(d) His daughter.
2. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
3. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sicily.
(b) In Macedonia.
(c) In Sparta.
(d) In Athens.
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His son.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
2. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
4. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
5. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)