|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(d) The sea.
2. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His niece.
3. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's stepson.
(b) Phaedra's grandson.
(c) Phaedra's nephew.
(d) Phaedra's uncle.
4. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Macedonia.
(b) In Sparta.
(c) In Athens.
(d) In Sicily.
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
2. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
4. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)