|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(b) Hire a nanny.
(c) Go mad.
(d) Leave the children.
2. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) Money to travel.
(b) A safe home for her children.
(c) A safe haven for her flight.
(d) A place to go.
3. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(b) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(c) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(d) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
5. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
2. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
4. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
5. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)