|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the wife to die.
(b) For the childrento die.
(c) For the servants to die.
(d) For the slaves to die.
2. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's sister.
(b) Creon's aunt.
(c) Creon's niece.
(d) Creon's daughter.
3. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get children.
(b) How he can live as a king.
(c) How he can get to Jason.
(d) How he can kill Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
2. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)