|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The cook.
(c) The butler.
(d) The gardener.
2. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
3. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(a) Jumping from the roof.
4. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
(a) A nurse.
(b) An attendant.
(c) A friend.
(d) A commoner.
5. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
2. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
3. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
4. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)