|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) A place to go.
(b) A safe haven for her flight.
(c) A safe home for her children.
(d) Money to travel.
2. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want her husband to die.
(d) She does not want to live anymore.
3. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live with men.
(b) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(c) They have to teach children.
(d) They have to live as mothers to children.
4. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(b) Jumping from the roof.
5. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
2. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
3. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
4. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
5. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)