|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(b) The Fates.
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can live as a king.
(b) How he can kill Creon.
(c) How he can get children.
(d) How he can get to Jason.
3. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The butler.
(b) The cook.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The manservant.
4. "Hippolytus": What is Artemis the goddess of?
(a) Virginity and chastity.
(b) Hope and wisdom.
(c) Animals and children.
(d) Food and prosperity.
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
2. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
3. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
4. "Medea": Who is Medea?
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)