|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His son.
(d) His nephew.
2. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A robe.
(b) A caftan.
(c) A veil.
(d) A mask.
3. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is impossible.
(b) That it is shameful.
(c) That it is not her own.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
4. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
5. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
2. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
5. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)