|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) Creon's manservant.
(b) The general.
2. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(b) The Fates.
4. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the slaves to die.
(b) For the servants to die.
(c) For the childrento die.
(d) For the wife to die.
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
4. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)