|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her handmaiden.
(b) Her nurse.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her cook.
2. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to live as mothers to children.
(d) They have to live with men.
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
4. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
5. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A girl.
(c) A maid.
(d) A handmaiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
2. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
3. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
4. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
5. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)