|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(c) The sea.
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to live as mothers to children.
(c) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(d) They have to live with men.
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not love her.
(b) He will not worship her.
(c) He will not talk to her.
(d) He will not build her a temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
2. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
3. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)