|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(d) Jumping from the roof.
2. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
3. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(b) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The manservant.
(b) The butler.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The cook.
5. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Kill everyone in her house.
(b) Abandon her children.
(c) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
(d) Kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
3. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
4. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)