|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
2. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(a) The sea.
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(b) She does not want her husband to die.
(c) She does not want to live anymore.
(d) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
4. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
3. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
4. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)