|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(a) The sea.
2. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
3. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A mask.
(b) A robe.
(c) A veil.
(d) A caftan.
4. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His nephew.
5. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who warns Hippolytus not to anger the other gods?
2. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
3. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
5. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)