|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hippolytus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(b) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(c) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(d) Jason's new wife and Creon.
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of friendship.
(b) The value of knowledge.
(c) The value of strength.
(d) The value of justice.
3. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
(a) The sea.
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is ill.
5. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) Money to travel.
(b) A safe home for her children.
(c) A safe haven for her flight.
(d) A place to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
2. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
3. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
4. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)