|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
2. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The cook.
(b) The butler.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The handmaiden.
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
4. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
5. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the wife to die.
(b) For the servants to die.
(c) For the slaves to die.
(d) For the childrento die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
2. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
3. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)