|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His niece.
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The butler.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The cook.
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A maid.
(c) A handmaiden.
(d) A girl.
5. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The cook.
(b) The butler.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
2. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
3. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
4. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)