|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
2. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) The Fates.
(d) A god.
3. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(b) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of justice.
(b) The value of friendship.
(c) The value of knowledge.
(d) The value of strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
2. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
3. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
4. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)