|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(b) A god.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
(d) The Fates.
3. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) A safe haven for her flight.
(b) Money to travel.
(c) A place to go.
(d) A safe home for her children.
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to live as mothers to children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
5. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(b) Creon's manservant.
(d) The general.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
3. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
4. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)