|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His son.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His nephew.
2. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live with men.
(b) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(c) They have to teach children.
(d) They have to live as mothers to children.
3. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can kill Creon.
(b) How he can live as a king.
(c) How he can get to Jason.
(d) How he can get children.
4. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) A place to go.
(b) Money to travel.
(c) A safe home for her children.
(d) A safe haven for her flight.
5. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The kingdom.
(b) The children.
(c) Heracles and the chorus.
(d) Heracles and Pheres.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
4. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
5. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)