|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A Greek priestess.
(b) A Greek sorceress.
(c) A non-Greek priestess.
(d) A non-Greek sorceress.
2. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A place to go.
(b) Love for his sons.
(c) A father for his sons.
(d) A home and money.
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her husband to die.
(b) She does not want to live anymore.
(c) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(d) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
4. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
2. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
3. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
4. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
5. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)