|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) A god.
(d) The Fates.
2. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's niece.
(b) Creon's aunt.
(c) Creon's daughter.
(d) Creon's sister.
3. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(d) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
4. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
(a) She does not want her children to go fatherless.
(b) She does not want the kingdom to suffer.
(c) She does not want to live anymore.
(d) She does not want her husband to die.
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A caftan.
(b) A veil.
(c) A mask.
(d) A robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
2. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
3. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
5. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)