|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His niece.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
2. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
3. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The handmaiden.
(c) The butler.
(d) The cook.
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(b) Hire a nanny.
(c) Leave the children.
(d) Go mad.
5. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
(a) Creon's sister.
(b) Creon's daughter.
(c) Creon's aunt.
(d) Creon's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
2. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
3. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)