|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of strength.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of knowledge.
2. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(a) His daughter.
(d) His grandson.
3. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
4. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and Pheres.
(b) The children.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) Heracles and the chorus.
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
2. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
3. "Alcestis": Admetus's wife says she is dying because it is her natural duty and for another reason.Admetus's What is it?
4. "Medea": Who is Medea?
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)