|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get children.
(b) How he can kill Creon.
(c) How he can live as a king.
(d) How he can get to Jason.
3. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(b) Go mad.
(c) Leave the children.
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live as mothers to children.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
4. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
5. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)