|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason's new wife and Creon.
(d) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
2. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
3. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His niece.
4. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
(a) For the childrento die.
(b) For the slaves to die.
(c) For the wife to die.
(d) For the servants to die.
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(b) They have to live as mothers to children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to teach children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
2. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
3. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
4. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)