|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(a) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
2. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A mask.
(b) A robe.
(c) A caftan.
(d) A veil.
3. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill everyone in her house.
(c) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
(d) Abandon her children.
4. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
5. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(a) His daughter.
(d) His grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
2. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
3. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)