|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
(a) A god.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The leader of the chorus.
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
(a) The butler.
(b) The tutor.
(c) The manservant.
(d) The cook.
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) Love for his sons.
(b) A father for his sons.
(c) A home and money.
(d) A place to go.
4. "Alcestis": What is the name of the son who discusses his sorrow with Admetus?
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of friendship.
(b) The value of strength.
(c) The value of knowledge.
(d) The value of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
2. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
3. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
4. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
5. "Alcestis": What does the chorus think the upcoming death Admetus's wife is like?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)