|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A non-Greek priestess.
(b) A Greek sorceress.
(c) A non-Greek sorceress.
(d) A Greek priestess.
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Go mad.
(b) Leave the children.
(c) Hire a nanny.
3. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
4. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live as mothers to children.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(d) They have to live with men.
5. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
3. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
5. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)