|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of justice.
(b) The value of strength.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of knowledge.
2. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(b) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(c) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(d) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
3. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A robe.
(b) A mask.
(c) A veil.
(d) A caftan.
4. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
5. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(b) Go mad.
(d) Leave the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
4. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
5. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)