|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
(b) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(d) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(b) The Fates.
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
4. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His wife.
(b) His niece.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
5. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
(a) Money to travel.
(b) A safe haven for her flight.
(c) A safe home for her children.
(d) A place to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
2. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
3. "Alcestis": What does Heracles seek from Admetus when he arrives at the house?
4. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
5. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)