|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
(a) How he can get to Jason.
(b) How he can get children.
(c) How he can live as a king.
(d) How he can kill Creon.
2. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
(a) The Fates.
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(b) Go mad.
(d) Leave the children.
4. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His nephew.
5. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His wife.
(b) His niece.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
3. "Medea": Who is Medea?
4. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)