Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Medea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A girl.
(b) A maid.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A handmaiden.
2. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
3. "Alcestis": What is Heracles on his way to tame, when he stops at Admetus's house?
4. "Medea": Medea states that women are generally timid. What does she say will make them become deadly?
5. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) Heracles and the chorus.
(b) The children.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) Heracles and Pheres.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
2. "Medea": What has Aegeus been consulting with the oracle to discover?
3. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
4. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
5. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)