|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
(a) A father for his sons.
(b) A place to go.
(c) A home and money.
(d) Love for his sons.
2. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
3. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
(a) A non-Athenian.
(b) A barbarian.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A learned man.
4. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
5. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a young man.
(b) As an old man.
(c) As a wise man.
(d) As a strong man.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who questions the handmaiden of Alcestis in the beginning of the play?
2. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
3. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
4. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
5. "Trojan Women": To whom is Helen married?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)