|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Who tells Creusa that she will never have a child with Xuthus?
(a) The god.
(b) The chorus.
(c) The oracle.
(d) The priestess.
2. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
3. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
(c) Olive branch.
4. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
(a) At the plays.
(b) At the Delphic oracle.
(c) At the palace.
(d) At Olympus.
5. "Medea": What does the chorus fear Medea will do unless she is calmed?
(a) Abandon her children.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill everyone in her house.
(d) Unleash her fury on the house of Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
2. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
3. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
4. "Electra": Whom did Electra's mother help to kill?
5. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's job?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)