|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who is Hippolytus's father?
2. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His grandson.
3. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) The general.
(b) Creon's manservant.
4. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(a) Nurses and nannies.
(b) Stable hands.
(d) Slaves and concubines.
5. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A caftan.
(b) A mask.
(c) A robe.
(d) A veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
2. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
3. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
4. "The Bacchants": In the jail, whom does Pentheus question when the women have escaped?
5. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)