|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
2. "Trojan Women": The Greeks have assembled the Trojan women who were spared death to become what?
(b) Stable hands.
(c) Nurses and nannies.
(d) Slaves and concubines.
3. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A religious rite.
(b) A bacchanal rite.
(c) A harvest festival.
(d) A moon festival.
4. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
(a) Jason, her children, and Jason's new wife.
(b) Jason's new wife, Creon, and her children.
(c) Jason's new wife, Jason, and Creon.
(d) Jason's new wife and Creon.
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to live as mothers to children.
(b) They have to teach children.
(c) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(d) They have to live with men.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
2. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
3. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
4. "Hippolytus": After Hippolytus dies, what does Theseus tell the chorus that he was?
5. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)