|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Once they are on the ship, what does the sea do?
(a) Captures Iphigenia.
(b) Swallows the passengers.
(c) Swallows the ship.
(d) Kills Orestes.
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of strength.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of knowledge.
3. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
(a) Some of her possessions.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some gold.
(d) Some jewelry.
4. "Electra": What does Orestes drop on the king's head when the king is looking at the entrails?
(a) A board.
(b) A sword.
(c) A stone.
(d) An axe.
5. "Medea": Who tells Medea that she and her two sons are to be exiled immediately?
(a) The general.
(b) Creon's manservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Pheres says that no man wishes to die. What does he suggest is better?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": When Iphigenia realizes that one of the captured men is her brother, she devises a plan while helping them fulfill Apollo's orders. What will this plan help her do?
3. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
4. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
5. "Medea": Who is Medea?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)