|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": In Iphigenia's dream, what do Orestes and Pylades try to take from the temple?
(a) The gifts.
(b) The sacrifices.
(c) The priestesses.
(d) The idol.
3. "Trojan Women": The goddess has decided to attack her former allies, the Greeks, because they have done violence to whom?
(a) The women.
(b) Some of her children.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) Some of her servants.
4. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
(a) His sword.
(b) A crown.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) His cane.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What rank does Iphigenia hold as a priestess?
(a) Novice priestess.
(b) Servant priestess.
(c) Head priestess.
(d) Under priestess.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
2. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
3. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
4. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
5. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)