|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
(a) Happiness and laughter.
(b) Death and wailing.
(c) Packing and moving.
(d) Joy and victory.
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is ill.
3. "Andromache": How is Peleus described?
(a) As a wise man.
(b) As an old man.
(c) As a young man.
(d) As a strong man.
4. "The Bacchants": What is Tiresias's main characteristic?
5. "The Bacchants": What kind of wreaths do the followers of Dionysus wear?
(d) Olive branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
2. "Andromache": What does Orestes plan to do after he kills Neoptolemos?
3. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
4. "Electra": Electra begins with the speech of a peasant from where?
5. "Electra": When did Orestes and his friend Pylades flee from Aegisthus?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)