|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Macedonia.
(b) In Athens.
(c) In Sparta.
(d) In Sicily.
2. "Trojan Women": What is Poseidon the god of?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sea.
(c) The air.
(d) The sun.
3. "The Bacchants": When Pentheus is told not to blaspheme the gods, what emotion does he feel?
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her cook.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her handmaiden.
(d) Her nurse.
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": What does Medea need to find before she carries out her plans for Jason?
2. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
3. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells the king of Iphigenia's deceit?
5. "Andromache": Which god does Andromache blame for her current troubles?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)