|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
2. "The Bacchants": Who has not respected his Bacchic rites?
(a) The Corinthians.
(b) The Dorians.
(c) The Athenians.
(d) The Thebans.
3. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where does Iphigenia think her brother is when she is going to release one of the men to take a message to him?
5. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
2. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
3. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
4. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What reason does Iphigenia give to the king for taking an item out of the temple?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)