|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) Outside his palace.
(b) At the stables.
(c) Outside the temple.
(d) Outside the city.
2. "The Bacchants": What do Tiresias and the king want to do at the bacchanal celebration?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Where will Iphigenia take the two men to clean them and help them escape?
(a) The river.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The lake.
4. "The Bacchants": Dionysus's father is Zeus. Whom is his mother?
5. "Medea": Of what besides deceit does Medea accuse Jason?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
2. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
4. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Hecuba go?
5. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)