|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
2. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
3. "Ion": Apollo orders Hermes to go to Athens. Where is he to bring the baby boy?
(a) To Delphi.
(b) To Sparta.
(c) To Corinth.
(d) To Damascus.
4. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
(a) Their shoes.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their necklaces.
5. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of strength.
(b) The value of knowledge.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": Where does Orestes plan to ambush Neoptolemos?
2. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
5. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)