|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who is the king of Thrace?
2. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) Castor and Pollux.
(b) Callun and Pyres.
(c) The gods.
(d) The oracle.
3. "Alcestis": What does Admetus heap on Pheres before he leaves the funeral?
4. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
(a) A moon festival.
(b) A religious rite.
(c) A bacchanal rite.
(d) A harvest festival.
5. "The Bacchants": What is Pentheus's role?
(a) King of Declean.
(b) King of Macedonia.
(c) King of Sparta.
(d) King of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": Whom did Jason make an agreement with King Creon to marry?
2. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
3. "Medea": What does Jason promise Medea he will provide for her?
4. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
5. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)