|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Electra": Who tells Orestes and Electra what the future has in store for them?
(a) The gods.
(b) Castor and Pollux.
(c) Callun and Pyres.
(d) The oracle.
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Iphigenia's father tell her she was going to marry?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
4. "Trojan Women": Who joins Poseidon and says she has decided to attack the Greeks?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Whom does Heracles talk to and learn the extent of the events in the household?
2. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Of what crime does Iphigenia plan to claim the two men are guilty making them unclean?
4. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
5. "Electra": Electra does not recognize her brother and his friend at first. What does she think they are?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)