|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
(a) A mask.
(b) A caftan.
(c) A veil.
(d) A robe.
2. "Electra": Who tells Electra Aegisthus is successfully murdered?
(a) A servant.
(b) A guard.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A messenger.
3. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(a) Jumping from the roof.
4. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(c) Waging war.
(d) Playing the lyre.
5. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Electra": Who is Orestes' father?
2. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
3. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
4. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
5. "Electra": What does Orestes do as his mother comes to Electra's house?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)