|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Alcestis": What does Admetus's wife make him promise not to do after she dies?
(a) Leave the children.
(b) Go mad.
(d) Hire a nanny.
2. "Alcestis": Where does Admetus rule?
3. "Alcestis": Who is confused by Admetus's behavior towards Heracles?
(a) The children.
(b) Heracles and the chorus.
(c) Heracles and Pheres.
(d) The kingdom.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess does Iphigenia serve?
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is shameful.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) That it is not her own.
(d) That it is impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": Where at the temple does Hermes place the baby?
2. "Alcestis": What is the woman dressed in when Heracles returns with her?
3. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
4. "Electra": Orestes asks the Electra's peasant husband to go find someone he remembers. Who is the man?
5. "Electra": The king has heard that Thessalians are master butchers of what?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)