|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
2. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
(a) The priestess.
(b) Her handmaiden.
(c) The shepherd.
(d) Her daughter.
3. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's grandson.
(b) Phaedra's stepson.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's nephew.
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What does Iphigenia feel as she prepares to perform the sacrifice?
(a) No pain.
(b) No sadness.
(c) No pleasure.
(d) No loss.
5. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
(a) Their necklaces.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
2. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
3. "Alcestis": What state is Heracles in when he claims he will meet death and wrestle for the life of Alcestis?
4. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
5. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)