|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of justice.
(b) The value of friendship.
(c) The value of knowledge.
(d) The value of strength.
2. "The Bacchants": What did the women use to rip apart the cattle?
(a) Their shoes.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their necklaces.
3. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Who tells Iphigenia that there are two strangers in their land?
4. "Alcestis": Who agrees to die in place of Admetus?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His niece.
5. "Ion": What does Creusa put her baby boy in?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A bassinet.
(c) A basket.
(d) An ark.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
2. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
3. "The Bacchants": What tells the women to burn down the house of Pentheus?
4. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Which goddess appears and prevents the king from killing Iphigenia and Orestes?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)