|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Who is the son Peleus had with a goddess?
2. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(b) Jumping from the roof.
3. "Electra": Where does Orestes plans to ambush the king?
(a) At the stables.
(b) Outside the city.
(c) Outside the temple.
(d) Outside his palace.
4. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
(a) Phaedra's stepson.
(b) Phaedra's nephew.
(c) Phaedra's uncle.
(d) Phaedra's grandson.
5. "Electra": Who did Orestes and Pylades claim to be when the met the king?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
3. "Ion": What does Xuthus do before seeing the oracle?
4. "Medea": Who is Medea?
5. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)