|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Iphigenia was intended to be a sacrifice but was spirited away to where?
2. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
3. "The Bacchants": Who leads the attack on Pentheus?
4. "Alcestis": Who helped Admetus cheat the Fates?
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
5. "Andromache": Who sends a messenger to warn Neoptolemos?
(b) The priest.
(d) The nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Death arguing with at the beginning of the play "Alcestis"?
2. "Trojan Women": Hecuba laments the death of whom?
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Hippolytus": Where is Hippolytus's father in exile?
5. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)