|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bacchants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Who is Medea?
(a) A non-Greek sorceress.
(b) A Greek sorceress.
(c) A non-Greek priestess.
(d) A Greek priestess.
2. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
3. "The Bacchants": What does Pentheus say are dancing in the countryside?
4. "Ion": What condition do Xuthus and Creusa travel to the oracle to cure?
5. "Alcestis": Pheres is what relation to Admetus?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
2. "Iphigenia among Taurians": What do the Taurians perform for their goddess?
3. "Medea": Where did Jason and Medea travel to make a home and future for their children?
4. "Ion": Who tries to get Creusa to kill Xuthus and Ion?
5. "Iphigenia among Taurians": Whom did Apollo want to stop when he told Orestes and Pylades to take the item from the temple?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)