|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
(c) Jumping from the roof.
2. "Hippolytus": What does Hippolytus give to Artemis's statue?
3. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(a) His daughter.
(c) His grandson.
4. "Ion": At the beginning of the play, what action of Apollo's does Hermes describe?
(a) Playing the lyre.
(b) Waging war.
5. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
(a) Happiness and laughter.
(b) Packing and moving.
(c) Death and wailing.
(d) Joy and victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
2. "Trojan Women": Before the Greeks take her to whom is Cassandra is a servant?
3. "Trojan Women": What happens to the citadel when Hecuba is done burying her grandson?
4. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
5. "Ion": Which god is Xuthus's father, Aeolus, the son of?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)