|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Andromache": Who snatches the sword from Hermione before she can kill herself?
(a) The handmaiden.
(b) The servant.
(c) The priestess.
(d) The nurse.
2. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of friendship.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of strength.
(d) The value of knowledge.
3. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
4. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A cave.
(c) A river.
(d) A beach.
5. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(c) Committing suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
2. "Andromache": Where is Andromache from?
3. "Medea": Whom does Medea kill?
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Hippolytus": With whom does Aphrodite make Phaedra fall in love?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)