|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Ion": Whose idea is it to have Ion adopted by Xuthus?
(b) The priestess.
2. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
(d) The riverside.
3. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
4. "Trojan Women": How do the Greeks kill Andromache's son?
(a) Stone him.
(b) Throw him from the battlements.
(c) Behead him.
(d) Run him over with horses.
5. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
(a) That it is impossible.
(b) That it is not her own.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) That it is shameful.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
2. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
3. "Trojan Women": With which Greek man does Cassandra go?
4. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
5. "Andromache": What is Andromache's relationship to Neoptolemos?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)