|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of knowledge.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of friendship.
(d) The value of strength.
2. "Ion": After Creusa gives birth to a boy, to where does she take him?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A river.
(c) A beach.
(d) A cave.
3. "Hippolytus": Why is Aphrodite angry with Hippolytus?
(a) He will not build her a temple.
(b) He will not love her.
(c) He will not talk to her.
(d) He will not worship her.
4. "Hippolytus": Hippolytus's father is in exile to pay penance for a crime committed where?
(a) In Sicily.
(b) In Athens.
(c) In Macedonia.
(d) In Sparta.
5. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
2. "Andromache": Of what place is Menelaus king?
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
4. "Ion": During what event must Xuthus have impregnated a local girl according to Ion and Xuthus?
5. "Andromache": Where does the goddess tell Peleus to bury Neoptolemos?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)