|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Trojan Women": What is the name of Andromache's young son?
2. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to teach children.
(b) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to live as mothers to children.
3. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
(a) Her servant.
(b) Her handmaiden.
(c) Her cook.
(d) Her nurse.
4. "Hippolytus": When the nurse tells Hippolytus of Phaedra's desire for him, Hippolytus swears he will never break his vow of what?
5. "Hippolytus": What action does Phaedra believe is better than doing wrong?
(a) Committing suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
2. "Andromache": Whom does Andromache send to fetch Peleus?
3. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
4. "Andromache": Which goddess's shrine is Andromache in for refuge?
5. "Trojan Women": To what does Cassandra say she will be thrown to after being killed?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)