|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Medea": Whom does Creon think Medea will attempt to kill?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His grandson.
2. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is happy.
3. "Medea": What does Medea claim about women?
(a) That they are unhappy for their slavery to their husbands.
(b) That they are wealthy in the joy of motherhood.
(c) That they are unhappy if they don't realize their great power over their husbands.
(d) That they are enslaved by motherhood.
4. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
(a) The gods.
(b) Social justice.
5. "Medea": Who begins the play "Medea" in a lament?
(a) A handmaiden.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A girl.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": How is Xuthus described?
2. "Hippolytus": How does Phaedra kill herself?
3. "Trojan Women": When does the king say he will kill Helen?
4. "Trojan Women": What does Hecuba bury with her grandson?
5. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)