|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": Who gave Theseus the wish he uses to call down death on Hippolytus?
2. "Ion": After Hermes' introduction, where does the play start?
(a) On the road.
(b) At the house.
(c) At the cliffs.
(d) At the temple.
3. "Trojan Women": The play begins after the fall of what city?
4. "Medea": What does Jason claim Medea has learned which makes her better off for his bringing her to Greece?
(a) The value of friendship.
(b) The value of justice.
(c) The value of knowledge.
(d) The value of strength.
5. "Medea": What reason does Medea give Creon for staying one more day?
(a) To help her sons adjust.
(b) To gather her things.
(c) To say goodbye to Jason.
(d) To put her affairs in order.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Ion": What does Creusa put with the baby boy?
2. "Hippolytus": What about her desire is causing Phaedra not to eat?
3. "Trojan Women": What activities are heard during the opening scene?
4. "Ion": How many races will Ion's descendants span according to the goddess?
5. "Hippolytus": Who tells Phaedra that mortals cannot control the will of the gods?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)