|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trojan Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hippolytus": When the scene shifts to Phaedra and her nurse, what condition is Phaedra in?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is ill.
2. "Hippolytus": For what reason does Theseus think his wife has killed herself after reading and misunderstanding her note?
3. "Ion": How is Creusa supposed to kill Xuthus and Ion?
(a) With an accident.
(b) With a horse.
(c) With poison.
(d) With a sword.
4. "Ion": Which goddess appears to tell how Ion's descendants will settle many parts of Greece ?
5. "Medea": Medea claims that women are the unhappiest creatures on earth for a second reason. What is the second reason?
(a) They have to bear the terror of childbirth.
(b) They have to live as mothers to children.
(c) They have to live with men.
(d) They have to teach children.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Andromache": With what does Peleus threaten to beat Menelaus to death?
2. "Medea": From whom is it learned that Creon plans to expel Jason's children with Medea?
3. "Trojan Women": What does Cassandra say her death is the working of?
4. "Hippolytus": What is Aphrodite goddess of?
5. "Medea": Who is Medea?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)