|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: “The End” and Part One, “One Minute” - “Nalan’s Story”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the narrative of 10 Seconds 38 Minutes in This Strange World take place?
2. Which member of Haroun's family named Mahmous was rewarded by the Ottoman government for his help in deporting Armenians?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His grandfather.
3. How are Suzan and Binnaz related to one another?
(a) They are sisters-in-law.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are married to the same man.
(d) They are cousins.
4. How many miscarriages had Binnaz experienced prior to Leila's arrival?
5. The narrator states in the prologue, "The End," that Leila would throw what object playfully at someone she heard referring to her in the past tense?
(a) A high-heeled shoe.
(b) A drop of water.
(c) A pinch of salt.
(d) A tomato.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Three Minutes," what flavor does Leila remember three minutes after her heart has stopped that takes her back to September of 1967?
2. In what type of receptacle does Leila find herself as she realizes that she is dead?
3. What is the name of Leila's biological mother?
4. Two minutes after Leila's heart stops beating, she recalls which two very different flavors?
5. In what month of 1990 is Leila's death covered on national television?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)