|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Mind, “Four Minutes” - “Jameelah’s Story”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of receptacle does Leila find herself as she realizes that she is dead?
(a) A pool.
(b) A box.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A dumpster.
2. The volatile relationship between Jameelah and which of her family members caused her to begin to spend more time on the streets?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her stepfather.
3. How did Leila react when Binnaz again mentioned their shared secret for the first time in over a year?
(a) She drew a sharp breath.
(b) She ran out of the room.
(c) She hugged Binnaz.
(d) She ran to tell Suzan.
4. How old was Leila when Uncle began to sexually abuse her?
5. What malady afflicted Leila when the family returned from the vacation by the sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of his own siblings did Haroun raise after their parents died in a car accident?
2. In what African country was Jameelah born to parents of two different religions?
3. The narrator states emphatically in "The End" that what object does NOT mimic the qualities of time?
4. The narrator states that Leila's only brother would have been diagnosed years later as having which condition?
5. In "Seven Minutes," it is revealed that Leila began to call Sinan by what nickname when they still lived in Van?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)