i.e. Some skates can swim.
--------------- | | | | ---|--- | | | 0 | 0 | | 32. |---|---|---|---| ------- | | 1 | | | | | | | ---|--- | |---|---| | | | | 1 | | --------------- -------
Let “people” be Universe;
All m are x’; &there4
Some y are x’.
Some y are m.
i.e. Some orators are unreasonable.
[See remarks on No. 7, p. 60.]
Hit or Miss.
canst not hit it, hit it, hit it,
Thou canst not hit it, my good man.”
1. Pain is wearisome; No pain is eagerly wished for.
2. No bald person needs a hair-brush; No lizards have hair.
3. All thoughtless people do mischief; No thoughtful person forgets a promise.
4. I do not like John; Some of my friends like John.
5. No potatoes are pine-apples; All pine-apples are nice.
6. No pins are ambitious; No needles are pins.
7. All my friends have colds; No one can sing who has a cold.
8. All these dishes are well-cooked; Some dishes are unwholesome if not well-cooked.
9. No medicine is nice; Senna is a medicine.
10. Some oysters are silent; No silent creatures are amusing.
11. All wise men walk on their feet; All unwise men walk on their hands.
12. “Mind your own business; This quarrel is no business of yours.”
13. No bridges are made of sugar; Some bridges are picturesque.
14. No riddles interest me that can be solved; All these riddles are insoluble.
15. John is industrious; All industrious people are happy.
16. No frogs write books; Some people use ink in writing books.
17. No pokers are soft; All pillows are soft.
18. No antelope is ungraceful; Graceful animals delight the eye.
19. Some uncles are ungenerous; All merchants are generous.
20. No unhappy people chuckle; No happy people groan.
21. Audible music causes vibration in the air; Inaudible music is not worth paying for.
22. He gave me five pounds; I was delighted.
23. No old Jews are fat millers; All my friends are old millers.
24. Flour is good for food; Oatmeal is a kind of flour.
25. Some dreams are terrible; No lambs are terrible.
26. No rich man begs in the street; All who are not rich should keep accounts.
27. No thieves are honest; Some dishonest people are found out.
28. All wasps are unfriendly; All puppies are friendly.
29. All improbable stories are doubted; None of these stories are probable.