3. Name the three promises of Jehovah calculated to remove this sting of disappointment.
Prophecy Number Three: Chapter 2:10-19.
1. State moral condition of the people.
2. Name the three causes of material loss.
3. State the promise.
Prophecy Number Four: Chapter 2:20-23.
1. To whom spoken.
2. Name the two prophecies in your own words.
1. What word indicates the small number who had returned?
2. Commit words, with location, of a striking verse, 2:8.
3. In how many days did they begin to work after the first appeal was made?
4. What length of time do the four prophecies cover?
5. What statement is accepted by many as a prophecy of Christ? Use the marginal reading.
6. By what two terms is Haggai called?
7. What word does Haggai use, and how many times, to set the people to thinking?
8. By what expression is God most frequently described?
9. Why, possibly, was no prophet sent to Nehemiah?
10. Give an appropriate title to Haggai.
I. The Visions of Chapters 1 to 6:
Record and commit, with chapter location.
II. The Striking Phrases and Verses:
Commit and locate the following:
“Apple of the eye.”
Give meaning. State what other books of the Bible contain the phrase.
“Prisoners of Hope.”
“Who hath despised the day of small things?”
“Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith Jehovah of hosts.”
“Wounded in the house of my friends.”
(Use concordance in finding location.)
III. The Prophecies of Christ:
Give the four names by which the Christ is described. See 3:8, 9:9, 13:7.
Name four events in Christ’s life prophesied in the following verses: 9:9, 11:12, 13:1, 13:7.
IV. General Questions.
1. Compare the beginning of Zechariah’s prophecy with that of Haggai in point of time.
2. Which of the major prophets and which of the minor prophets does Zechariah resemble most?
3. By what name is Satan described in Chapter 3, and what other Bible writers use the same description?
4. Name three general encouragements given by the prophet to Zerubbabel in Chapter 4 to rebuild the temple.
5. Record the cities prophesied against in Chapter 9.
V. Questions on Chapter 14:
1. Of what is this a prophetic picture? Verse 9.
2. Name the facts about the capture of Jerusalem. Verses 2 and 3.
3. Name the three strange happenings in nature. Verses 4 to 8.
4. Name final result. Verse 11.