472. How does the institution of Penance show
the goodness of Our Lord? 473. What is absolution?
474. How do you know Our Lord could forgive sins?
475. How does the power to forgive sins imply
the obligation of going to
476. How do we prepare for confession? 477. What is the best method of examining our conscience? 478. What is the most important part of the Sacrament of Penance? 479. What kind of sorrow should we have for our sins? 480. When should you say the penance given in confession?
481. When is our contrition perfect? 482. What is attrition? 483. How many kinds of occasions of sin are there? 484. Why must we avoid occasions of sin?
485. Who is a “duly authorized” priest?
486. How can a dumb man make his confession?
487. What can one do who cannot remember his sins
in confession? 488. How can persons whose language
the priest cannot understand confess
if they are in danger of death?
489. Is it wrong to accuse ourselves of sins we have not committed? 490. Why is it foolish to conceal sins in confession? 491. How were the ancient Christian churches divided? 492. How did the early Christians do penance? 493. Explain the temporal and eternal punishment for sin. 494. Is your confession worthless if you forget to say your penance? 495. What is Lent? 496. What is almsgiving? 497. How can we distinguish between spiritual and corporal works of
498. When are we obliged to admonish the sinner? 499. What were the Crusades? 500. Why were they commenced? 501. How many Crusades were there? 502. How long did they last? 503. Why were those who took part in these expeditions called Crusaders? 504. What is a pilgrim? 505. How have we been relieved from doing many of the works of mercy
506. Who are religious? 507. What is a hermit? 508. What is a general confession? 509. When and why should we make it? 510. Who are scrupulous persons?
511. When is it well to add to our confession a sin of our past life? 512. What duties does the priest perform in the confessional? 513. Show how he is judge, father, teacher, and physician. 514. Why is it well to confess always to the same priest? 515. Can you have half your sins forgiven? 516. When will perfect contrition blot out mortal sin?
517. How does God reward us for good works done
in a state of mortal
518. Is it easy to gain a plenary indulgence? Why? 519. What works are generally enjoined for indulgences? 520. What does praying for a “person’s intention” mean? 521. How can we have the intention of gaining an indulgence? 522. What does “an indulgence of 40 days,” etc., mean? 523. Why did the early Christians do more severe penance than we do? 524. Are indulgences attached to anything but prayers?