357. What do we mean by an effect? 358. What does “supernatural” mean? 359. What is merit? 360. What is a virtue? 361. What is a vice? 362. Does habit excuse us for the sins committed through it? 363. When will habit excuse us for the sin? 364. Why do we believe revealed truths? 365. Who is our neighbor? 366. What example did Our Lord give to explain this? 367. How do we love our neighbor as ourselves? 368. Why should we love our neighbor? 369. Can we merit the grace of perseverance?
370. When did men begin to speak different languages?
371. Who were the prophets? 372. Give a
short history of religion before the time of Christ.
373. What are the chief works of the Church?
374. Why are our churches holy? 375. What
are the catacombs, and why were they made? 376.
What are altar stones? 377. Why are relics placed
in them? 378. How many general persecutions of
the Church were there? 379. Tell what you know
of these persecutions. 380. What lessons do we
learn from the sufferings of the early
381. Who are “lawful pastors”? 382. Could anyone be Pope without being Bishop of Rome? 383. What does “vicar” mean? 384. Why are Catholics called Roman? 385. How could a Protestant be saved?
386. What is an attribute? 387. What is
authority? 388. Why is it sinful to resist lawful
authority? 389. What does “cathedra”
mean? 390. Why is the bishop’s church called
cathedral? 391. How do we know when the Pope
speaks “ex cathedra”? 392. What is
required that the Pope may so speak? 393. Is
the Pope infallible in everything he says? 394.
What do you mean by “faith and morals”?
395. How many Popes from St. Peter to Pius XI?
396. Why should we have the greatest respect for
the opinions of the
Holy Father on any subject?
397. Why must the Pope sometimes speak on political matters? 398. Can the Pope commit sin? 399. What do we mean by the “temporal power” of the Pope? 400. How did he acquire it, and how did he lose it? 401. Why has he need of it? 402. How is the “temporal power” useful to the Church? 403. What is “Peter’s pence”? 404. Does the Church change its doctrines? 405. How can you show that the Church is one in government and doctrine? 406. What is the hierarchy of the Church? 407. Could a person be a Catholic and not believe all the Church
408. Why are Protestants so called? 409. Why does the Church use Latin as its language? 410. Why does the Church define some truths? 411. Does the Church by defining truths make new doctrines? 412. Give a short history of Luther. 413. Why was he cut off from the true Church? 414. Why did many follow him? 415. How did the first Protestants act towards the Church? 416. What foolish excuses do some give for not becoming Catholics? 417. Why must the true Church be visible? 418. Who are heathens? 419. Who were the “publicans” mentioned by Our Lord?