408. Q. When will Christ judge us? A. Christ will judge us immediately after our death, and on the last day.
409. Q. What is the judgment called which we have to undergo immediately after death? A. The judgment we have to undergo immediately after death is called the Particular Judgment.
410. Q. What is the judgment called which all men have to undergo on the last day? A. The judgment which all men have to undergo on the last day is called the General Judgment.
412. Q. What are the rewards or punishments appointed for men’s souls after the Particular Judgment? A. The rewards or punishments appointed for men’s souls after the Particular Judgment are Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell.
413. Q. What is Hell? A. Hell is a state to which the wicked are condemned, and in which they are deprived of the sight of God for all eternity, and are in dreadful torments.
414. Q. What is Purgatory? A. Purgatory is a state in which those suffer for a time who die guilty of venial sins, or without having satisfied for the punishment due to their sins.
417. Q. Will our bodies share in the reward or punishment of our souls? A. Our bodies will share in the reward or punishment of our souls, because through the resurrection they will again be united to them.
420. Q. What is Heaven? A. Heaven is the state of everlasting life in which we see God face to face, are made like unto Him in glory, and enjoy eternal happiness.
As soon as you awake, think of God. Make the Sign of the Cross and say:
+ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
Then dress quickly and kneel down. Now say the Our Father, the Hail Mary, the Apostles’ Creed, the Confiteor and the Acts of Faith, Hope, Love and Contrition which you have probably memorized. If you do not know them by heart you will find them on pages 2-4.
Then if you have time also say the following prayers:
To the blessed Virgin.
My Lady, and my Mother, remember I am thine; protect and defend me as
thy property and possession.
To saint Joseph.
Saint Joseph, model and patron of those who love the Sacred Heart of
Jesus, pray for us.
To the guardian Angel.
Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom His love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
God bless Papa and Mamma. God bless Brothers and Sisters, and all my friends. God bless me, and make me a good child.
For the faithful departed.
Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon
them. May they rest in peace. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.