EXECUTIVE MANSION, Washington, D.C., July 24, 1901.
To the Secretary of the Treasury:
SIR:—I herewith allot and set apart the funds now remaining in the Treasury of the United States as a separate fund raised from duties and taxes collected in the United States under the provisions of the act of Congress entitled “An act temporarily to provide revenues and a Civil Government for Puerto Rico and for other purposes” approved April 12th, 1900, for public purposes in Puerto Rico; and these funds hereby allotted shall be devoted to public and permanent improvements in Puerto Rico and other Governmental and public purposes therein as set forth in the act of Congress approved March 24th, 1900 (31 Stat., p. 51), and shall be expended under the sole supervision and subject to the approval of the Governor and Administrative heads of the Island.
EXECUTIVE MANSION, Washington, D.C., August 19, 1901.
It is hereby ordered that so much of the Executive Order of December 28, 1898 as fixes the rates at which the Spanish Alphonsino (centem) and the French Louis shall be accepted in payment of customs, taxes, public and postal dues in the Island of Cuba is modified to read as follows:
Alphonsino (25 Peseta Piece) $4.78
Louis (20 Frank Piece) 3.83
EXECUTIVE MANSION, Washington, D.C., August 20, 1901.
It is hereby ordered that all tracts and parcels of land belonging to the United States situated on the Peninsula extending into the harbor on the south side of the city of San Juan, Puerto Rico, known as Barrio de la Puntilla, or Puntilla Point, bounded on the north by the south boundary of the Paseo de la Princesa and on the east, south and west by the navigable waters of the harbor at such part Warden’s line as may be established by competent authority, be and the same are hereby reserved for naval purposes.
EXECUTIVE MANSION, Washington, D.C., August 27, 1901.
It is hereby ordered that the Executive Order of Jan. 4th, 1901, reserve for light house purposes among other tracts of land or cites in the District of Alaska a tract described as follows: “Scotch Cap beginning at a point at low water mark, said point being three miles easterly of point at low water mark opposite Scotch Cap Pinnacle six (6) due north one mile, thence north seventy-one (71) degrees east true four (4) miles, thence south thirty-eight (38) degrees true to low water mark; thence follow the windings of the low water mark to place of beginning,” be and the same is hereby canceled so far as it relates to the above described tract, and it is hereby ordered that in lieu thereof a tract described as follows: Scotch Cap beginning at point at low water mark on Unimak Island, said point being three miles easterly of a point at low water mark opposite Scotch Cap Pinnacle; thence due north one mile; thence north seventy-one (71) degrees west true to four miles; thence south thirty-eight degrees west true to low water mark, thence follow the windings of the low water mark to place of beginning, be and it is hereby reserved and set apart for light house purposes, subject to any legal existing rights thereto.