19. Hirn, Yrjo. The Sacred Shrine. 574 pp. Macmillan. London, 1912.
20. Lecky, W.E.H. Rationalism in Europe. 2 vols. Appleton. N.Y. and London, 1910. Vol. II, pp. 220 f.
21. Wright, Thomas. Narratives of Sorcery and Magic. 2 vols. R. Bentley. London, 1851.
22. Donaldson, Rev. James. The Position of Woman Among the Early Christians. Contemporary Review. Vol. 56, 1889.
23. Bingham, Joseph. Antiquities of the Christian Church. 2 vols. London, 1846.
24. Sumner, W.G. Witchcraft. Forum. Vol. 41, 1909, pp. 410-423.
25. Gaster, M. Two Thousand Years of a Charm Against the Child-stealing Witch. Folklore. Vol. XI, No. 2, June, 1900.
26. For discussion of the dates of the Church Councils see Rev. Charles J. Hefele, Councils of the Church. Trans, fr. the German by C.W. Bush, 1883.
27. Alice Kyteler. A contemporary narrative of the Proceedings against Dame Alice Kyteler, prosecuted for sorcery by Richard de Ledrede, Bishop of Ossory, 1324. Edited by Thomas Wright. London, 1843.
28. Burr, George L. The Literature of Witchcraft. Papers of the American Historical Association. Vol IV, pp. 37-66. G.P. Putnam’s Sons. N.Y., 1890.
29. Michelet, J. La Sorciere. 488 pp. Paris, 1878. Trans. of Introduction by L.J. Trotter.
30. Scherr, Johannes. Deutsche Frauenwelt. Band II.
31. Avebury, Right Hon. Lord (Sir John Lubbock). Marriage, Totemism and Religion. 243 pp. Longmans, Green. London, 1911. Footnote, p. 127.
32. Wood, Wm. Witchcraft. Cornhill Magazine. Vol. V, 1898.
—— Lea, H.C. Superstition and Force. 407 pp. Philadelphia, 1866.
33. Bragge, F. Jane Wenham. 36 pp. E. Curll. London 1712.
34. Paulus, Nikolaus. Die Rolle der Frau in der Geschichte des Hexenwahns. Historisches Jahrbuch. XXIX Band. Muenchen. Jahrgang 1918.
35. Select Library of Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers of the Christian Church. 2d. series. Vol. 6, Letter xxii, Ad Eustachium.
36. Studia Sinaitica No. IX. Select Narratives of Holy Women from the Syro-Antiochene or Sinai Palimpsest as written above the old Syriac Gospels by John the Stylite, of Beth-Mari Ianun in A.D. 778. Edited by Agnes Smith Lewis, M.R.A.S. London, 1900.
37. Lady Meux Mss. No. VI. British Museum. The Book of Paradise, being the Histories and Sayings of the Monks and Ascetics of the Egyptian Desert by Palladius, Hieronymus and others. English Trans. by E.A. Wallis Budge. (From the Syriac.) Vol. I.
38. Gautier, Emile Theodore Leon. La Chevalerie. 850 pp. C. Delagrave. Paris, 1890.
39. Maulde la Claviere, R. de. The Women of the Renaissance. Trans. by G.H. Ely. 510 pp. Swan Sonnenschein, 1900.
40. McCabe, Joseph. Woman in Political Evolution. Watts & Co. London, 1909.
41. Barnes, Earl. Woman in Modern Society. 257 pp. B.W. Huebsch. N.Y., 1913.