831. Voyages aux Antilles, &c., 1767-1802. Par J.B. Le Blond. Paris, 1813. 8vo.—Statistics, climate, geology, mineralogy, diseases, and manners, are the principal topics of this work, and are treated of with ability and interest.
832. Voyages aux Isles de Trinidad, &c. Par J.J.D. Laraysee. Paris, 1813. 2 vols. 8vo.—The first volume relates to Trinidad: the second to Tobago, Cumana, Guiana, and Margarita. The soil, climate, productions, and occasionally the natural history and geology of these parts are here treated of.
833. Baudin Voyage aux Isles Teneriffe la Trinite, Porto Rico, &c. 2 vols. 8vo. Paris, 1810.—To these travels Sonnini has added some valuable notes.
834. Voyage d’un Suisse dans differentes Colonies de l’Amerique. 1783. 8vo.—Martinique and St. Domingo are particularly described, and the mineralogy of the latter fully entered into.
835. Bryan Edwards’ History of the British Colonies in the West Indies, and the French Colony in St. Domingo. 1801. 3 vols. 8vo.—This work justly bears an excellent character, and is very full and minute on almost every topic connected with these islands.
836. Histoire de St. Domingue. Par le P. Charlevoix. Paris, 1722. 2 vols. 4to.—This work, drawn up chiefly from the memoirs of the missionaries, treats of the political, military, and moral state of the island, and more briefly of its produce, animals, &c.—This briefness is compensated in the following work:
837. Essai sur I’Histoire Naturelle de St. Domingue. Par le P. Nicolson. Paris, 1766. 8vo.
838. Ed. Long’s History of Jamaica. 3 vols. 4to. 1774.—A work of sterling merit, and if read in conjunction with the following to supply the natural history of the island, will leave little to be known respecting this important island.
839. Pat. Brown’s Civil and Natural History of Jamaica. 1756. folio.
840. Ligon’s History of Barbadoes. 1695. 8vo.
841. Labat Voyage aux Isles de l’Amerique. La Haye, 1724. 6 vols. 12mo.—This is esteemed the best work of Labat, and it certainly is very instructive in all that relates to Martinique, Guadaloupe, St. Vincent, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Eustatius, &c.
842. Voyage a la Martinique. Par Chauvalson. Paris, 1763. 4to.—Natural history, meteorology, agriculture, and manners.
843. Account of St. Michael, one of the Azores. By Dr. Webster.—This work, which is published in America, contains an interesting description of St. Michael, particularly in what relates to its natural history and geology.
844. Preliminar al Tomo primero de las Memorias Historico-Physicas, Critico-Apologeticas, de la America Meridional. Par D.J.E. Lamo Zaputa. Cadiz, 1759. 8vo.
845. Reise eineger Missionarien in Sud America. Von C. Gott. Von Murr. Nurem. 1785. 8vo.