19. A General Collection of the best and most interesting Voyages and Travels, in all Parts of the World. By John Pinkerton. 1808-1814. 17 vols. 4to.
20. A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, arranged in systematic Order. By Robert Kerr. Edin. 1811-22. 18 vols. 8vo.
21. Relation de divers Voyages curieux, qui n’ont point encore ete publies, et qu’on a traduits ou tires des Originaux des Voyageurs Francais, Espagnols, Allemands, &c. &c. Par M. Thevenot. Paris, 1696. 2 vol. fol.—This work is seldom found complete: the marks of the complete and genuine edition are given in the Bibliotheque des Voyages, vol. i. pp. 82, 83. To this work the following is a proper supplement:
22. Recueil des Voyages de M. Thevenot. Paris, 1681. 8vo.
23. Recueil des Voyages qui ont servi a l’Etablissement et au Progres de la Campagne des Indes Orientates Hollandaises. Par Constantin.—The best editions are those of Amsterdam, 1730, and of Paris and Rouen, 1705; each in 10 vol. 12mo.
24. Recueil des Voyages au Nord, &c. Amsterdam, 1717. 8 vol. 12mo.
25. Lettres Edifiantes et Curieuses. Paris, 1780, 1781. 24 vols. 12mo.
26. Memoires Orientales. Paris, 1789. 12mo.
27. Collection Portative de Voyages, traduit de differentes Langues Orientales et Europiennes. Par Langles. Paris, 3 vols. 18mo.
28. Histoire Generale des Voyages. Par Prevot. Paris, 20 vols. 4to.—This work is valuable for its excellent engravings, maps, plans, &c., but in other respects its value has fallen, in consequence of the following abridgment of it:
29. Abrege de l’Histoire Generate des Voyages de Prevot. Par La Harpe. Paris, 1780-1786. 23 vols. 8vo.—The last five volumes contain voyages and travels not given by Prevot. This work also has been continued by Comeyras in 1798-1801, in 9 vols. 8vo.
30. Abrege de l’Histoire Generale des Voyages. Par La Harpe. 2 vols. 12mo. Paris, 1820.—This abridgment is executed with considerable judgment; it is necessarily confined to the most novel and curious parts of the narratives and descriptions.
31. Annales des Voyages. Par Malte Brun. 25 vols. 8vo. Paris, 1814-1817.
32. Nouvelles Annales des Voyages. Par Malte Brun et Eyries.—Twelve volumes are already published: four volumes are published annually. Perhaps the very high character of Malte Brun would lead us to expect a more severe and judicious selection than some parts of this work exhibit; but, on the whole, it is valuable.
33. Journal des Voyages, Decouvertes et Navigations Modernes, ou Archives Geographiques du 19me Siecle.—This work began in Nov. 1818, and is published monthly. Like all collections of this kind, the value of it would have been encreased, and the bulk much diminished, if the selection had been more scrupulous.
34. Delle Navigationi e Viaggi raccolti da M.G.B. Ramusio. Venet.—The most complete and accurate edition of this book consists of vol. 1. of the edition of 1588; vol. 2. of 1583; the third of 1565; and the Supplement of 1606.