* * * * *
Brought forward, L438 14 1
VI. Balance to next account—
Sum due by the Bank of Scotland
on 31st October 1899—
(1) On Deposit Receipt, L200 0 0
(2) On Current Account, 55 14 1 -------- 255 14 1 --------- Sum of Discharge, L694 8 2 =========
EDINBURGH, 23rd November 1899.—Having examined the Accounts of the Hon. Treasurer of the Scottish History Society for the year to 31st October 1899, of which the foregoing is an abstract, and compared the same with the vouchers, we beg to report that we find the said Account to be correct, the sum due by the Bank at the close thereof being L255, 14s. 1d.
WM. TRAQUAIR DICKSON, Auditor.
RALPH RICHARDSON, Auditor.
Scottish History Society.
SCOTTISH HISTORY SOCIETY
* * * * *
THE EARL OF ROSEBERY, K.G., K.T., LL.D.
Chairman of Council.
DAVID MASSON, LL.D., Historiographer Royal for Scotland.
JOHN SCOTT, C.B.
Sir J. BALFOUR PAUL, Knt., Lyon King of Arms.
P. HUME BROWN, M.A., LL.D.
Rev. JOHN HUTCHISON, D.D.
D. HAY FLEMING, LL.D.
Right Rev. JOHN DOWDEN, D.D., Bishop of Edinburgh.
J. MAITLAND THOMSON, Advocate, Keeper of the Historical
Department, H.M. Register House.
W.K. DICKSON, Advocate.
DAVID PATRICK, LL.D.
Sir ARTHUR MITCHELL, K.C.B., M.D., LL.D.
AENEAS J.G. MACKAY, Q.C., LL.D., Sheriff of Fife and Kinross.
Sir JOHN COWAN, Bart.
Corresponding Members of the Council.
C.H. FIRTH, Oxford; SAMUEL RAWSON GARDINER, D.C.L.,
Rev. W.D. MACRAY, Oxford; G.W. PROTHERO, Litt. D.
J.T. CLARK, Keeper of the Advocates’ Library.
T.G. LAW, LL.D., Librarian, Signet Library.
1. The object of the Society is the discovery and printing, under selected editorship, of unpublished documents illustrative of the civil, religious, and social history of Scotland. The Society will also undertake, in exceptional cases, to issue translations of printed works of a similar nature, which have not hitherto been accessible in English.
2. The number of Members of the Society shall be limited to 400.
3. The affairs of the Society shall be managed by a Council, consisting of a Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, and twelve elected Members, five to make a quorum. Three of the twelve elected Members shall retire annually by ballot, but they shall be eligible for re-election.
4. The Annual Subscription to the Society shall be One Guinea. The publications of the Society shall not be delivered to any Member whose Subscription is in arrear, and no Member shall be permitted to receive more than one copy of the Society’s publications.