1. The Queen of Sheba before Solomon. Fac-simile of a Miniature from the Breviary of Cardinal Grimani, attributed to Memling. Costumes of the Fifteenth Century.
2. The Court of Marie of Anjou, Wife of Charles VII. Fac-simile of a Miniature from the “Douze Perilz d’Enfer.” Costumes of the Fifteenth Century.
3. Louis XII. leaving Alexandria, on the 24th April, 1507, to chastise the City of Genoa. From a Miniature in the “Voyage de Genes” of Jean Marot.
4. A Young Mother’s Retinue. Miniature from a Latin “Terence” of Charles VI. Costumes of the Fourteenth Century.
5. Table Service of a Lady of Quality. Fac-simile of a Miniature in the “Roman de Renaud de Montauban.” Costumes of the Fifteenth Century.
6. Ladies Hunting. From a Miniature in a Manuscript Copy of “Ovid’s Epistles.” Costumes of the Fifteenth Century.
7. A Court Fool. Fac-simile of a Miniature in a Manuscript of the Fifteenth Century.
8. The Chess-players. After a Miniature of the “Three Ages of Man.” (End of the Fifteenth Century.)
9. Martyrdom of SS. Crispin and Crepinien. From a Window in the Hopital des Quinze-Vingts (Fifteenth Century).
10. Settlement of Accounts by the Brotherhood of Charite-Dieu, Rouen, in 1466. A Miniature from the “Livre des Comptes” of this Society (Fifteenth Century).
11. Decapitation of Guillaume de Pommiers and his Confessor at Bordeaux in 1377 ("Chroniques de Froissart").
12. The Jews’ Passover. Fac-simile of a Miniature in a Missal of the Fifteenth Century of the School of Van Eyck.
13. Entry of Charles VII. into Paris. A Miniature from the “Chroniques d’Enguerrand de Monstrelet.” Costumes of the Sixteenth Century.
14. St. Catherine surrounded by the Doctors of Alexandria. A Miniature from the Breviary of Cardinal Grimani, attributed to Memling. Costumes of the Fifteenth Century.
15. Italian Lace-work, in Gold-thread. The Cypher and Arms of Henri III. (Sixteenth Century).
Aigues-Mortes, Ramparts of the Town of
Alms Bag, Fifteenth Century
Amende honorable before the Tribunal
America, Discovery of
Anne of Brittany and the Ladies of her Court
Archer, in Fighting Dress, Fifteenth Century
Arms of Louis XI. and Charlotte of Savoy
Arms, Various, Fifteenth Century
Bailliage, or Tribunal of the King’s Bailiff,
Baker, The, Sixteenth Century
Balancing, Feats of, Thirteenth Century
Ballet, Representation of a, before Henri
III. and his Court
Banner of the Coopers of Bayonne
" " La Rochelle
" Corporation of Bakers of Arras
" " Bakers of Paris