* * * * *
HEALTHY LIFE BOOKLETS
Bound in Art Vellum. 1 s. net each._
1. The League against health. By Arnold Eiloart, B.Sc., Ph.D.
2. Food Remedies. By Florence Daniel.
3. Instead of drugs. By Arnold Eiloart, B.Sc., Ph.D.
4. The healthy life cook book. By Florence Daniel.
5. Nature versus medicine. By Arnold Eiloart, B.Sc., Ph.D.
6. Distilled water. By Florence Daniel.
7. Consumption doomed. By Dr. Paul Carton.
8. No Plant disease. By Arnold Eiloart, B.Sc., Ph.D.
9. Rheumatism and Allied ailments. By Dr. H. Valentine Knaggs.
10. Right diet for children. By Edgar J. Saxon.
11. Some popular food stuffs exposed. By Dr. Paul Carton.
12. Unfired food in practice. By Stanley Gibbon.
13. The truth about sugar. By Dr. H. Valentine Knaggs.
14. How the mind heals and why. By Florence Daniel.
15. Osteopathy. By Florence Daniel.
16. A new suggestion treatment. By Dr. Stenson Hooker
17. Health through breathing. By Olgar Lazarus.
18. What to eat and how much. By Florence Daniel.
Nos. 14, 15 and 18 are in preparation.
London: C. W. Daniel, Ltd., Graham House, Tudor Street, E.C.
* * * * *
1. Cold water bread.
1-1/4 lb. fine wholemeal flour to 3/4 pint water.
Put the meal into a basin, add the water gradually, and mix with a clean, cool hand. (Bread, pastry, etc., mixed with a spoon, especially of metal, will not be so light as that mixed with a light cool hand.) Knead lightly for 20 minutes. (A little more flour may be required while kneading, as some brands of meal do not absorb so much water as others, but do not add more than is absolutely necessary to prevent the fingers sticking.) Put the dough on to a floured board and divide into four round loaves. Prick with a fork on top.
The colder the water used, the lighter the bread, and if the mixing be done by an open window so much the better, for unfermented bread is air-raised. Distilled or clean boiled rain-water makes the lightest bread. But it should be poured backwards and forwards from one jug to another several times, in order to aerate it.